Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our grand California alternative

Hi tony did the Sven hold it's value well when you sold it?

Andy
Yes, I got what I wanted for it, but then it was during COVID and van prices were going up. I sold it because I couldn't go travelling, had we not had COVID I would have kept it.

However, you never see a 2nd hand Sven for sale, so presume that values will be strong.

Thanks I must admit I have never seen one for sale, we are trying to get one it still shocks me how much these vans are new now!

If I may mention resale of the Sven based on what I see here in Germany.
I had one on my watch list; it was an odd spec van that was from 2021. Dark Grey 140PS and manual transmission with halogen headlights. It had 50k km and was listed for 56k Euro, it sold in about 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quick question foe Sven owners how many 3 pin plug sockets are there I know there is one in the boot and one near the sink but is there a third socket?

Quick question foe Sven owners how many 3 pin plug sockets are there I know there is one in the boot and one near the sink but is there a third socket?
Yes, there is a third socket on the near side of the van to the side of the rear seats. There is a USB socket as well.

Yes, there is a third socket on the near side of the van to the side of the rear seats. There is a USB socket as well.
Brilliant thanks so much I think we are ordering one tomorrow :)
I can get a free solar panel or a Can Phantom immobiliser I just think the immobiliser might be better for insurance, do I need a tracker as well?

Tracker will depend on who you insure it with. Some companies will insist on one.

I have used Scorpiontrack on the last few vans.
Thanks I will have a look at that does it need to have an immobiliser on it as well? how much is the monthly fee for it, and one other question where do you hang your coats up in the Sven as when we looked at one yesterday we couldn't see any hanging space at all :) I would have sent you a private message but I can't see the option when I click on your name, sorry for all the questions :)

Andy

Thanks I will have a look at that does it need to have an immobiliser on it as well? how much is the monthly fee for it, and one other question where do you hang your coats up in the Sven as when we looked at one yesterday we couldn't see any hanging space at all :) I would have sent you a private message but I can't see the option when I click on your name, sorry for all the questions :)

Andy
I have an immobiliser and tracker, I paid £229 for 2 years subscription.

There are two coat hooks on the door pillars behind the front seats. I also have some Command self adhesive hooks in the wet room for hanging wet coats.

I have an immobiliser and tracker, I paid £229 for 2 years subscription.

There are two coat hooks on the door pillars behind the front seats. I also have some Command self adhesive hooks in the wet room for hanging wet coats.
Thanks so much

Can anyone tell me how much the yearly roadtax is on the Sven Hedin with the 177bhp engine, is there a penalty with it costing more than 40k like my Cali is as I pay £570 a year on ours!

Can anyone tell me how much the yearly roadtax is on the Sven Hedin with the 177bhp engine, is there a penalty with it costing more than 40k like my Cali is as I pay £570 a year on ours!
Motorhomes are exempt from the £40k limit.
Cant remember the exact amount it’s £280/325 around that price.

I don’t understand why anyone has a tracker fitted,

1 insurance requirement, find another, there is no discount for fitting one.
2 cost £300/£700 + subscription lifetime £300/£600
3 battery drainage
4 would you really want your pride and joy back.
5 it will be listed as stolen and recovered. Possibly harder to sell on.

there are a number of insurers that do not require a tracker.
anyway each to there own.

I don’t understand why anyone has a tracker fitted,

1 insurance requirement, find another, there is no discount for fitting one.
2 cost £300/£700 + subscription lifetime £300/£600
3 battery drainage
4 would you really want your pride and joy back.
5 it will be listed as stolen and recovered. Possibly harder to sell on.

there are a number of insurers that do not require a tracker.
anyway each to there own.
Hi there which insurers are they as we are in the process of ordering a Sven the dealer will fit the tracker free of charge but then there is that subscription cost which really bugs me so it would be good to get a quote from an insurer that doesn't require one, but will they be really expensive?

Throw an AirTag and a Samsung tag with their speakers removed in the van and call it a day.

Cheap, effective and bound to work.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Hi there which insurers are they as we are in the process of ordering a Sven the dealer will fit the tracker free of charge but then there is that subscription cost which really bugs me so it would be good to get a quote from an insurer that doesn't require one, but will they be really expensive?
Morning,
LV
Caravan & Motorhome Club
Devitt
there are possibly more give them a call, good luck.

That's great thanks I was worried it would be £570 like the Cali is!
Are you over 3500kg? if so the tax is only £165

Morning,
LV
Caravan & Motorhome Club
Devitt
there are possibly more give them a call, good luck.
Thanks again I tried LV as that's who we are with but because the Sven is identified as a MAN they don't have that on their list so they can't quote me they have MAN TGE HGV but it isn't that is it! I just rang Devitt and they insist on a tracker for a vehicle at that price.

Last edited:
Back