Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bigger vans

Also available as 4WD.
Looks like an airport passenger bus.
But I like the inside.
So much storage space and bike easy storage inside.
Very clever. !

Also available as 4WD.
Looks like an airport passenger bus.
But I like the inside.
So much storage space and bike easy storage inside.
Very clever. !
I love the interior too! The length would put me off, think 6m is long enough for me (oh er Missus!)

I love the interior too! The length would put me off, think 6m is long enough for me (oh er Missus!)

It’s nice to see something different.
But my god it’s another ugly van.
Once you go over 6m, you may as well go the whole hog and get a 7m coach built…

This would be me

IMG_5098.jpeg

It’s nice to see something different.
But my god it’s another ugly van.
Once you go over 6m, you may as well go the whole hog and get a 7m coach built…

This would be me

View attachment 127158
That looks seriously cool, it's one of those 'non-binary' RV's is it a camper is it a motorhome!!!!!

The thing that puts me off coachbuilt over van conversions is the width, which I found much more challenging on narrow roads.

That looks seriously cool, it's one of those 'non-binary' RV's is it a camper is it a motorhome!!!!!

The thing that puts me off coachbuilt over van conversions is the width, which I found much more challenging on narrow roads.
Yep, you can always fold the mirrors in on a van

Just get a coach built big enough for the garage to accommodate a motorcycle for sightseeing!
If a bus goes down there...so can I!

Love the new Genius, just what I'm looking for, a little more space but still relatively easy to park, drive, access more remote locations especially in 4x4.
Add a nice set of black rhinos, set of lights and underbody protection it may be a winner subject to price.
Will certainly give Hymer something to think about with its MLT AWD.
Seriously considering the MLT as a replacement for GCS but would prefer van based, that small amount of body with on a MLT concerns me plus the fact that Hymers dealer network is lacking in customer care.
Just hope the Genius will be made available in four birth?
Look forward to seeing it at the NEC.

I'm not sure but from what I read all terrain tyres on bigger alloys will reduce the mpg to low 30's. But still getting above 30 even tootling locally. Not sure if the Crafter/MAN are supposed to be slightly more economical than the Sprinter?
Did 100 miles in the Sven at the weekend fully loaded, I got just over 40mpg on the way there. That was mainly motorway driving not much over 65mph and a very long stretch in a 50mph zone which really helps economy. I got 38 - 39mpg driving back a little faster.

I'm just wondering whether VW/MAN have done a little tweaking to the latest TGE/Crafters to make them more fuel efficient ? I'm getting roughly what I was getting from my 204PS California.

Did 100 miles in the Sven at the weekend fully loaded, I got just over 40mpg on the way there. That was mainly motorway driving not much over 65mph and a very long stretch in a 50mph zone which really helps economy. I got 38 - 39mpg driving back a little faster.

I'm just wondering whether VW/MAN have done a little tweaking to the latest TGE/Crafters to make them more fuel efficient ? I'm getting roughly what I was getting from my 204PS California.

I doubt it.
It’s a simple case of, drive slow = higher mpg.

My California was exactly the same. However rarely got over 30mpg as I like to drive quick on the motorway…

IMG_5163.jpeg

Now nr Aosta Northern Italy on the way back from Dugi itok Croatia. So far travelled over 2500 km fully loaded in my Sprinter which wears 17 inch Black rhinos with Yokohama Geolander all terrain tyres and averages 25 mpg.
Mix driving, tolls, alpine pass Grosglockner plus Northern Alps in Italy.
Previous comparisons indicated 2-3 mile mpg drop with all terrain.
Vehicle 167 bhp Sprinter with 7 speed auto.

I doubt it.
It’s a simple case of, drive slow = higher mpg.

My California was exactly the same. However rarely got over 30mpg as I like to drive quick on the motorway…

View attachment 127519
You're probably right, there is a really long stretch of the M1 with speed cameras where you cannot go over 50 and that really bumps up the MPG as I think that is optimum speed for efficiency.
I find that if I get close to 70mph the wind noise really becomes intrusive which slows me down a bit.

Quite easy to calculate here in Germany... Crafter 80kmh = 8L/100km, 100kmh = 10L/100km, 120kmh = 12L/100km, 130 is vmax and 13L. Thus it's 1L more consumption for every 10kmh faster.

Driven the GC600, Knaus MEG640... Also speaking with a guy who has self converted a new medium roof, 6m Crafter 177ps he got the same fuel economy.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bit different, for those without baggage…

I take my hat off to any van which tries to break the standard configuration mould!

Reminds me of the Hobby Vantana 680 DT, which currently is 20k Euro off as they aren't selling well.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

The same could be said about pretty much all vans at the moment, it's the state of the market I think.

I think it depends on the van.
I’ve just searched Hymer vans for sale. It’s slim pickings…

Back