Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bad People at the Washing Up Area - What winds you up?

Winter camping I had a morning in Spain when I stepped into the newly vacated shower to find that the previous bloke had washed the mud off his shoes in the shower tray before leaving.
There was no argument as he was disappearing through the door but i was able to entertain/educate the multinational waiting queue with some British profanities in his direction.

Excellent!

These Europeans need better manners, and know that Europe belongs to us even though we do not want to be part of it.

When will they get it!

Oh dear, it is such a pity
I have been forced into another ditty .....

This thread started with the kitchen sink
and ended with a political stink
Quite how that happened I do not know
but hopefully analysis will soon show...

It started with Pasta, setting like glue
but quickly went on to types of poo.
Human's, then dogs, the whole mammal chain
was soon getting blamed for the blocked up drain.

Then others, in quite a rush
debated people who refused to flush.
Then we had dog hair in underpants
before moving on to other rants.

Noise, booze, kites and drones
became the subject of other moans,
Then lights raised their ugly head,
before we talked Balls, and I do mean Ed

Then a sharp discussion on a nasty smell
and into the pit of politics we fell
Of a conference, how dare I speak!
It was supposed to be tongue in cheek!

A light-hearted retort was next seen
causing another to vent their spleen!
However, vented spleen was soon diverted,
to another thread! Disaster averted!

So back to topic, what upsets you most?
When living with the camping host,
back to balls, smells and messy loo's
and worst of all, running out of booze

The last last four words are my worst nightmare. A Vw California poet laureate in our midst?

We stayed on a campsite in Wales and were put on a pitch next to a large caravan, clearly not big enough for them as they had a small pup tent pitched next to it. All was well until they went to bed and put a small child to sleep in the tent. The child was unhappy, very unhappy, and initially cried loudly to be let back in to the van, this continued for some time but as the night grew darker and colder the sobbing became more fearful and guarded. By 2AM my sympathy for the child had disappeared and turned to homicidal feelings toward the parents as I finally drifted off to sleep. Next morning the child was still whimpering softly when I awoke at 7.

We stayed on a campsite in Wales and were put on a pitch next to a large caravan, clearly not big enough for them as they had a small pup tent pitched next to it. All was well until they went to bed and put a small child to sleep in the tent. The child was unhappy, very unhappy, and initially cried loudly to be let back in to the van, this continued for some time but as the night grew darker and colder the sobbing became more fearful and guarded. By 2AM my sympathy for the child had disappeared and turned to homicidal feelings toward the parents as I finally drifted off to sleep. Next morning the child was still whimpering softly when I awoke at 7.

That is really awful.
Think I would have had to report it to someone. Poor child and what ghastly parents.
Makes you wonder how they behave at home.

Excellent!

These Europeans need better manners, and know that Europe belongs to us even though we do not want to be part of it.

When will they get it!
The assembled queue was not just people from Europe.
I call it more than bad manners having to wait for a long time on a cold morning for a shower only to find someone's boot scrapings in it.

This has been a good-natured thread. Can we please leave angst and personal swipes at other members back in the thread where it originates from please.

Or indeed rolling moss doesn't collect stones :shocked

He who wears his shoes out has no soul :shocked

Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes.
That way you are a mile away and have a free pair of shoes.

Another bad night at a UK campsite!

Last night our neighbours decided to set up two event shelters on their pitch which I thought was a bit ominous, then within the next two hours 4-5 cars arrived and they decided to have a BBQ and party about 7m away from my van. This went on till 2am. I realise I could of gone and found the warden but would this of made me look like a party pooper as it would of been obvious it was me that grassed them up. Also we could not move and we were all pitched up with nice river view pitch that we paid extra for.

Why would anyone think this is OK? Why did they not come over to me and at least warn me or apologise ?

Sympathy. It happens far too often on UK campsites and I'm definitely not in favour of the other extreme of uber-regimented campsites. Sounding like an old bore but it does astonish me that people can think it OK to do that sort of thing... the principle surely is do what you like as long as it doesn't adversely affect others.
Camping once in the Lakes, a big impromptu football match got going next to our little mountain tent which several times got slammed into by the fairly heavy ball. Not on really.
Seems to me lots of people don't like camping... just the cheap accommodation. Was this a club site or commercial? Tend to avoid the latter these days with the CL/CS 5-van sites of the clubs often being the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night our neighbours decided to set up two event shelters on their pitch which I thought was a bit ominous, then within the next two hours 4-5 cars arrived and they decided to have a BBQ and party about 7m away from my van. This went on till 2am. I realise I could of gone and found the warden but would this of made me look like a party pooper as it would of been obvious it was me that grassed them up. Also we could not move and we were all pitched up with nice river view pitch that we paid extra for.

Why would anyone think this is OK? Why did they not come over to me and at least warn me or apologise ?
An invite would have been better.

It wasn't your job to go get the warden, the warden should have been well aware this was going on and shut it down before it got anywhere near 2am. I presume the site had some noise rules? If sites have rules they must implement them or what is the point?

A lot of the campsites in Spain, forbid barbrcues outside designated areas. Also there are curfews for music and loud noises etc. The worst thing have witnessed was a french woman bathing a filthy rat dog in the sinks reserved for washing up. She never batted an eyelid when one of the staff pointed out the error of her ways.

Unacceptable.
I hope you leave a review so others can read how rule-breaking is tolerated.

Had a not dissimilar experience on Friday night at Woodyhyde Campsite near Dorset. Large group with extra cars arriving and lots of noise until 2am. Lots of signs about noise and open fires, neither enforced. Won't return.

After being very sceptical at the beginning of Cali ownership, I'm now a big fan of club sites

Another useless piece of information

In 1760 King Georges 35th Regiment of Foot ( Royal Sussex Regiment ) where issued with a very posh looking uniform , They wore a long shirt , during the day it was wrapped round your bottom to keep the course fabric from rubbing your bottom and making it itch , and night time they removed there breaches and let the long shirt hang down to your ankles then the word night shirt was invented

4 Buttons on the front of your Breeches took car of daily number ones and to do a number two you needed to completely undress and was considered a once a day activity when someone told you to do
The night shirt kept you modest

If people do things as listed above think if you lived next door to them but the fact remains Hygiene and heath and safety still apply at home and rest of EC

I think I was a bit annoying today at Ffestiniog C&M site. Dropped coffee on my bench seat (amazing resistance to stain) so had to clean up properly and was 20 mins late off pitch. Poor man in large motor home was waiting. Was very patient

love the bit at the beginning of this thread that says 'well you have to put up with people's habits or stay at home' dunno about you but shitting in the shower is not a habit at my house

as for what annoys me. 6.30 am. screaming kids. yapping whining dogs . lack of respect to anyone around that might still be asleep while they scream and shout. then they moan if I put my radio on at 10pm.

Last edited:
If you can't take a dump in the toilet block where do you suggest people go?
Presumably your excrement gives of no odour.
Grow up.
mine smells of lavender

Back