Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

I moved from my parents house to my flat by bicycle!
That’s nothing, one of my trainees disappeared for the best part of a day, we found out when she eventually turned up in the late afternoon that her and a friend had been moving from one side of Tottenham to the other by bus.
Whilst a few eyebrows had been raised at two girls carrying a double mattress and bed frame on board it was tolerated.
On their 6th or 7th trip they fell out with the bus driver when he wouldn’t allow them to bring the fridge freezer on board.

We ended up sending a couple of company vans over to shift the rest of her stuff but it took a number of years before we let her forget about it.

That’s nothing, one of my trainees disappeared for the best part of a day, we found out when she eventually turned up in the late afternoon that her and a friend had been moving from one side of Tottenham to the other by bus.
Whilst a few eyebrows had been raised at two girls carrying a double mattress and bed frame on board it was tolerated.
On their 6th or 7th trip they fell out with the bus driver when he wouldn’t allow them to bring the fridge freezer on board.

We ended up sending a couple of company vans over to shift the rest of her stuff but it took a number of years before we let her forget about it.

I had no bed and little furniture when I moved in. I slept on a thin foam camping mat and in a sleeping bag for the first few nights until I bought a futon and futon base that folded into a sofa. I slept on that for eight years. At some point interest rates shot up to 14.75% and I managed to scrape together enough money to furnish the second bedroom so I could rent it out to keep up the mortgage repayments.

But I guess buying a first home at 23 alone is something most young people can’t even aspire to nowadays. Even then it was unusual.

I bought some second hand Amarok wheels. Got them from an ambulance builder so they are practically new. Decided to try Plasti dip on them:
i-9ThNzrd-X2.jpg

First coats of paint, matte black.
i-JFjhcqP-X2.jpg

Will most likely get General AT3 tires to use year arround, a bit worried for our trips to the north but have been running stud free winter tires all the time.

Why do Beach Owners feel so insecure that they are constantly justifying their purchase.:headbang:headbang
You might Disagree @BeagleMum , but they do. Whenever someone mentions , as in this case , moving a student into accommodation with an Ocean, we get the usual posts " oh, but the Beach is so much more flexible, blah de blah."
Why can't Beach Owners just accept not everyone wants a MPV with a pop top and a standalone awning.

Why do Beach Owners feel so insecure that they are constantly justifying their purchase.:headbang:headbang
I think if you look at your post history WG it is you, more often than not, that are constantly justify your purchase & set the tone of looking down your proverbial nose at those that choose to have a California that is not an Ocean!
WG can be found in every thread discussion when a Beach is mentioned ! :headbang:headbang:headbang

just let it lie, it is you who perpetuate this ongoing banter with your single minded view of the California as you cannot help but respond to anything where a Beach is mentioned, particularly if you can slip a dig not so subtle dig in at the same time, then you seem to get upset when quite rightly people express their reason for having a Beach or a Coast Citing that they have to justify their position!

I’ll spell out why most Beach owners don’t drive an Ocean :

They Don’t want one because they have the best California for them !

I think if you look at your post history WG it is you, more often than not, that are constantly justify your purchase & set the tone of looking down your proverbial nose at those that choose to have a California that is not an Ocean!
WG can be found in every thread discussion when a Beach is mentioned ! :headbang:headbang:headbang

just let it lie, it is you who perpetuate this ongoing banter with your single minded view of the California as you cannot help but respond to anything where a Beach is mentioned, particularly if you can slip a dig not so subtle dig in at the same time, then you seem to get upset when quite rightly people express their reason for having a Beach or a Coast Citing that they have to justify their position!

Yes the SE/Ocean is the best for me. I have never suggested otherwise, unlike many Beach owners who go on and on about how flexible etc etc. For many SE/Ocean owners the vehicle does everything they want 365 days of the year and if I want to move house I would hire a van and if 7 want to go on a trip a minibus.

421B97B3-C23D-4978-B40D-FBEC4F472D2C.jpeg3092B8FB-E22A-4DB3-9527-A0D22FC8644F.jpeg
0DEBD281-86B1-4B81-B177-44515B031402.jpeg

Had mine in bits today. Heres a tip if you ever fancy removing the auxiliary belt . Photograph how it loops around all the various components and pulleys first!!!

20210906_124548.jpg

You might Disagree @BeagleMum , but they do. Whenever someone mentions , as in this case , moving a student into accommodation with an Ocean, we get the usual posts " oh, but the Beach is so much more flexible, blah de blah."
Why can't Beach Owners just accept not everyone wants a MPV with a pop top and a standalone awning.

I fully get that - and yes, I look on in envy at Ocean owners who rock up at a campsite, press a button to elevate their roof, wind out their awning canopy and are sat down with a g&t@6oclockonthe.withice while I’m still working out which way around my driveaway awning goes.

But a four berth camper as a holiday job and seven seat MPV term time suits us very well.

And yes- the payload as a removals van is so much bigger without the kitchen sink.

So while there might be occasional envy, there is no covetousness.

I think that the point is that the Beach can do anything that an Ocean can do but an Ocean cannot do everything that a Beach can do.
Regardless of having a beach/coast/ocean, If I'd had any more space the daugter would have filled if and then some!
As were only 2 + dog we only sleep up top and the ocean is an ideal mix of camper and day van but I can see the merits of all 3 varients.

Well put @Perfecto.

Back