Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Autowatch ghost on a 6.1

M

Moon Madness

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Has anyone had one fitted in a California Ocean 6.1 and can recommend it? I was seriously considering it when my vehicle arrives. I thought what better way to find out than opinions from the good folk of the forums!

I’m getting one fitted when my cali arrives, hopefully next week :)

I have the Autowatch Ghost 2 installed by Lee at JATE Automotive. Registered installer.
Fantastic service.
I messed up one Saturday night and it wouldn’t start.
He was going to come out and investigate on a Saturday night at 9 pm !
Absolute legend !

Had a Ghost on my MoHo will be fitting one on my van when it gets here.

R u getting these instead or to compliment tracker

R u getting these instead or to compliment tracker
Not getting a tracker at the moment, I am getting the discover Pro media which shows the vehicles parked location on the Weconnect app, not a live tracker but if it goes it does offer a locator when stopped and ignition off. But it shouldn't go with a ghost unless it is put on a low loader?

Just bumping this thread back up to the top as I would like to get one installed on our 6.1.

Anyone had one installed on a 6.1? All good?

I am in south Hertfordshire. Checked Hazzy Dayz website but they are quoting £425 PLUS VAT which seems a bit steep - I thought £400-450 was the going rate. Any other installer recommendations for this area please? Thanks in advance.

Just bumping this thread back up to the top as I would like to get one installed on our 6.1.

I am in south Hertfordshire. Checked Hazzy Dayz website but they are quoting £425 PLUS VAT which seems a bit steep - I thought £400-450 was the going rate. Any other installer recommendations for this area please? Thanks in advance.
Try Autoelec Glos.

@subthree Like @Loz days.
try Autoelec Glocs.
Or
Get in touch with the people at Autowatch. https://www.autowatch.co.uk/

They will more than likely put you in touch with
Webb electronics.
Only a handful of installers in UK, so the tech doesn’t get into the wrong hands and you have a bad install.
I’ve had mine fitted for 3 months and it’s worked impeccably.
Ghost II

When I had mine fitted everywhere I looked charged the same price as everybody else. It may be set by the manufacturer?

Any idea what having one fitted does to your insurance premium?

Any idea what having one fitted does to your insurance premium?
When I had mine fitted insurance companies did not recognise it. According to the Autowatch website it is now TASSA certified, whatever that is, so insurance companies probably still won’t recognise it.

Thanks
Any thoughts on the best single investment to bring your premiums down very welcome.

Thanks
Any thoughts on the best single investment to bring your premiums down very welcome.
Premiums down? I can't believe how low our annual premium is, £230 fully comp with Comfort. For me this is purely about trying to reduce the chance of it disappearing. My wife's little A3 costs more per year! She has no points or accidents - other than marrying me!

Premiums down? I can't believe how low our annual premium is, £230 fully comp with Comfort. For me this is purely about trying to reduce the chance of it disappearing. My wife's little A3 costs more per year! She has no points or accidents - other than marrying me!
Amazing. We were quoted c£700 by Comfort, but haven’t owned a vehicle for 17 years so have no no-claims bonus.

Ghost now fitted on my new t6.1 Very simple process down in Fareham done by Inti at Dragon car alarms. Excellent service Set price £449 inc You have to think before you start your van ! I knew insurance companies were not listing this device as a reason to give a premium discount but for me it was more a way of preventing the van from going anywhere without me.

I will get mine fitted January, quoted price £449 for the Ghost 2 which i see has an option to use bluetooth and your phone as the key input, your phone in the vehicle negates the need to input your PIN when set up, not too sure I will activate that. See what it is like though.

I will get mine fitted January, quoted price £449 for the Ghost 2 which i see has an option to use bluetooth and your phone as the key input, your phone in the vehicle negates the need to input your PIN when set up, not too sure I will activate that. See what it is like though.
I too will not use the Bluetooth connection it’s a weak point and can be copied / scanned. 4 to 20 button press seems strong enough for me.

I too will not use the Bluetooth connection it’s a weak point and can be copied / scanned. 4 to 20 button press seems strong enough for me.
Thinking the same, they will still need the ignition key I suspect?