Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

I had a Schumacher Storm Truck and my Cousin had the Tamiya Blackfoot.
Amazing days building, breaking , fixing, charging and racing...
Tamia hotshot and Schumacher pro cat for me. Seem to remember racing was shortest part of it.
I would have given anything for something like the brushless electric cars available today.

@soulstyledevon, what is the small white disc on the bottom L.H.side of the rear tailgate?
I've seen a number of Calis sporting this without having the chance to see one "in the flesh"

@soulstyledevon, what is the small white disc on the bottom L.H.side of the rear tailgate?
I've seen a number of Calis sporting this without having the chance to see one "in the flesh"

I think it’s some sort of gas testing certification...
It was on when I bought the van a couple of years ago.
I will take a pic tomorrow, if you like

Anybody removed this silver disc? Was it easy to remove?

Anybody removed this silver disc? Was it easy to remove?
Mine was categorically the most horrible job I've ever done on the van. It took scraping, heating, solvent, and much swearing. The sticker was brittle and just kept flaking into tiny pieces instead of simply peeling off. It had been on for almost five years when we bought the van, so age may have played a part.

Autoglym tar spot remover is excellent for removing glue from paintwork.

Very easy. I removed it from the start because it only concerns Germany.
So do you need it on the van if you travel to Germany or only if you’re resident there?

Only if the vehicle is registered in Germany.
Theoretically, campsites in Germany at least, may ask you to show a Gas Safety Test Certificate. otherwise they may refuse to host you.
It's totally nonsense that my Germany registered Cali must pass this test every two years, while a potential campsite neighbor from another country must not...

Took it to the Leeds VW Centre for its first service. Nice and easy, much more room than the Bradford one, and 3 other Californias there, which I hope is a good sign, i.e. they were getting routine work done, not they were all being fixed!

Good to know there are more trail/fell runners amongst us - my Cali is a long long way from arriving but keen to know tips to keep it clean after a morning of bog trotting!
Change of clothing and plenty of plastic bags!! Kinder Scout next week to celebrate the easing of lockdown.... it seems to have been an age.

Spec the shower attachment to wash all the mud off. Good footwell mats and car seat covers
Done that! Currently got a pump up plant sprayer for the same job, the shower head will be a nice touch. That light interior looks very easy to mess up though!

Back