Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Just returned from visiting north Kent and the Isle of Sheppy. Great visit to the 11th Century church on Isle of Harty with great views across the Swale. Whilst on Sheppy visited Leysdown on Sea - don't go! The shore road was lined with campers and motorhomes and what a mess with that unmistakably odour! Am now convinced that the new law against unauthorized overnight camping is a must, whatIMG_20210813_114342_927.jpgIMG_20210813_114121_296.jpgIMG_20210813_113030_395.jpgIMG_20210813_113008_928.jpg I witnessed was a health hazard waiting to happen. Aires may be an answer but only if the locals want one. Sorry guys - bring on the new legislation!

What a tidy awning. Pitched on Friday morning at Shrewsbury Folk Festival. Had a fabulous time. All outside but the weather’s been brilliant. Always sad for it to finish. Staying over tonight and will wake up to an almost empty field, then pack away and pootle home.

Just one more festival to go now for this season for us. Luckily we’ve managed to get to four since lockdown eased.

Can’t get the photo uploaded so you’ll just have to imagine my lovely tidy awning that amazingly stayed tidy for the whole 4 days!

Just washed the van after a few days camping at the Bath and West show. It was a great event - somewhat smaller than the usual pre-covid show but no the less a great show. Even got to see some ferret racing last night!

I replaced the water pump in the water tank. Following instructions on this site it was easy enough. Now have water from the tap. Great.

I'm also looking at this that detached itself from its place on the tailgate partially damaging the left rear light:

20210901_173939.jpg

Be interested to hear how easy / difficult it was to remove the bench and avoid scratching the trim. I assume it's better with 2 of you?
Doesn’t look like it’s been removed. Just moved forward.

Be interested to hear how easy / difficult it was to remove the bench and avoid scratching the trim. I assume it's better with 2 of you?
Not taking the bench our Stu@rt. Just removed the stops to slide it all the way forward.

I think @Stu@rt might be referring to the bed board behind the bench seat?
Anyway, @Stu@rt I have removed it single handed but it is a two person job really.
Ah ok, I've had the base board out a few times. I have taken it out ok solo but its tricky getting it back in on your own!

Thanks @GrumpyGranddad . Yeah that was my badly worded question. And good to know (for when I'll ultimately need access to that pesky 2nd battery fuse!)
I should add that the finish on the cuboards is only a type of stick on plastic sheet and it's really easy to mark it so recommend getting some help. Guess how I know :talktothehand

Back