Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bigger vans

Tried that, for me the extra 20 cm in width makes enjoyable touring much more difficult. The beauty of a panel van is its skinnyness, 7 m means longitudinal beds and a proper shower, making longer tours more comfortable.
Perhaps it's just me but I'm not quite ready for a big white, trying to stay young and sick as the kids say

Tried that, for me the extra 20 cm in width makes enjoyable touring much more difficult. The beauty of a panel van is its skinnyness, 7 m means longitudinal beds and a proper shower, making longer tours more comfortable.
Perhaps it's just me but I'm not quite ready for a big white, trying to stay young and sick as the kids say

Longitudinal beds would be brilliant.
MLT Crossover 4x4 would be my weapon of choice.
I still thinks it looks cool, or maybe my age is catching up with me :thumb

Agree with Soulstyle, MLT is supercool and its super insulated. Would need clarification to extent of insulation on the new 700.
Will be interesting to compare against New Malibu Genius or even James Cook if the later is soon be available in rhd.

Ya, I tried a GC600 and it's too narrow. If I am spending that kind of coin on a van it needs to be spacious... Once you try a full camper you will be hard pressed to go back to a van.

Who said it needs to be white? https://de.motor1.com/news/731882/dethleff-globebus-performance-4x4/

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Spent some time with Project Yonder, it a great van, truly off grid, massive power bank and 24 v electrics.
The only downside is its cost, fully specified nearing 200k.
That's a problem, save 50k and buy a high spec MLT, the 700 S adds further competition and with longers Mercs like the Malibu Genius at 6.4 m it's a niche product.
If you have 200k go for it, really nice people.
They are also a supplier of Dutchvan Parts.

Spent some time with Project Yonder, it a great van, truly off grid, massive power bank and 24 v electrics.
The only downside is its cost, fully specified nearing 200k.
That's a problem, save 50k and buy a high spec MLT, the 700 S adds further competition and with longers Mercs like the Malibu Genius at 6.4 m it's a niche product.
If you have 200k go for it, really nice people.
They are also a supplier of Dutchvan Parts.

Do you think at that sort of price.
The MLT is a better buy and you could modify (let’s say throw £15k into one) and still be quids in with an epic van…?

Another Crafter based conversion on the updated Crafter. Few videos from Düsseldorf are circling on YouTube already.

Looks good. Interesting van.
However, I still think when spending well north of £100k, I would want the Merc badge on the front…

Looks good. Interesting van.
However, I still think when spending well north of £100k, I would want the Merc badge on the front…
Thing is Mercedes badge doesn't quite guarantee that you will get the same quality as yesterday's vehicles. With the amount of Renault engines (and not the good ones!) they have used in disguise as theirs in their lineup is quite bad. I rather have a 2L TDI, or 2.3 Iveco/Fiat and sleep well knowing that I have a proven engine powering my house on wheels.

Bargain…!

Do you think at that sort of price.
The MLT is a better buy and you could modify (let’s say throw £15k into one) and still be quids in with an epic van…?
Project Yonder is a fabulous van, the best of everything. The only thing that niggles me is its potential resale, a lot if money to commit too a brand with no long-term loyalty -yet.
Those in the know rate it but do the wider buying public?
For me a MLT 570 Crossover is an ideal vehicle, spend a little on the suspension set up and pocket 50k, the only failing for me is the width hence the 700S is looking interesting. Can't wait to see it in the metal.

Apevans produce some beautifully crafted vans.
However, you can’t bespoke the order and every van is different.
Plus, I think he only builds 3 a year.

Big commitment…

This looks a bit special

Back