Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Drove from frimley to wexham park hospital for my wifes covid stabbing only to be told she cant have it until next week. Well at least its a drive out in the van and we will do it again next week. Cant wait
Update..... my wife got stabbed against covid this morning. Took her to st peters chertsey nice ride out in the sunshine. Shes a nurse on priority list. I have to wait for mine.

Switched on the diesel heater. Raised the roof, checked that all was well. Applied Gummi Pflege to the roof seals. Closed the roof. Sat in the warm van for some time. Switched off the heater. Back inside the house :cool:

Switched on the diesel heater. Raised the roof, checked that all was well. Applied Gummi Pflege to the roof seals. Closed the roof. Sat in the warm van for some time. Switched off the heater. Back inside the house :cool:
Cheapest place to purchase ? EBay ?

Never thought of applying anything to the seals and never heard of Gummy Pflege before. Have you discovered this due to problems with the seal?

Never thought of applying anything to the seals and never heard of Gummy Pflege before. Have you discovered this due to problems with the seal?
Have always done it with all my cars so just continued with the Cali. The Cali does have more rubber seals exposed such as the roof seals and it does keep the rubber from becoming hard/cracking.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have Krytox from my previous role, that’s said to cost more but last longer to lube up, all rubber seals.

Left it sitting on the drive :-( and went for a walk to Combe Hill :)

Attachments

• 1124B0D4-B689-4FC1-AB89-43680787A768.jpeg
    1124B0D4-B689-4FC1-AB89-43680787A768.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 2CE9F0D0-0D1B-4079-A86A-84147FC33B14.jpeg
    2CE9F0D0-0D1B-4079-A86A-84147FC33B14.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 1F37DE3D-D4CF-49A5-8423-C5FEB73826F0.jpeg
    1F37DE3D-D4CF-49A5-8423-C5FEB73826F0.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 63
Tested the Nokians up the Coombe Gibbet car park ascent. Very confidence inspiring and went up and came down the steep road without any issues. From memory, I think about a 16% gradient. People were parking their cars at the bottom of the road. Did see some squiggly car tracks where cars had gone all over the place. This 3 ton vehicle took it all in its stride. :thumb

Had coffee at the beach. Cala Reona, near Cartagena .
Have you worked out where to get a covid check for return to the UK? Is it possible in pharmacies in Spain? I have been looking at the weather forecasts for the region and it looks like it is improved. Nice view.

Are you holidaying there or do you live locally?
We spend 6 months here over the winter.

There are places where you can get the test, at the moment we are planning to do a couple of nights at Aranjuez, where we could have it done. It depends on which test is required at the time of travel, we are still six weeks away and things change so quickly. The weather is picking up nicely however and the current restrictions are bearable at the moment although they may change again on Thursday.

Moved a disassembled loft bed and double mattress to storage.

On returning I timed how long it would take to convert to four rear seats (3 seat bench and one captains chair).

From parking on the driveway to being ready to take four adults in the back was 2m 53s, including shortening the multiflex and removing and replacing the floor rails. A lot of people complain that removing and replacing single seats is a pain in the arse. I do it regularly and it gets easier with practice.

1e48b819492beece91e87a98faf9f5fa.jpg

140 x 200cm pocket sprung mattress. It looks comfy!
Can we see it folded up?!

Back