Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Followed a 2012 T5 yellow California in our 2017 T6 yellow California for about 5 miles on the A259 between Southbourne and Fishbourne.

I’m pretty short (153cm) so I wanted something to reach the ’gutters’ and top of the van etc. for cleaning duties. I bought one of these from Wicks, it’s height adjustable up to 70cm and creates a really good stable platform for cleaning the van at home. It wasn’t cheap but will have lots of other uses around the house

Werner 79023 Adjustable Pro Work Platform

4EFB2432-837E-4FAB-B8DA-29D25577AC5C.jpeg

Spotted a White/Copper Bronze 6.1 with a ‘21 plate passing my house in Wendover this morning. VWCC member ?

Set up a home office in the van after testing positive this morning!...Went back to the office for 3 days last week, 3 days this week on a busy reduced Southern / Thameslink train service.View attachment 88868View attachment 88872
Amazing how Omicron has spread @Ch1pbutty
We had it a few weeks ago and know of 18 family/friends who have also had it in recent weeks. We had no symptons at all and wouldn't have known had we not done regular LFT’s. The self isolation is a pain but there’s always Netflix. Get well soon.

Last edited:
I’m pretty short (153cm) so I wanted something to reach the ’gutters’ and top of the van etc. for cleaning duties. I bought one of these from Wicks, it’s height adjustable up to 70cm and creates a really good stable platform for cleaning the van at home. It wasn’t cheap but will have lots of other uses around the house

Werner 79023 Adjustable Pro Work Platform

Just purchased one of these myself, excellent reach.

I went to the supermarket today , and I was there for literally 5 minutes.
When I came out there was a cop writing a parking ticket.
So I went up to him and said, "Come on, buddy, how about giving a guy a break?"
He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. So I called him a pencil-necked Dick headed cop. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for worn tires!
So I then asked him if his psychiatrist makes him lie face down on the couch cause he's so ugly.
He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket!
This went on until he had placed 5 tickets on the winshield... the more I insulted him, the more tickets he wrote. I didn't care. My car was parked around the corner.
- LOL -

So spill the beans what did you buy for the van!
Nothing :) :) .
Went to the show with friends who are thinking of buying a van or more likely a motorhome :-(

Did look at some drive away awnings but won’t consider getting one until we plan an extended stay of a week or more on a site. Even then probably won’t get one - they seem a bit of a faff (and quite bulky).

Nothing :) :) .
Went to the show with friends who are thinking of buying a van or more likely a motorhome :-(

Did look at some drive away awnings but won’t consider getting one until we plan an extended stay of a week or more on a site. Even then probably won’t get one - they seem a bit of a faff (and quite bulky).
I use to carry a beach windbreak (cheap wooden type), handy and quick to put in place to mark your turf and have extra privacy on a campsite.

Went to the NEC. Spent too much wonga. Nearly got killed by an ***hole on the M40. Good job the brakes are good on the Cali, apologies to the Crafter that was behind me who fortunately also slowed down in time.

Nowt, but lovingly looking at it on the drive as I peruse the new Britstops app and receive emails regarding the lineups for all the festivals we have booked. :)

Back