What water shortage...

Guy/Louise

Guy/Louise

Life is for living....
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Good afternoon..
I’m wondering why my fridge is producing So much water... it’s actually swilling around in the bottom, surely that’s not right! The amout of food or type in there makes no difference. I would have thought that, like my fridge at home, the moisture should disappear!
So, before I embarrass myself at the dealer, is this the same as other users?

Ours tends to do it after it's been on for a week or so. Sometimes the outside wall is frozen, sometimes not but I guess any ice etc. that defrosts will accumulate in the bottom. We usually have a quick empty of the fridge and a wipeout every week.

Good afternoon..
I’m wondering why my fridge is producing So much water... it’s actually swilling around in the bottom, surely that’s not right! The amout of food or type in there makes no difference. I would have thought that, like my fridge at home, the moisture should disappear!
So, before I embarrass myself at the dealer, is this the same as other users?
Your one at home probably has a small drain at the back which allows any condensed water to drip away. The one in the van doesn't. I raise food slightly using a cut down sink drain, looks like a miniature plastic trellis!

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
I drilled a drain hole myself , easy DIY job !
:pinkbanana

Air contains water vapour as this cools inside the fridge it condenses out and over time collects in the bottom, as the fridge has no where for it to escape
it builds up.

I have a cut the base out of a Tesco delivery crate and it sits on the bottom of my fridge keeping the contents out of the accumulated water.

All the above is true, but if the door isn't closing properly, the problem is exacerbated.

Thanks for the reassurance... I kept schtum at the dealer today... cheers guys!

Back