Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can I disable the stop/start function?

I’ll post some details. I’m off to the commercial vehicle show for Tuesday but i’ll get you some details later in the week. It’s about £120 inc Vat. They are bespoke per vehicle type. In the fridge world they are common. I have contacts at VW technical so i’ll make some enquiries.
Farl

Last edited:
Any news on this...???
My stop/start is really getting on my nerves.
I would be happy if the switch worked the opposite way round. I don't think i would ever turn it off, apart from when im stuck in motorway traffic. Around town its a bloody nuisance and in some circumstances almost dangerous.

It is irritating especially at pedestrian crossings or roundabouts but eventually you remember to turn it off at the start of your journey.

Any news on this...???
My stop/start is really getting on my nerves.
I would be happy if the switch worked the opposite way round. I don't think i would ever turn it off, apart from when im stuck in motorway traffic. Around town its a bloody nuisance and in some circumstances almost dangerous.
It can be done with VCP that a collegue of mine has. He is in Plymouth though..

It can be done with VCP that a collegue of mine has. He is in Plymouth though..

What’s VCP...?
Is that the same as VCDS...?

It is irritating especially at pedestrian crossings or roundabouts but eventually you remember to turn it off at the start of your journey.
Must operate differently on the T6- never had/have a problem on the T5. I can control it easily with the brake pressure .

Must operate differently on the T6- never had/have a problem on the T5. I can control it easily with the brake pressure .
It is the same, light pressure engine stays on heavy cuts out.

It is the same, light pressure engine stays on heavy cuts out.
I must be light on the brakes then. Last service at 60K miles showed less than 50% wear.

if you disable it i will report you all to dvla the reason you get cheaper tax is this stop start lol

I fitted a module to my passat. It worked great and basically remembered the last setting. It doesnt create a problem as all it does is press the button on your behalf. I got rid of it on my Mk7 golf using VCDS but this was something that I just couldnt crack on the passat and its invasive as it pays with the top start minimum battery voltage requirement.
I took it off (passat) when i sold the car so will likely fit it on the T6. There are two types basically either positive or negative switching and you need to select the correct one.

Back