Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bigger vans

Thanks for that reply we will be keeping it longer than two years for sure and you are right it will come when it comes it's still the best van for us two, I just hope Wesfalia don't close the whole of August as the chap at the dealer didn't tell us that! As much as I looked at a Grand Cali I just can't deal with that hideous lump on the roof it's just plan ugly, I know what you are saying re the £5k vs £2k deposit but that dealer is about 50 minutes drive from home so I thought it would be better dealing with the dealer closest to me.
It’s normal factory shut downs since I’ve been a westy fan 8yrs of dreaming and owning them!

My fav Sven is Rasp (forum member) has a stunning orange one, indium looks fab too so a little jealous.

It’s normal factory shut downs since I’ve been a westy fan 8yrs of dreaming and owning them!

My fav Sven is Rasp (forum member) has a stunning orange one, indium looks fab too so a little jealous.
My favourite colour is orange so I bet that looks stunning but we think it will look great in Indium grey as well :)

Thanks for that reply we will be keeping it longer than two years for sure and you are right it will come when it comes it's still the best van for us two, I just hope Wesfalia don't close the whole of August as the chap at the dealer didn't tell us that! As much as I looked at a Grand Cali I just can't deal with that hideous lump on the roof it's just plan ugly
The GC had a lot going for it too, but it was just the clinical interior. When I traded in my Cali the dealer told me they call it the hospital
My favourite colour is orange so I bet that looks stunning but we think it will look great in Indium grey as well :)
I'd have rather had the grey myself but it was Black or Black when I was given the choice!

My Cali was the same colour and it looked great, also it doesn't show the dirt too much which is another added bonus

Was it really the YouTuber that put you off the Sven :bananadance2
Really would love a Sven, Will & Sarah do a good job, but, wish they would lay off the beer everytime they do a Vlog thou, slightly grinds my gears.
Also when they have a stage, they don’t respond to many good questions, that they could easily answer.
When they do answer it’s like a a PM’s answer, a bit wishy washy and to specific questions. In a long comments section.
If you going to run a YouTube channel, they need to respond to every question.
Not just picking and choosing.
They are trying and I’ll give them 6 out of 10, needs improvement.

Into the Sven, ticks all my boxes.
But I’m not gona shift the Cali for what I need to get my deposit back.
So it’s out the picture at the moment.
Also, I realise, if I do sell the Cali, I’ll miss it terribly, exactly how I missed the white n bronze Cali I had in MY20.
The 4M MY23 is perfect.
Also understand if I sell it, I’d never get the spec exactly how I have it now.
So I need to put the head down, get it paid off over the next 3 years and keep it.
So, it’ll be like a day van, or my day to day tool.
Then when the Westfalia James Cook comes out, which is sprinter based 4x4, which is on another level to the MAN Sven, maybe, not sure will have to see.
But think long term will be
Saab
Cali 4M
Sven or James Cook RHD MY26 (or might even go Hymer Venture if win the lottery ;)
(Or a Merc based Hymer, A or B class, staying under 6.8m and 2.2 wide)
Defender. D250 7 seater.

Really would love a Sven, Will & Sarah do a good job, but, wish they would lay off the beer everytime they do a Vlog thou, slightly grinds my gears.
Also when they have a stage, they don’t respond to many good questions, that they could easily answer.
When they do answer it’s like a a PM’s answer, a bit wishy washy and to specific questions. In a long comments section.

Never ever buy a vehicle based on YouTubers reviews.

I take every single one of them with a pinch of salt.
They can’t give honest reviews of anything. If they do, it’s the end of the gravy train.

They’re right up there with Estate Agents…

Can’t watch them tried but it’s awful sorry.
Like the Sven, so was keen to give it a go.
Plus don’t mind calicampingfamily YouTube as like the nugget.

The GC had a lot going for it too, but it was just the clinical interior. When I traded in my Cali the dealer told me they call it the hospital

I'd have rather had the grey myself but it was Black or Black when I was given the choice!

My Cali was the same colour and it looked great, also it doesn't show the dirt too much which is another added bonus
Hey mate we went to look at the Sven at Wandahome and someone was collecting one it was black with 17" wheels with all terrain tyres on it WOW it looked totally awesome it had such presence you will be fine with it :)

Into the Sven, ticks all my boxes.
But I’m not gona shift the Cali for what I need to get my deposit back.
So it’s out the picture at the moment.
Also, I realise, if I do sell the Cali, I’ll miss it terribly, exactly how I missed the white n bronze Cali I had in MY20.
The 4M MY23 is perfect.
Also understand if I sell it, I’d never get the spec exactly how I have it now.
So I need to put the head down, get it paid off over the next 3 years and keep it.
So, it’ll be like a day van, or my day to day tool.
Then when the Westfalia James Cook comes out, which is sprinter based 4x4, which is on another level to the MAN Sven, maybe, not sure will have to see.
But think long term will be
Saab
Cali 4M
Sven or James Cook RHD MY26 (or might even go Hymer Venture if win the lottery ;)
(Or a Merc based Hymer, A or B class, staying under 6.8m and 2.2 wide)
Defender. D250 7 seater.
I must admit I am struggling watching their channel now I want some information on how they are getting on with the Sven but sadly they just bring out pretty dull videos at the moment.

They can’t give honest reviews of anything. If they do, it’s the end of the gravy train.

True that!
Never done it.
Always investigate it and research till the cows come home. Spreadsheets, notes and calculations are made and re read multiple times !

I must admit I am struggling watching their channel now I want some information on how they are getting on with the Sven but sadly they just bring out pretty dull videos at the moment.
Makes me think they might have made a mistake. But who knows, they won’t admit it online.
There’s a £220k Frankie 8m here at Trevedar farm.
It’s not camping, that’s bringing your house to the beach ha ha.

Makes me think they might have made a mistake. But who knows, they won’t admit it online.
There’s a £220k Frankie 8m here at Trevedar farm.
It’s not camping, that’s bringing your house to the beach ha ha.
There are plenty of great reviews on the Sven just google them, I have done plenty of research and decided it's right for us.

`I posted this very point on their last video, in fairness he did reply and said there is plenty on the way. Hopefully he follows through on his promise...
I don't mind their channel tbh, I think they do have integrity and I do trust their reviews (mostly) And I do believe their research and journey to the choice of the Sven. I'm pretty sure they bought it at the same cost as everyone else.
A Bus & Beyond is now at the opposite end of the scale, they are like QVC presenters pushing whatever crap they're paid to push, Hellofresh, Powerbanks, paid for counseling subscriptions the list goes on........

Black looks fab, just hard work to keep it like that. Would of gone black over that baby blue

There are plenty of great reviews on the Sven just google them, I have done plenty of research and decided it's right for us.
Yep, the Sven ticks all my boxes.
Apart from lack of 4Motion / 4WD.
And not for my current circumstances, as it wouldn’t get used enough to warrant having it.
Wish I was retired, and could use it every other week to go away in.
But no retirement for another 8 years.
But hopefully can save some more and invest to buy my dream!
Can’t wait to hear your updates and see the pics when you get yours :thumb

`I posted this very point on their last video, in fairness he did reply and said there is plenty on the way. Hopefully he follows through on his promise...
I don't mind their channel tbh, I think they do have integrity and I do trust their reviews (mostly) And I do believe their research and journey to the choice of the Sven. I'm pretty sure they bought it at the same cost as everyone else.
A Bus & Beyond is now at the opposite end of the scale, they are like QVC presenters pushing whatever crap they're paid to push, Hellofresh, Powerbanks, paid for counseling subscriptions the list goes on........
I am confident they didn't get a discount on the Sven as you just can't get one as they don't produce many, you need to haggle for other free bits like I did :)

Yep, the Sven ticks all my boxes.
Apart from lack of 4Motion / 4WD.
And not for my current circumstances, as it wouldn’t get used enough to warrant having it.
Wish I was retired, and could use it every other week to go away in.
But no retirement for another 8 years.
But hopefully can save some more and invest to buy my dream!
Can’t wait to hear your updates and see the pics when you get yours :thumb
I agree it doesn't suit your situation at the moment, I will certainly post pictured etc when I get it in a few months (hopefully)

Like you would go bigger, but not until retirement, hopefully only 6 years for me, when I would have the time to travel more and need that extra space. At the moment Cali suits us fine, particularly as my daily drive.

Agree there is far too much irrelevant product placement / sponsorship in You Tube videos put out by many different creators along with far too much alcohol consumptio.

I bought a California based on You Tube videos , was backup with lots of other research and spreadsheets, I do love a good spreadsheet

I am confident they didn't get a discount on the Sven as you just can't get one as they don't produce many, you need to haggle for other free bits like I did :)
I think you only get a discount (or could) on a new build order (may come back as times are changing too).
These Sven/jokers are orders placed by the dealers along time before they sell them, so the shorter wait time is like a discount.

Like when older dad's started wearing Superdry, look at them now :D
Spooky as I was thinking it’s like watching your dad’s homemade holiday videos from the 80s.
I’ve blocked the channel.
Very few I watch on YouTube but Eva zu beck, kinging it (funny as hell), and itchy boots are worth a view.

Spooky as I was thinking it’s like watching your dad’s homemade holiday videos from the 80s.
I’ve blocked the channel.
Very few I watch on YouTube but Eva zu beck, kinging it (funny as hell), and itchy boots are worth a view.
I will check them out.
I think a lot of them get boring as they just run out of content and end up upgrading vans constantly.

I will check them out.
I think a lot of them get boring as they just run out of content and end up upgrading vans constantly.
Eva great presenting was travelling around us in her imported Landy.
Kingingit Welsh couple in a big merc bus just funny as hell, now renovating cottage (sort of near me in Scotland). Even when they promote crap there funny ads!
Itchyboots Dutch lady travelling different parts (very remote) on a motorbike. No promoting/ads really.

Back