Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach in Indium Grey

was it the sneaky button underneath the wiper stalk?

I hadn't even got into the MFD!

I had to press and HOLD the end button and then easily found it within the menu!!

I've had so many Volkswagens, I should of known better!

The 16s are nice but I just prefer the style of the 17" and I think the larger wheel helps the overall look of the van. To me the original wheels just look too small. I thought about ordering them from the factory but the uplift cost is ridiculous.
Well, I've just won a set of unused 17" Cascavel wheels and tyres on eBay! £600 and they're local.

In for a penny!!

Incidentally, there's a set of unused Devonports (standard Ocean wheels) on there that will likely be a bargain for someone who fancies going bigger:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/281969797311

Last edited:
Well, I've just won a set of unused 17" Cascavel wheels and tyres on eBay! £600 and they're local.

In for a penny!!

Incidentally, there's a set of unused Devonports (standard Ocean wheels) on there that will likely be a bargain for someone who fancies going bigger:

Nice one! You won't regret buying them!

Popped out in ours again tonight for a takeaway.. Loved it!

image.png

Last edited:
Picked up the wheels this afternoon; they're perfect - and MASSIVE!

Really surprised by just how big they actually are. Held them against my Audi's 20" wheels (with admittedly quite low profile tyres) and the Cali wheels have a bigger overall diameter!

The picture is a little out of scale, as the VW wheels are in the foreground, but you get the gist.The tyres have still got the blue stripes around them so they're pretty much unused.

IMG_7343.jpg

Incidentally, those Devonports are still at around £300 on eBay with less than a day to go. You couldn't buy the tyres for that little, never mind the wheels.

Really surprised by just how big they actually are. Held them against my Audi's 20" wheels (with admittedly quite low profile tyres) and the Cali wheels have a bigger overall diameter!

The picture is a little out of scale, as the VW wheels are in the foreground, but you get the gist.The tyres have still got the blue stripes around them so they're pretty much unused.

View attachment 12769

Incidentally, those Devonports are still at around £300 on eBay with less than a day to go. You couldn't buy the tyres for that little, never mind the wheels.
I felt the same way when my devonports turned up! MASSIVE!
I think you'll love the way the 17's look. 16's are nice. 17's just seem to fit the vans proportions better to my eye.
I think when I need new tyres at somepoint in the future I'll just buy a new set of alloys and then sell my old alloys with used tyres on. Probably cheaper than replacing tyres!

View attachment 12769

looks like a great buy there @Rhyddin nice one.

In for a penny!!

By the way, was the person you bought the wheels of a local dealer/garage or just a bod?
Do they sell more?

By the way, was the person you bought the wheels of a local dealer/garage or just a bod?
Do they sell more?
Just a really nice bloke who'd bought a T6 transporter and immediately swapped the wheels out for bigger black ones to match the van. Just like you (and I), he got the dealers to swap them out, so they never left the dealers.

We chatted about the T6 for about half an hour. He loves his!

Just a bloke who'd bought a T6 transporter and immediately swapped the wheels out for bigger black ones to match the van. Just like you (and I), he got the dealers to swap them out, so they never left the dealers.
Nice. So did Guy hook that deal up?

No, just searched on eBay every day and they came up. There's more T6s arriving every day and so more wheels keep popping up! It's great!
Good work.
It's the benefit of having a rare vehicle based on a common van that has lots of easy to find spares and parts.

Good work.
It's the benefit of having a rare vehicle based on a common van that has lots of easy to find spares and parts.
I'm also hoping that that will be the key to selling my 16" wheels - target the T6 multivan people who are getting steel wheels as standard and fancy upgrading to alloys. Who did you sell yours to?

I'm also hoping that that will be the key to selling my 16" wheels - target the T6 multivan people who are getting steel wheels as standard and fancy upgrading to alloys. Who did you sell yours to?
Forum member. :)
Just shoved them on the for sale bit and after about a month had a query. He was a lovely guy with an older t5 that needed new 16" tyres so decided to go new. Worth a shot for you I reckon.

Don't advertise yours on here yet!! Let me sell mine first!
I'll be sticking mine on eBay next week..

View attachment 12769

I thought exactly the same thing when mine turned up! Massive!

I love my 17" and I'm glad I added the side bars too for £100.

Just realised that my accessory list is now up to:

17" wheels
Cali topper
Thermal windscreen cover
The bungee thingy
A club sticker
Brandrup carpets being shipped from Germany next week (apparently)
Spare Safe (in transit as I type)
and a portable stove, just incase

And I've not even received the van yet!! ;)

If we didn't already own a caravan, and all the applicable accessories that go with that, there'd probably be more by now. I clearly need delivery soon!

Love the idium grey. I have the t5 grey with the dakar alloys and soon to fit a bike rack. Did you include parking heater?
Only had Dora 6 months, just couldn't stretch to buying new. I'm sure you will have a great Summer in her..

Love the idium grey. I have the t5 grey with the dakar alloys and soon to fit a bike rack. Did you include parking heater?
Only had Dora 6 months, just couldn't stretch to buying new. I'm sure you will have a great Summer in her..

Hello Kano,

No it hasn't got a heater, went to add it the day after it went confirmed! Not too worried though as its will be mainly just be used as the family bus!

I initially wanted to keep it as cheap as possible to minimise depreciation but with endless options list it's very easy to get the options up to the price of a VW Up!

My Starting Spec was:
150 Man
White
7 Seats

What I ordered:
150 DSG
Met
7 seats
Comfort Dash with 3 zone climate
6" media
App Connect
USB Connection
Black Awning
Heated Seats
Heated Washers
Power Latch side door
Power Latch rear door
Rear Camera
Comfort Interior Lighting
Torch

Added 17" Devonports.

Wish I'd added the fog lights to the order to finish off the front.

Its slightly disappointing that the standard spec doesn't include front and rear sensors, steering wheel controls and cruise control. All things that are standard on most VW's nowadays.

This all started with a mate lending me his Transporter Sportline Kombi when we went to Cornwall last year. Having 3 kids, we threw all the kids scooters, a couple of the kids bikes, the tent and all our luggage in the back and off we went.. No packing, just threw it in! Me and kids loved it so when we got back I started looking, and if they had put the 204hp engine in the T6 Transporter Kombi, I probably would of ordered one of them but I didn't want to buy a new T6 with the old Euro 5 engines that will be soon be replaced.

How are you finding yours after 6 months of ownership?

Hello Kano,

No it hasn't got a heater, went to add it the day after it went confirmed! Not too worried though as its will be mainly just be used as the family bus!

I initially wanted to keep it as cheap as possible to minimise depreciation but with endless options list it's very easy to get the options up to the price of a VW Up!

My Starting Spec was:
150 Man
White
7 Seats

What I ordered:
150 DSG
Met
7 seats
Comfort Dash with 3 zone climate
6" media
App Connect
USB Connection
Black Awning
Heated Seats
Heated Washers
Power Latch side door
Power Latch rear door
Rear Camera
Comfort Interior Lighting
Torch

Added 17" Devonports.

Wish I'd added the fog lights to the order to finish off the front.

Its slightly disappointing that the standard spec doesn't include front and rear sensors, steering wheel controls and cruise control. All things that are standard on most VW's nowadays.

This all started with a mate lending me his Transporter Sportline Kombi when we went to Cornwall last year. Having 3 kids, we threw all the kids scooters, a couple of the kids bikes, the tent and all our luggage in the back and off we went.. No packing, just threw it in! Me and kids loved it so when we got back I started looking, and if they had put the 204hp engine in the T6 Transporter Kombi, I probably would of ordered one of them but I didn't want to buy a new T6 with the old Euro 5 engines that will be soon be replaced.

How are you finding yours after 6 months of ownership?
Hi...

I've always wanted a camper van and like you have a young family. My wife wanted an extention but after a friend lent us his VW for a weekend last August, we realised the family fun and memories in a Cali

Hi..
Like you I have a young family and after borrowing a VW last Summer my wife agreed the family fun/ memories outweighed the need for an extension, though she has starting mentioning the extension again as we approach warmer weather!

I was looking at buying a new beach but my spec became too expensive so started looking at t5's. I think I paid a little over for Dora, Automatic 2013/14beach. I have put up some pics in earlier post, take a look. She has front fogs and daytime running lights. Also looking to fix a bike rack and had thoughts about a parking heater but the latter is expensive.

So far I've been up and down to Cornwall from Surrey a few times and a trip to Dublin, never skipped a beat. I use her as my everyday vehicle and love the room and drive position.

Loads of trips planned including two weeks in Spain during August.

Okay enjoy and I'll look out for updates..

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed I half posted a reply. Was taken away mid post with Daddy duties and not sure what happened there!:mad:;)

Took the T6 to Legoland yesterday as the family bus. 3 adults and 4 kids. Really went well.

Also spent a couple of evenings getting a takeaway and eating it in the van down the beach.

Really love it so far!

Took the T6 to Legoland yesterday as the family bus. 3 adults and 4 kids. Really went well.

Also spent a couple of evenings getting a takeaway and eating it in the van down the beach.

Really love it so far!
Have you still got your spare wheel?
Lego Land has a reputation regarding VW van spare wheels.