Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ascot Grey

This post makes it very difficult for me now :D I now have a slight preference for ascot gray but my wife of cherry red (or white or even together: two tone red / white but with a color wrap). I really like the changing effect of ascot gray according to the incidence of light but even though I saw the color several times in real life (showroom, outside, sun on it, cloudy), it still couldn't convince me: sometimes just too pale gray ... (but like I said: other times really beautiful according to the light). Each his preference, of course.
We ordered a cherry red, also beautiful but I still have my doubts.

greetings

Just got back from the dealer and changed the colour of our ordered cherry red coast in to... ascot grey; Its just not white, not beige and not grey, but always one of those colours, appealed to me. For me it is also a color that looks retro and will look nice with shiny black accents and even with chrome. It was a difficult choice, but the die is cast: for us it has turned ascot grey.
+ Some pictures I just took: a beach inside the showroom by the window but under lights and a van outside in daylight and in the rain. The colour is because of the different hues it gets in different exposures, difficult to capture in a photo but you have an impression.
122068930_267041184637565_7992020768964428627_n.jpg122160618_697826631127390_7962771870709311109_n.jpg122317862_730572221003845_2110482012629804527_n.jpg122388983_352050916011000_5802365211093244816_n.jpg122407540_353785352550954_5974333603933543777_n.jpg
Greetings

Last edited:
Just got back from the dealer and changed the colour of our ordered cherry red coast in to... ascot grey; Its just not white, not beige and not grey, but always one of those colours, appealed to me. For me it is also a color that looks retro and will look nice with shiny black accents and even with chrome. It was a difficult choice, but the die is cast: for us it has turned ascot grey.
+ Some pictures I just took: a beach inside the showroom by the window but under lights and a van outside in daylight and in the rain. The colour is because of the different hues it gets in different exposures, difficult to capture in a photo but you have an impression.
View attachment 68099View attachment 68100View attachment 68101View attachment 68102View attachment 68103
Greetings
Thanks for posting. Its an understated colour that I think will become popular when people see it in reality, (especially to save £300 on Cocaine White!). My 11 year old thought it was the colour of ice cream, as it looked beigeish when we saw it in dull weather, as your bottom picture above suggests, but in brighter light it can look white or grey. We've ordered Ascot too...and I think I'm going to ceramic coat it when it arrives to make such a light colour easier to keep clean, and prevent flat colour fade.

Gives an idea of the apparent colour changing view of Ascot Grey

Thanks for posting. Its an understated colour that I think will become popular when people see it in reality, (especially to save £300 on Cocaine White!). My 11 year old thought it was the colour of ice cream, as it looked beigeish when we saw it in dull weather, as your bottom picture above suggests, but in brighter light it can look white or grey. We've ordered Ascot too...and I think I'm going to ceramic coat it when it arrives to make such a light colour easier to keep clean, and prevent flat colour fade.
Yes it reminds me of ice cream too! Seeing as my orders been put back until Week 11 I think I will change to this colour & possibly the 2 tone!!!

Sort of wish I’d gone for that rather than my white/bronze 2-tone.
Yours will be fab - I think we all change our mind about colours both before & after ordering,I know I have! - then of course there is always a next time for you to have that colour!!!

Saw this today in Preston vw car park, it looked great, a bit retro, like a smeg fridge, it’s the colour we are going to spec, love it

View attachment 68200
Indeed, as I said in my post: to me it also comes across as retro and for that I changed our color from - an also beautiful - cherry red to ascot grey. It also fits perfectly with shiny black and chrome (chrome -the edge at the bottom of the side, that is- which in my opinion does not fit with every color at all, but each has its own thoughts about it).
So, great choice ;)

Yours will be fab - I think we all change our mind about colours both before & after ordering,I know I have! - then of course there is always a next time for you to have that colour!!!
When we ordered our T6.1 (first California) had no colour samples to view only the online configurator which is not ideal. Did go to the NEC show where they had an Ascot Grey but in that light it looked beige. We went for two tone white & green (again not much choice) which we really like. Would like to see the Ascot Grey in the 'flesh' as such outside. For the money you pay think you should be able to at least view colour samples in a showroom. Like you say though will have a better idea and hopefully choice when the T.7 comes along (perhaps a hybrid)!

Nice colour, but the lower black plastic grill(s) spoil the look a bit. If this could be colour coded then it would look even better.

Nice colour, but the lower black plastic grill(s) spoil the look a bit. If this could be colour coded then it would look even better.
It's just what you like, I don't really like those bumpers painted in full color; prefer some black with it; a bit like in the old days ;)
For our ascot grey coast, we might have some black pieces sprayed in shiny black. The mirror caps will also turn shiny black.

It's just what you like, I don't really like those bumpers painted in full color; prefer some black with it; a bit like in the old days ;)
For our ascot grey coast, we might have some black pieces sprayed in shiny black. The mirror caps will also turn shiny black.
Sounds good, and nice that the black awning is free. The dealer joked that if we wanted to pay to change it to silver he wouldn’t allow it!
I went Woodstock wheels got the black on them too (a no cost option, but those wheels are worth more than the other no cost options...look what they charge for them on a Coast).
Now on the lookout for a black bike rack...

Sounds good, and nice that the black awning is free. The dealer joked that if we wanted to pay to change it to silver he wouldn’t allow it!
I went Woodstock wheels got the black on them too (a no cost option, but those wheels are worth more than the other no cost options...look what they charge for them on a Coast).
Now on the lookout for a black bike rack...
that will look beautiful! We have not ordered an awning (not missed on our T4 westfalia in 8 years, so not necessary for us) but if we wanted one, it would be black. We stick to 17 inch steel rims for the time being. bicycle rack silver colored but black would also look nice.

that will look beautiful! We have not ordered an awning (not missed on our T4 westfalia in 8 years, so not necessary for us) but if we wanted one, it would be black. We stick to 17 inch steel rims for the time being. bicycle rack silver colored but black would also look nice.
I thought the awning was standard on 6.1?

I thought the awning was standard on 6.1?
sorry just seen yours is a Coast, so maybe not

sorry just seen yours is a Coast, so maybe not
here with us, Belgium, neither the coast nor the ocean has these as standard (and I am happy with that).
We really wanted to start from 'base' and build it as we want it (clean, simple look with a few accents that make it all attractive). There must be a difference or we all drive the same ;)
Have fun waiting for your california, ours should be delivered in May 2021.
Greetings

here with us, Belgium, neither the coast nor the ocean has these as standard (and I am happy with that).
We really wanted to start from 'base' and build it as we want it (clean, simple look with a few accents that make it all attractive). There must be a difference or we all drive the same ;)
Have fun waiting for your california, ours should be delivered in May 2021.
Greetings
Nice, I see there are some different colours available across the pond too...but Ascot Grey’s the one

You should be able to change if it's not been locked down for production yet.

If you are thinking about Ascot Grey and you want any more photographs juts let me know. It does change colour depending how the light is which I quite like.
Hi, could I ask, have you added a chrome pack to your van? , I’m trying to work out what extra bits you get on the van with a chrome pack
Cheers

Hi, could I ask, have you added a chrome pack to your van? , I’m trying to work out what extra bits you get on the van with a chrome pack
Cheers
If I may answer:
Chrome package, (in Belgium only on the ocean)
413,82 € tax incl. VAT,
-Grille protector, painted black, with three chrome frames; further chrome trim on the lower grille protector
-Fog lights with static cornering lights
-B-pillars in glossy black
-Chrome strips on the sides, tailgate and front air intake. Chrome turn signals

I do not have this package added because we ordered a coast.
Greetings

Last edited:
Cheers
No, we don't have the chrome pack.