Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any 'unordered' surprises - Welcome, or otherwise?

Stu@rt

Stu@rt

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
I recall reading about the 'administration' error that led to @Manic 's Coast arriving without the privacy glass that he had ordered. I guess there will be a few others that had options missing on delivery? It left me curious if anyone had ever received any "freebies". i.e their Cali got delivered with options that they hadn't spec'ed ? Any welcome / unwelcome surprises at collection time?

I recall reading about the 'administration' error that led to @Manic 's Coast arriving without the privacy glass that he had ordered. I guess there will be a few others that had options missing on delivery? It left me curious if anyone had ever received any "freebies". i.e their Cali got delivered with options that they hadn't spec'ed ? Any welcome / unwelcome surprises at collection time?
I read a thread about someone ordering paying for,?then finally collecting their new 4 motion, they drive home, See no obvious signs that it is a 4 motion, no badges etc, look under the van, you guessed it, no 4 motion on van, paperwork all correct, but no checks down by the dealer

I read a thread about someone ordering paying for,?then finally collecting their new 4 motion, they drive home, See no obvious signs that it is a 4 motion, no badges etc, look under the van, you guessed it, no 4 motion on van, paperwork all correct, but no checks down by the dealer
The dealer put down the VED on a new 2018 Ocean as £250. Paid my deposit and so the dealership had to honour the OTR price. Does this count?

I got a free 5th seat with my Coast. It took me a few days to figure out how to remove it. I haven't used it so far but it might eventually be useful.

I got a free 5th seat with my Coast. It took me a few days to figure out how to remove it. I haven't used it so far but it might eventually be useful.
Did you spec the floor rail for it ?

No. I think the third floor rail is standard in the Coast.

When I ordered my 6.0 Ocean, I had to specify if I wanted to be able to add a fifth seat in the future. It was a no cost option so I picked it.

Turns out that the fifth seat also required the van to have the bigger 17" brakes. Since I ordered the Cali with 16" Clayton wheels, I got the 17" Cascavel wheels + bigger brakes for free.

When I ordered my 6.0 Ocean, I had to specify if I wanted to be able to add a fifth seat in the future. It was a no cost option so I picked it.

Turns out that the fifth seat also required the van to have the bigger 17" brakes. Since I ordered the Cali with 16" Clayton wheels, I got the 17" Cascavel wheels + bigger brakes for free.
In the uk configurater all oceans come with the bigger brakes and 17” wheels as standard. The coast doesn’t & if you order the 5th seat you need the chassis upgrade.

In the uk configurater all oceans come with the bigger brakes and 17” wheels as standard. The coast doesn’t & if you order the 5th seat you need the chassis upgrade.
Yeah but this was 4 years ago. VW tried to pass the cost onto me but my dealer refused that and said it was their problem.

Now there's a proper freebie. Brilliant!

Resurrecting this thread, as a few new Coast owners are reporting that they received the extra sliding window in the sliding door, despite not "speccing" it.
A quick check of the configurator this morning and it still shows
"Sliding window with fly screen in passenger compartment left" at a £114 option

As someone whose Coast is (Hopefully) in build this week, I'd be keen to learn if this has been the "norm" we recently deliveries, or is it just a lucky few that have picked up a £114 freebie?

Resurrecting this thread, as a few new Coast owners are reporting that they received the extra sliding window in the sliding door, despite not "speccing" it.
A quick check of the configurator this morning and it still shows
"Sliding window with fly screen in passenger compartment left" at a £114 option

As someone whose Coast is (Hopefully) in build this week, I'd be keen to learn if this has been the "norm" we recently deliveries, or is it just a lucky few that have picked up a £114 freebie?
I wonder again if the fly screens are now being delivered?

Recently chased our dealer (picked up van end Sept) about the fly screens and they say currently on back order along with hundreds of other items.

Any other new Coasts arrived recently with the £114 freebie?

We got the sliding window for free - no fly screens though I don't think

We got fly screens with our ocean that we collected 2 weeks ago.

One thing I didn’t think we had as standard was blind spot assist, thought that was an option that we didn’t spec, however our Cali has it.

Should it not have had that? I didn’t pay for it.
It's listed as an £114 option (Previously closer to £300 I think). Be interesting to see if they are just temporarily fitting those windows (Standard on an Ocean) due to a stock shortage of the non-opener, or if it has become the norm? I didn't spec it, so will be interesting to see if & when ours arrives.

It's listed as an £114 option (Previously closer to £300 I think). Be interesting to see if they are just temporarily fitting those windows (Standard on an Ocean) due to a stock shortage of the non-opener, or if it has become the norm? I didn't spec it, so will be interesting to see if & when ours arrives.
Is it? I don’t remember seeing it. I wouldn’t have picked it but it’s nice to have it I guess. Is it part of a package?

Back