Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are prices due to crash?

Exactly. And also it’s usually a great time for pupils to have a bit of fun together doing something different in school. I always felt the pupils not in school missed out a bit - but fully understand families doing it.

Absolutely.
I help out with PTA and we do a lot of things at the end of term. I wouldn’t want my kid to miss out on those fun group activities.

One Cali listed on here I had my eye on for a little while.

Seller dropped the price by 20% last might , I nearly brought it this morning but had a bit of a mix up with seller.

Goes to show, pricing well will see Cali’s fly out the door.

Not sure what the conclusion is here but there you go.

One Cali listed on here I had my eye on for a little while.

Seller dropped the price by 20% last might , I nearly brought it this morning but had a bit of a mix up with seller.

Goes to show, pricing well will see Cali’s fly out the door.

Not sure what the conclusion is here but there you go.

20% is quite a big drop. They can’t have had much interest to drop it by so much…?

I was reading a post on Pistonheads this morning. One guy reported having issues moving on his Taycan 4S. None of the Porsche dealers interested as they have a lot of Taycan stock and apparently WBAC only offered him £25k for a two year old car. Said it would be the biggest loss he’d ever had on a vehicle…:oops:

20% is quite a big drop. They can’t have had much interest to drop it by so much…?

I was reading a post on Pistonheads this morning. One guy reported having issues moving on his Taycan 4S. None of the Porsche dealers interested as they have a lot of Taycan stock and apparently WBAC only offered him £25k for a two year old car. Said it would be the biggest loss he’d ever had on a vehicle…:oops:

The second hand EV market has been decimated, at least 20% drop literally overnight. We Buy Any Car just don’t want them, hence their offer prices.

I’ve had a few EV’s now, I managed to sell one just before the massive drop, brought another one on the way down, but didn’t time that perfectly.

Owning an EV for me has kinda killed my love for California’s and all ICE cars, it just all feels so old now sad to say. However no practical EV camper yet so Cali still the best option here for us.

The massive drop in EV prices overnight are definitely what is making me hesitant to purchase a used Cali, the used Cali market doesn’t seem sustainable but as I’ve stated but the market here is proving me wrong :)

Last edited:

Offer him £25,500 ;)

Quite a damning article in The Telegraph on Saturday on the subject of ‘green’ energy and the escalating demand for rare earth minerals needed for EV’s, Wind Turbines, etc. Unregulated mining and associated pollution must be addressed globally in tandem with the switch to green technologies to avoid future ecological disasters.

To be honest are the Green lobby, Kahn and the EV fan boys really interested in the consequences of their dash for Green Energy and Climate Change?
None look at the bigger picture, and the consequences will be far, far greater than Dieselgate.

Offer him £25,500 ;)

He’s had quite a few offers around that figure :Grin

I’m pretty much sure, I’m gonna join the Tesla group. Less than £40k for a Model 3 and £46k for the Y.
The Y works out £20k less than a buzz, has better options as standard, travels further, longer warranty and has the Supercharger network.

Volkswagen make life to hard, still no confirmed build date, possibly week 21. But the price of the thing is what’s putting me off.

He’s had quite a few offers around that figure :Grin

I’m pretty much sure, I’m gonna join the Tesla group. Less than £40k for a Model 3 and £46k for the Y.
The Y works out £20k less than a buzz, has better options as standard, travels further, longer warranty and has the Supercharger network.

Volkswagen make life to hard, still no confirmed build date, possibly week 21. But the price of the thing is what’s putting me off.

Not to turn this into an EV thread as there’s one of those already but I’ve owned the Model 3 & the Model Y. The 3 is the best car I’ve owned by a mile, the Y the second (3 is a better drive, Y is more practical).

With the price drop there’s nothing else that comes close especially as you state with the Supercharger network.

Non Tesla chargers are an absolute minefield, sparse, busy and unreliable.

Shame as I love the look of the ID Buzz and had a reservation but pricing is crazy.

Last edited:

Model 3 LR, now 14,000 miles in on a 4 year lease...Standard spec is excellent, super smooth drive, no mechanical issues, no issues with charging to date (despite the headlines). Compliments our 11 year old Cali well.

(You can spend the £20k saving v a Buzz on solar panels + home battery and still have change in your pocket...save on your home energy bills at the same time.).

Not to turn this into an EV thread as there’s one of those already but I’ve owned the Model 3 & the Model Y. The 3 is the best car I’ve owned by a mile, the Y the second (3 is a better drive, Y is more practical).

With the price drop there’s nothing else that comes close especially as you state with the Supercharger network.

Non Tesla chargers are an absolute minefield, sparse, busy and unreliable.

Shame as I love the look of the ID Buzz and had a reservation but pricing is crazy.
It is probably worth pointing out that many Tesla Supercharger locations are now open to non Teslas.

It is probably worth pointing out that many Tesla Supercharger locations are now open to non Teslas.

15 of the 158 Tesla Superchargers are open to non Teslas.

These are the less busy charge locations.

Second hand prices of Calis has to drop. So many on the used vans here trying for far too much £££. I know what others have said about “if you can afford it then its not too much” but I disagree. After having two Calis which were sold for different reasons at the time I wanted another, but due to crazy over pricing ive gone with a Wellhouse Ford Misano. It might not have a VW badge but for the thousands of £££ less for same year and better spec I am fine with that.

Second hand prices of Calis has to drop. So many on the used vans here trying for far too much £££. I know what others have said about “if you can afford it then its not too much” but I disagree. After having two Calis which were sold for different reasons at the time I wanted another, but due to crazy over pricing ive gone with a Wellhouse Ford Misano. It might not have a VW badge but for the thousands of £££ less for same year and better spec I am fine with that.
Wellhouse look to be a pretty good option.

Looks great. Like the blinds, hot water and lithium battery. Not as keen on the table setup, or toilet in the cutlery cupboard (but that’s me being irrational).
Are the beds comfortable?

Looks great. Like the blinds, hot water and lithium battery. Not as keen on the table setup, or toilet in the cutlery cupboard (but that’s me being irrational).
Are the beds comfortable?
The downstairs bed is comfy and much easier to setup than the Cali. I almost always sleep upstairs though. Very comfy, but I wouldn’t say more so than the Cali. Roof is manual lift, thought id miss the Cali roof raise but its all very easy and in some ways can be less hassle.

I definitely preferred the table setup in the Cali. Toilet in the cupboard thing is optional, but I quite like it stored away when I need to take one along with me.

Little surprised the xenon headlights and acc are not std on these, not bad price at as an options. I nearly bought a hitop one when looking for a van, swayed by the some of the early custom issues (injector failure, poor theft protection, build quality and residual values) which mostly seem resolved since.
I do wonder why the cali never had those neat cab blinds, if welhouse can source then then surely VW could.

The Cali has some options / setup especially in the CAB that I think is better than the Transit. Overall though I actually prefer my Misano, its also the LWB version so a bit more room. I dont have the new 4.1 Misano that is in the link above, I have had a look at one though and they look amazing, really well thought out. Saying that i like the newer Calis as well, just couldnt justify the extra cash lol

If it wasn’t for a financial type issue last year I would have still had my Cali, loved it and fully expected to get a new (to me) one once things were sorted out. As said though, unfortunately I just couldnt justify the sky high prices compared to the Ford. I also like the longer wheelbase (I have the LWB version), feels a lot roomier even although its not really a huge amount more.

I bought direct from Wellhouse, and was still a lot cheaper, plus they give a one year warranty which given my last Cali had quite a few issues after I got it seems good value to me.

I wouldn’t rule out a future Cali, however hoping to have my current Van for a long time

If it wasn’t for a financial type issue last year I would have still had my Cali, loved it and fully expected to get a new (to me) one once things were sorted out. As said though, unfortunately I just couldnt justify the sky high prices compared to the Ford. I also like the longer wheelbase (I have the LWB version), feels a lot roomier even although its not really a huge amount more.

I bought direct from Wellhouse, and was still a lot cheaper, plus they give a one year warranty which given my last Cali had quite a few issues after I got it seems good value to me.

I wouldn’t rule out a future Cali, however hoping to have my current Van for a long time
That needs to go to the Cali Killer thread! It would be the closest Cali Killer ever!
Nice van indeed. I hope this competition from the Misano will push VW of swap 2 AGMs LBs with 1 Lithium and build a water heater in the saved space of the second AGM.

Back