Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Looking very nice! Is it Laser white and "grey"?
Looks like you wrapped the top half? Could i ask what sort of budget you need to do such a thing and what to look out for? Looks great, more pics please.

Good afternoon,

I did a bit of maintenance on the camper this morning:
  • Cleaned the fridge
  • Put up the roof and checked if there was any water or condensation
  • Checked for water / condensation along the sliding windows
  • Checked for water / condensation in the cupboard
  • Checked for water / condensation in the gas bottle compartment
  • Cleaned the sealing rubber from the roof
  • Waxed the paint work around the roof
  • Hoovered the camper
The good thing is that everything is ok. I was hoping to give the camper a quick wash as well, but as the weather forecast said, there are heavy showers this afternoon. :(

Happy California,
Eberhard

Good afternoon,

I did a bit of maintenance on the camper this morning:
  • Cleaned the fridge
  • Put up the roof and checked if there was any water or condensation
  • Checked for water / condensation along the sliding windows
  • Checked for water / condensation in the cupboard
  • Checked for water / condensation in the gas bottle compartment
  • Cleaned the sealing rubber from the roof
  • Waxed the paint work around the roof
  • Hoovered the camper
The good thing is that everything is ok. I was hoping to give the camper a quick wash as well, but as the weather forecast said, there are heavy showers this afternoon. :(

Happy California,
Eberhard
Or you have a water issue, or you have a water fetisj?

Good that your van is ok. :thumb

Fitted the GTI seat covers from the club shop which look fantastic- however managed to sheer off the drivers outside armrest bolt :headbang Also one of the plastic grommets from the front seat trim broke during removal... but at least that clipped back with the other fixing and is not noticeable!! So annoyed, our van is only 6 days old!

There’s not a lot of the bolt showing, I’m going to run it into vw just to see what they quote, otherwise drilling it out seems like the only option!
Glad I’m not the only one :)

I did exactly the same whilst fitting same seat covers !! It’s more common than you’d imagine. Don’t buy a cheap bolt extractor and snap that off inside like I did !! If there is any of the bolt poking out at all then tap it out with a flat screwdriver anti-clockwise. If not then a quality bolt extractor or drill it out. The new bolts can be picked up on eBay quite cheaply and can’t be worse that you’re replacing.

Reversed the reversal of the wheel chocks on #4 rail of Amarillo’s Quasi bike rack.

I had originally reversed the wheel chocks to fit the short wheel base of a child’s bike. But kids get bigger and in time need a longer wheel base bike, and the chocks need to be returned to their original state.

Removed my awning to repair a loose seam in the canvas.

Five minute, one man job to remove the awning, we’ll see how easy it is to put it back.
I placed the awning on the garage floor, openend it up and applied some stormsure to fix the loose seam. Hoping it will hold.

This is also a good chance to clean and lube everthing awning related, and most importantly, drive around without the awning to be sure once and for all which rattles originate from the awning.
Interesting ..

Went for a fill up to the Netherlands.
The diesel price is lower than in Belgium. I just have to pollute a bit more to drive to the gas station. But I don't mind that. If they have a problem with that, they just have to lower the diesel price in Belgium, so it's not worth driving the extra miles.

The last fill up was on september 17th in Bonny-sur-Loire, in France.

Fixed a puncture. Noticed when out to go for a drive. As I had the time, decided to take the wheel off and fix the puncture. Devonports came off easy as I had put copper grease on the spigots beginning of summer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fitted the GTI seat covers from the club shop which look fantastic- however managed to sheer off the drivers outside armrest bolt :headbang Also one of the plastic grommets from the front seat trim broke during removal... but at least that clipped back with the other fixing and is not noticeable!! So annoyed, our van is only 6 days old!

There’s not a lot of the bolt showing, I’m going to run it into vw just to see what they quote, otherwise drilling it out seems like the only option!
Sorry that you hurt your van !

Finally got an MOT...
Replaced faulty drl bulb, what a b1tch...
Had two new front tyres. Crossclimate +
Drove down to Devon for a surf.

Just had a toasty, ala Ridgemonkey.

Nightmare!! Was you taking it off when it sheared, or when replacing it?

It happen when I was removing the first bolt, great way to start haha - I think it needed a bit of back and forth to release the lock tight glue first - all the other bolts were fine.

I've read about the issue on other threads. Others have managed to persuade it out. Have a quick search about. I recall some do's & don'ts. I think the advice (If I recall correctly) Was a reverse thread drill was way better than the cheap extractors. (Which are likely to snap and leave you with something harder that will be too hard to drill). All that assumes that there isn't anything left protruding that you could get a set of grips onto. Good luck.

Today I picked up a Bargain Weber Q bbq second hand for £65 - in my Cali. I will give it a makeover then present as a moving in gift to my eldest when he and his fiancée move into their new house.

I then continued on to Cambridge university to pick daughter up and load all gear in as she’s coming home to recuperate after having had covid two weeks ago (still with bbq in the van)- not many vehicles you can do that in :cool:

Today I picked up a Bargain Weber Q bbq second hand for £65 - in my Cali. I will give it a makeover then present as a moving in gift to my eldest when he and his fiancée move into their new house.

I then continued on to Cambridge university to pick daughter up and load all gear in as she’s coming home to recuperate after having had covid two weeks ago (still with bbq in the van)- not many vehicles you can do that in :cool:

you could have picked up a few of her friends too and dropped them home (like I did) :thumb

Went for a fill up to the Netherlands.
The diesel price is lower than in Belgium. I just have to pollute a bit more to drive to the gas station. But I don't mind that. If they have a problem with that, they just have to lower the diesel price in Belgium, so it's not worth driving the extra miles.

The last fill up was on september 17th in Bonny-sur-Loire, in France.
How much cash did you save?

It happen when I was removing the first bolt, great way to start haha - I think it needed a bit of back and forth to release the lock tight glue first - all the other bolts were fine.
The manufacturers will fit them for £70. I failed to put up a straight shelf so I think it’ll be money well spent

Back