Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach in Indium Grey

looks great, love seeing Indium grey vans arrive! which side bars did you go for @2haw, were they easy enough to fit?

looks great, love seeing Indium grey vans arrive! which side bars did you go for @2haw, were they easy enough to fit?

Cobocali,

I bought these original style bars from eBay and I'm really pleased with how they look, really easy to fit, took about an hour each side.

image.png

Why did you swap out the original wheels? I'm planning on keeping mine but I'm interested to know why you didn't.

Why did you swap out the original wheels? I'm planning on keeping mine but I'm interested to know why you didn't.
The 16s are nice but I just prefer the style of the 17" and I think the larger wheel helps the overall look of the van. To me the original wheels just look too small. I thought about ordering them from the factory but the uplift cost is ridiculous.

The 16s are nice but I just prefer the style of the 17" and I think the larger wheel helps the overall look of the van. To me the original wheels just look too small. I thought about ordering them from the factory but the uplift cost is ridiculous.
i did exactly the same for the same reasons.

How much did you buy your 17's for?
Whatever the selling and buying it's way cheaper than speccing from VW isn't it?
Way cheaper! I paid £585 posted. Saved about £300 already and I've now got a spare set of wheels!

Did you have to recalibrate the tyre pressure monitoring system? Mine has triggered a warning light and I can't figure out how to reset it? It was a easy job resetting it on our Touran.

Way cheaper! I paid £585 posted. Saved about £300 already and I've now got a spare set of wheels!

Did you have to recalibrate the tyre pressure monitoring system? Mine has triggered a warning light and I can't figure out how to reset it? It was a easy job resetting it on our Touran.
I got the dealer to put the 17's on before I picked it up so not sure what they had to do. Do all Cali's have the tyre pressure thing?
Great price! Where from?

Tyre reset is easily done, but check the pressures first, just in case.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/boats-n-bits.11110/#post-105562
Halfway down the page. I doubt if they have changed it for the T6.
The reset is on the Dashboard MFD menu.

Nice van, get yourself seat covers ASAP! I also have kids and went for the Leather and Alcantara light grey option.

I have been paying attention to the prices of 17" on eBay - there's always 'delivery miles' wheels and tyres. Got to admit, if I could get £550 for my 16"s then it's only £50 difference to put the Ocean wheels on it. Mmmmm

Sorry been out all day, football and van driving!

I just bid for them on eBay and won them at £551 + delivery. Bargain! I was well happy!

I'm really really pleased I changed them. Although only slightly different, feel that they have transformed the look.

I still can't figure out the TPM reset. I've never had such a basic VW display and I've owned about 15 of them. I haven't got the multi function SW and have only got a basic selection of information on the central display. Looking in the manual, it says I should have a button in the glove box but all I have is a space for the button but I do have another blanking plate.

There should be a "Set" button somewhere, as I believe all vehicles have to have a TPMS system nowadays. What about above the Indicator stalk , on the Dash below the Rev Counter?

There should be a "Set" button somewhere, as I believe all vehicles have to have a TPMS system nowadays. What about above the Indicator stalk , on the Dash below the Rev Counter?

I have got a small button in the corner under the speedo that says SET but I couldn't get it to do anything for the Tyre Pressure system.

Daveyboydanger, do you have a SET button in the glovebox or a settings menu on the central display?

I have got a small button in the corner under the speedo that says SET but I couldn't get it to do anything for the Tyre Pressure system.

Daveyboydanger, do you have a SET button in the glovebox or a settings menu on the central display?

I've done it! I have got MFD but just couldn't figure out how to access it without the steering wheel controls! Sorted. Thanks all

Last edited:
I've done it! I have got MFD but just couldn't figure out how to access it without the steering wheel controls! Sorted. Thanks all
was it the sneaky button underneath the wiper stalk?