Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying new Beach - advise on spec please before I order

Hi @Perfectos -- agree with you totally and interested that there's such a variety of opinions on this.

Just keen to get it soon as possible, so I don't have to try to get my old banger through the MOT again...(main determinant of that car's value is how much petrol is in it)

Collected the van yesterday - super exciting....but had to say good bye to the old audi.... (we're all rather sad, daughter was crying).... picked up by a scrap dealer who sells the engines to Dubai....

photos of van to follow

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-17 at 19.46.11.jpeg

drive back home was great -- most impressed with cruise control (never had it before).

Made the endless 50mph sections average speed camera sections on the M6 so much easier.

off camping this weekend with the children!

drive back home was great -- most impressed with cruise control (never had it before).

Made the endless 50mph sections average speed camera sections on the M6 so much easier.

Enjoy the weekend. Kids will love it.

Hi KP, congratulations, your missing one all important post !

Photo of the new arrival (please)

Which options did you find most useful, and which would you be happy without?

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Good question -- my views after 1 weekend trip away

1) cruise control is excellent
2) parking heating is excellent
3) the two seat bench configuration is great - the storage box is very versatile, although I am sure something cleverer could be done with the multiflex board
4) comfort lighting good
5) bike rack excellent
6) multifunction steering wheel good

what could I have done without

electrical folding mirrors probably unnecessary

the music system is really annoying -- seems to be conflicts between spotify, apple play and telephone. I will have to sit down and work it out. I've loaded a load of MP3s onto an SD card and that seems to be the simplest and least confusing.

Which options did you find most useful, and which would you be happy without?

Of the paid options:

Most useful (used daily) reversing camera with front and rear sensors (old van only had rear sensors)

Most useful (used frequently) - would not be without it
Parking heater
Swivel front seats

Very useful - engine coolant heater (winter use)

Happy to be without - car play (used infrequently)

Things I would do differently - change cruise control change to ACC

After market additions:
Safe lock for spare wheel - (peace of mind)

Would like:
Solar panel charging
Window bags - additional highly practical storage for organising clothes

Tow bar preparation I would add to your configuration, it's something we've seen orders, maybe not for yourselves but for re-sale value in the future

Good question -- my views after 1 weekend trip away

1) cruise control is excellent
2) parking heating is excellent
3) the two seat bench configuration is great - the storage box is very versatile, although I am sure something cleverer could be done with the multiflex board
4) comfort lighting good
5) bike rack excellent
6) multifunction steering wheel good

what could I have done without

electrical folding mirrors probably unnecessary

the music system is really annoying -- seems to be conflicts between spotify, apple play and telephone. I will have to sit down and work it out. I've loaded a load of MP3s onto an SD card and that seems to be the simplest and least confusing.
After a year of intensive use, I’m only now getting used to the music. When overseas my wife was always in the passenger seat and rarely let me touch the radio when driving. Now I have more freedom. I use an old iPod nano and that works well.

Back