Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bigger vans

I think you only get a discount (or could) on a new build order (may come back as times are changing too).
These Sven/jokers are orders placed by the dealers along time before they sell them, so the shorter wait time is like a discount.
You raise a very interesting point, times are changing and even desirable manufacturers seem to have stock sitting around unsold. Have Westfalia announced their 2025 prices yet, as I reckon that will be an accurate bellwether to what they really think of the market?

I will check them out.
I think a lot of them get boring as they just run out of content and end up upgrading vans constantly.

I’ll watch something once in a blue moon.
I find it entertaining, when they need to stay positive, but deep down know it’s dogs turd. They loose all credibility……

Every single one of them are guilty for doing this.

`I posted this very point on their last video, in fairness he did reply and said there is plenty on the way. Hopefully he follows through on his promise...
I don't mind their channel tbh, I think they do have integrity and I do trust their reviews (mostly) And I do believe their research and journey to the choice of the Sven. I'm pretty sure they bought it at the same cost as everyone else.
A Bus & Beyond is now at the opposite end of the scale, they are like QVC presenters pushing whatever crap they're paid to push, Hellofresh, Powerbanks, paid for counseling subscriptions the list goes on........
Everything I liked about them has gone
No dog
No trips away
Just selling gear of all descriptions anything and everything
That big van will be a nightmare for parking and travelling 2 kids a dog and a huge van not my cup of tea that’s if they ever do any travelling lol

You raise a very interesting point, times are changing and even desirable manufacturers seem to have stock sitting around unsold. Have Westfalia announced their 2025 prices yet, as I reckon that will be an accurate bellwether to what they really think of the market?
This is from campersales a few days ago:

I hope this email finds you well.

I thought I would get back in contact to let you know that Westfalia have confirmed they will be building the Sven Hedin on the facelifted MAN TGE from 2025.

They will likely start deliveries around this time next year, they will be a fixed spec vehicle again and have the new Westfalia interior similar to that of the Columbus. The price will be slightly higher, likely to be around £96-£98k. We are currently taking deposits for build slots if its something you may be interested in.

Alternatively, we do have a few extra build slots for the current iteration left for September 2024.

(It looks to me that there is no longer a queue)

I thought I would get back in contact to let you know that Westfalia have confirmed they will be building the Sven Hedin on the facelifted MAN TGE from 2025.

They will likely start deliveries around this time next year, they will be a fixed spec vehicle again and have the new Westfalia interior similar to that of the Columbus. The price will be slightly higher, likely to be around £96-£98k. We are currently taking deposits for build slots if its something you may be interested in.

Alternatively, we do have a few extra build slots for the current iteration left for September 2024.

Thanks this is really informative!

That's not much of an increase in costs, particularly as it's on a new MAN. I agree there is no longer a queue, Wandahome still hasn't sold at least one of the Svens they're getting imminent delivery of. If the demand isn't where they want it to be they'll have to start offering incentives or discounts.

Thanks this is really informative!

That's not much of an increase in costs, particularly as it's on a new MAN. I agree there is no longer a queue, Wandahome still hasn't sold at least one of the Svens they're getting imminent delivery of. If the demand isn't where they want it to be they'll have to start offering incentives or discounts.
Surely they’ll be forced to sell off some ex demos at a good price. Someone posted a nice Hymer free s ex demo recently at a good price.

The details of the 2025 build intrigue me.

Firstly why are they taking almost twelve months to build, anybody have an idea? The 2025 model will be available almost immediately after 1st August 2024 and no doubt Westfalia can have orders in in advance of that date.

And to those of you in the know about these things, what is the fixed spec of the base vehicle please? Having been through the process of ordering a bespoke specification TGE three years ago I am aware of the options and flexibility of mix & match with them.

I bet the price will be nearer £98k it's a big increase on the current model for sure

I bet the price will be nearer £98k it's a big increase on the current model for sure
I don't feel it's a big increase personally, the email says 'it will be a fixed spec' so on the assumption it's like for like £98k would only represent just over 3%. If the spec is better than the current special edition and or the increase is lower then it could even be better value.

I don't regret for a minute ordering my Sven and I certainly don't wish to wait another 12 months, but if I had my time again I wish I'd bought about 18 months ago when the price was roughly £10k less than it is now.

I don't feel it's a big increase personally, the email says 'it will be a fixed spec' so on the assumption it's like for like £98k would only represent just over 3%. If the spec is better than the current special edition and or the increase is lower then it could even be better value.

I don't regret for a minute ordering my Sven and I certainly don't wish to wait another 12 months, but if I had my time again I wish I'd bought about 18 months ago when the price was roughly £10k less than it is now.
Agree with you there but we were in our Cali then and the timing wouldn't have been right but it is now as I am coming to the end of me working albeit two years early! I am more than happy with the Sven we have ordered ours will both be awesome :)

I understand the better value comment but at the price we ordered it was still eye watering so £98k would be too much in my mind.

Really like the merc type gearstick and less buttons.
Not sure how much of an upgrade the chassis will get.
Maybe some tweaking, I saw the TGE video of new MY25 and it had a lot more safety aids, pedestrian, rear swipe, reversing, wind sway, etc etc.

Whilst I was starting to fear the worst with my delivery being pushed back, the dealer has contacted me to say they now have my Sven, and I'm collected week after next :D :D :D

Not sure if mine is particularly quick, but from order to collection will be less than 3 months. Perhaps that's just indicative of how the market currently is.

I'll try to share some pics & early thoughts when I get it.

Whilst I was starting to fear the worst with my delivery being pushed back, the dealer has contacted me to say they now have my Sven, and I'm collected week after next :D :D :D

Not sure if mine is particularly quick, but from order to collection will be less than 3 months. Perhaps that's just indicative of how the market currently is.

2 years ago you couldn’t buy a Westfalia or Hymer van used or new.
Today is a different market.
Could be interesting on how this affects pricing of these vans going forward…

Great news Bazza, hoping you keep this one for a long time and make many happy memories in it!

2 years ago you couldn’t buy a Westfalia or Hymer van used or new.
Today is a different market.
Could be interesting on how this affects pricing of these vans going forward…
Completely agree, I'm very mindful of the fact if I get buyers remorse in the first year of ownership I can wave goodbye to the best part of 20 grand!

That said in the long term a conventionally functioning van market benefits everybody. Hopefully that means that the genuine buyers of RV's won't be priced out of the market. It will also stop the speculative buyers who think they can flip their vans and make a profit or break even. Although I wanted my Sven ASAP and paid list price, my guidance to any new buyers would be maybe hold off for a while as I do foresee discounts on new Westfalias & Hymers.

The Covid feeding frenzy has definitely finished, I've bought my van to enjoy but also aware it will depreciate just like all cars do!!!!

Completely agree, I'm very mindful of the fact if I get buyers remorse in the first year of ownership I can wave goodbye to the best part of 20 grand!

That said in the long term a conventionally functioning van market benefits everybody. Hopefully that means that the genuine buyers of RV's won't be priced out of the market. It will also stop the speculative buyers who think they can flip their vans and make a profit or break even. Although I wanted my Sven ASAP and paid list price, my guidance to any new buyers would be maybe hold off for a while as I do foresee discounts on new Westfalias & Hymers.

The Covid feeding frenzy has definitely finished, I've bought my van to enjoy but also aware it will depreciate just like all cars do!!!!
The California Ocean is one of the top 3 cars/van/ campervan for losing the least depreciation over 5 years.
But you have to hold it for 5 years!

Great news Barry keep me informed :) I don't think you would lose £20k in the first year remember the Sven is quite rare you don't see them used often, I just googled and found a 2022 plate Sven with just under 8,000 miles on it and they are asking £75k for it and it's 2 years old so like all vehicles it will lose money but maybe not as much as you think. Like you we are getting ours to enjoy a new chapter in life and we will love using it we ordered ours in January and they have said rough estimate end of August although I reckon it will be later than that so you did well :)

Barry, once you've paid for the van you won't give it another thought. To busy enjoying yourself experiencing new adventures- priceless!

Good news, hope you enjoy it.

You bought a dealer stock vehicle which they placed an order for about a year ago. So it isn’t quick!
Just less demand for them so aren’t selling there pre orders as quick.

Don’t forget to post some pics, will look stunning in black.

Good news, hope you enjoy it.

You bought a dealer stock vehicle which they placed an order for about a year ago. So it isn’t quick!
Just less demand for them so aren’t selling there pre orders as quick.

Don’t forget to post some pics, will look stunning in black.
Will do Mr Merrie thank you, I followed all your historic posts can came mighty close to ordering a Joker in the past. You seem to have rated it very highly, hopefully the Sven is the same!

Will do Mr Merrie thank you, I followed all your historic posts can came mighty close to ordering a Joker in the past. You seem to have rated it very highly, hopefully the Sven is the same!
Should never of sold my silver joker, amazing van.
Sven and jokers are great, westfalia factory Germany not so! Let’s the uk dealers down, and a shame there’s only 4!
Could do with pinching that posh underfloor heating you will have in the Sven.

Back