Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Washed it for the first time this morning on the second anniversary of my acquiring it. As it took more than three hours, I'm thinking that I might have to reduce the washing frequency. Having washed it, it's raining this afternoon.
One interesting thing to me was that the tailgate and rear window were virtually unsoiled, whereas on my car, the back end is always the muckiest bit. It does have mud flaps, maybe they help?

No. It does have a bike rack, but I don't think that would make any difference.
Interesting. It may just. It all depends on the vortex pattern that is created at the rear. The mud flaps do help a bit, but it would seem that a spoiler helps the most.

I have mudflaps and half a cycle rack (just the part that attaches to the van, put the cycle stands only when required, usually use a tow bar one) and the rear tailgate is a mess as always.

Filter changes. Cabin filter first, omg how much debris, easy 10/15 minute job. Then onto the air filter. Fiddly job but easy enough. Next is the oil and filter, but that's another day.
IMG_20220318_141732.jpgIMG_20220318_141858.jpg
IMG_20220318_144057.jpg

Not sure when it was last done, clearly not at it's last service! It doesn't help that it's parked facing the hedge.
Been through all my vehicles then it only costs for an oil and filter change. Eurocarparts have all filters reduced at the moment, so thought I'll get them done.

Not sure when it was last done, clearly not at it's last service! It doesn't help that it's parked facing the hedge.
Been through all my vehicles then it only costs for an oil and filter change. Eurocarparts have all filters reduced at the moment, so thought I'll get them done.
Are you also doing the fuel filter?

843e2beabe1cde3d60e8adc76c1492f7.jpg

Boot emptied, bench seat pushed forward, and multiflex removed to clear out Grandpa Ron’s care home room of loads of vinyl…

Ron Davis 14 November 1936 to 14 March 2022.
Father of the Chapel at the Daily Express.

843e2beabe1cde3d60e8adc76c1492f7.jpg

Boot emptied, bench seat pushed forward, and multiflex removed to clear out Grandpa Ron’s care home room of loads of vinyl…

Ron Davis 14 November 1936 to 14 March 2022.
Father of the Chapel at the Daily Express.

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything goes ok. S

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plucked up the courage to go to Forest School in her. Lovely drive, (though £80 fill-up was a shock after a weekend trip to the coast). Then snuck off to drink coffee in peace whilst young Georgina-Anne played with her pals amongst the trees. Found time to think clearly, listen to birds, drink coffee and finally decide which Vangear kitchen to buy. Lunch was a fraught affair with me constantly reminding the poor child not to stain the upholstery. Next stop seat covers and car mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just booked honey folk on 2 june for four days and weyfest in august
Hadn’t heard of either of them so looked them up. Both sound really interesting and weyfest looks great fun (do you go in Star Fleet uniform, Capt?).

So far we’ve booked: Upton on Seven folk fest, Beardy folk fest, Ely folk fest, Folk East, Shrewsbury folk fest, Timber fest. Thinking about Shepley Spring fest, Warwick folk fest and acoustic fest of GB.

So many festivals and so little time. Lots that I’d like to go to clash. I do love a festival!

Depending on what else comes up for that bank hol, I fancy honey folk on 2 June. Where do you get tickets from for that one?

Spent 7.5hrs detailing Chloe. Not turned out bad for a 4.5yr old van.

Washed, tar remover, clayed, washed, polished, glazed and waxed. Then dressed all the rubber and plastics.

Tomorrow is the interiors turn!

View attachment 90756
View attachment 90757
View attachment 90758
Very nice, you give me encouragement to do mine ! Normally just pressure foam wash pre-clean, shampoo + brush and protective coating as its quick and doesn't need dry weather which is in short supply here !

Very nice, you give me encouragement to do mine ! Normally just pressure foam wash pre-clean, shampoo + brush and protective coating as its quick and doesn't need dry weather which is in short supply here !
Are you sure about dry weather being in short supply!!!!! Stunning week :cool:

Back