Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are prices due to crash?

Great sentiment. Trouble is massive rises in holiday costs, scaremongering in media that if you haven't booked a holiday already you are too late and we are back to fully booked campsites again.
Plus a few recent celebrity TV programs promoting campervans & motorhomes.

Today with too much free time watched a youtube video on probable taxation on vehicle use in the not too distant future. Of all things depressing why are motorists used as cash cows. The idea of road pricing would curtail pricing of vehicles more than anything else.

A 2020 California Coast, 24,00 miles went through Auction at £53k.

2018 Beach 71,000 miles just missed its reserve at £35k.

I'd say the market still seems fairly strong.

Link? Is that BCA?

I was looking to buy at BCA but its just too difficult as a non-trader and things were going close to private sale prices with a lot more risk.

Hmm.
I sold my Ocean 2017 end of last year.
£50k
I would say the markets dropped or Coasts sell for a lot less than Oceans…

Hmm.
£50k

I think the Coast is a tricky one to value, certainly for me. It exceeded the reserve price, but only by a few hundred pounds.

I was tempted myself but there's one Coast on here for £56k which hasn't sold.

The Ocean always seems to be in demand and I know where I stand with them, I find Beaches / Coasts hard to value.

Last edited:
Hmm.
£50k
All depends on the options. Its quite easy to get the Coast up to near Ocean spec. That one that sold for 53K might have had very few options, hence the price.

I was tempted myself but there's one Coast on here for £56k which hasn't sold.

i spoke to the owner on that one, the issue is with the reduced lead times now available on a new Ocean, the cost difference isn't that great for what will be a 2 year newer, better spec'd van with 3 years of servicing, 1 year insurance, 3 year warranty etc included... i guess if you can't wait then thats an option but for me new seemed the better way to go.

No price crash in Sheffield.

View attachment 103361
So we are about the renew our insurance, on a 1 year old Ocean, not dissimilar to the add from JCT600 at £95,700, but in 2 tone plus a number of extras. When it comes to “current replacement value” do we stick with the original purchase price without discount? That is £26k lower than this add!?

So we are about the renew our insurance, on a 1 year old Ocean, not dissimilar to the add from JCT600 at £95,700, but in 2 tone plus a number of extras. When it comes to “current replacement value” do we stick with the original purchase price without discount? That is £26k lower than this add!?
that depends how much money you want to get back if you write the van off.

Safeguard insure our Hymer said I need to use the current market value for replacement purposes. Give a new van is now c£17k more than we paid in July we went for the higher figure.

When I renews mine my take was it was the market value up to the value on the proposal form. That was about £10k.

Fingers crossed for a big old crash. Get rid of all of those COVID Campers so we can get back to being spontaneous and book sites at short notice.

Airfares up 44% in December
Foreign Holiday's gunna costa lotta

We thought about flying off to the Tenerife or Lanza for a week in half term. Nearly £5k for two adults and a seven year old.
The Canaries….!!!!
The bloody Canaries…
:headbang
Half term prices flights/hotels go through the roof, I take both my kids out of school, I make sure they bring school work with them, but I find and believe that kids learn so much traveling, even if they try learning a different language and learn about different cultures while away.

Half term prices flights/hotels go through the roof, I take both my kids out of school, I make sure they bring school work with them, but I find and believe that kids learn so much traveling, even if they try learning a different language and learn about different cultures while away.
Mine are home schooled so we travel as and when we want!

We thought about flying off to the Tenerife or Lanza for a week in half term. Nearly £5k for two adults and a seven year old.
The Canaries….!!!!
The bloody Canaries…
:headbang
Cheaper to go Cali and Santa Cruz !
Supply and demand sucks.

We won’t take ours out.
I believe school is too important and won’t let him miss a day.
Agree about learning from travelling. He definitely picks things up on our travels and we encourage him to learn stuff about where we are going. Simple stuff, Nessie in Scotland, Mountains and the different seasons and how they change or perhaps unusual animals we encounter like camels or snakes. There’s always something to learn about on a trip… :thumb

We do hybrid school bunking.

We travel out after school the Wednesday before summer half term, bunking off on Thursday and Friday, and return home on the Saturday after half term to get the cheapest ferry/tunnel tickets.

Kids hardly do any work at school during the two days before a school holiday. The Buckaroo comes out for the naughty ones and chess sets for the intellectual ones.

Last year we drove all the way down to south of Alicante for Easter, but unlikely this year.

I do wonder if flying peaked in 2019 before the Pandemic, and we will now see a gradual decline in numbers flying. I’ve heard little about Heathrow’s third runway, and wonder if it will need to be built.

Back