Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California edition Uk

Has it been confirmed the Edition won’t be able to be custom ordered?
UK Edition brochure linked higher up suggests it can be configured but with limitations. So you can add an awning to the Beach but not the parking heater for example. That said, it sounds like the dealers have got some 'stock' vans coming which are take em' as they come.

All stock Van's apparently are White, and have Awning, Cruise and lights and vision included, so I've been told at just under £53k list.

As the VW uk website states the yellow, red indium and oryx, I do wonder if factory order Van's maybe available at a later date.

The light grey interior is a nightmare to keep clean.

Even a bit of rain through the sliding door when your getting in can mark the seats.

I must admit, I didn't check the upholstery colour on the Edition and had completely assumed it would be Black to match the outside theme!

Madness your are buying into a Black & White theme which looks great but get inside and your faced with Light Grey (WHY) which always reminds me of older Renault & Similar cars!

Should be:

20171124_103643.jpg

View attachment 32371

If anybody sees an Edition whilst at the dealers anytime soon, could you please take some photos inside and out.

Cheers!

Very nice. Only two questions:

1. Can you order them with extra options such as the essential parking heater?

2. How do you get those ghastly go faster stripes off?

^ Why would you buy an edition over a white Beach if you do not like the Black Decals scheme?

If anybody sees an Edition whilst at the dealers anytime soon, could you please take some photos inside and out.

Cheers!

I saw a white one on the back of a transporter yesterday. A46 Kenilworth heading towards M40.
Ok, possible dealerships it’s heading too...???
Worcester, Stratford, I dunno. But they are arriving at dealers as we speak :thumb

I saw a white one on the back of a transporter yesterday. A46 Kenilworth heading towards M40.
Ok, possible dealerships it’s heading too...???
Worcester, Stratford, I dunno. But they are arriving at dealers as we speak :thumb

Thank you. I've called my dealer nearly every day this week to see if they've received one yet!

^ Why would you buy an edition over a white Beach if you do not like the Black Decals scheme?

That's simple. Money!

If the "Edition" has the options that you would have picked when choosing the spec of a new Cali but at a much cheeper all in price then that would be a good enough reason for me. However that doesn't mean that I would be prepared to put up with the sticky backed plastic. That would have to be removed before it left the dealers.

However, as I see it there may turn out to be a more fundemental issue with the "Edition". When vehicle manufacturers introduce Special Editions they are often a package deal. A sort of take it or leave it package produced with options included that they hope will appeal to a large number of potential buyers. As I've mentioned, these special deals can often be cheaper than if you were to spec a standard vehicle with the same options. Now as the Cali in either form is purchased primarily to serve as a camper van, I would suggest that most UK owners would want to add the Parking Heater option. So far I have seen nothing written to suggest that this will be possible. There's no mention of a parking heater option unless it says so on the above mentioned PDF which I have been unable to access. If the "Edition" does indeed turn out to be a fixed package where no further options are possible then, IMO VW Commercial have dropped a very large clanger!

So if it's much cheaper and I can have other options added like the parking heater, then yes I would buy one but the go faster stripes would have to go. If the parking heater wasn't possible then no way.

We shall just have to wait for more details.

Last edited:
That's simple. Money!

If the "Edition" has the options that you would have picked when choosing the spec of a new Cali but at a much cheeper all in price then that would be a good enough reason for me. However that doesn't mean that I would be prepared to put up with the sticky backed plastic. That would have to be removed before it left the dealers.

However, as I see it there may turn out to be a more fundemental issue with the "Edition". When vehicle manufacturers introduce Special Editions they are often a package deal. A sort of take it or leave it package produced with options included that they hope will appeal to a large number of potential buyers. As I've mentioned, these special deals can often be cheaper than if you were to spec a standard vehicle with the same options. Now as the Cali in either form is purchased primarly to serve as a camper van, I would suggest that most UK owners would want to add the Parking heater option. So far I have seen nothing written to suggest that this will be possible. There's no mention of a parking heater option unless it says so on the above mentioned PDF which I have been unable to access. If the "Edition" does indeed turn out to be a fixed package where no further options are possible then, IMO VW Commercial have dropped a very large clanger!

So if it's much cheaper and I can have other options added like the parking heater, then yes I would buy one but the go faster stripes would have to go. If the parking heater wasn't possible then no way.

We shall just have to wait for more details.

For me, as it's predominantly a MPV / Mobile Shed / Play bus and already having had a Beach without the parking heater for 2 years, it doesn't bother me too much. If I were to factory order again, i would add it but for me, it's weighing up the Edition, which i could probably be sitting on my drive in 4 weeks or a factory order that could take 6 months and miss this years summer.

The Edition looks pretty good but my main concerns are the light colour interior, no Interior LED lighting and lack of Heated seats. However, I've learnt NOT to believe the VW documents until I've seen the spec in the flesh!

I'm think that once I see one, i'm not sure I'm going to be able to resist!

Don't know about the UK but here in France the Edition version is only available for the Coast, exclusively with DSG, with all the standard features (plus the decorative extras) of the equivalent non-Edition model. Any optional extra (such as 4MO, heater, aircon etc.) can be added in the configurator.

I thought the side decals looked quite nice, that's just personal preference. Unlike the bonnet stripes that the Ford Custom Sport has!

Don't know about the UK but here in France the Edition version is only available for the Coast, exclusively with DSG, with all the standard features (plus the decorative extras) of the equivalent non-Edition model. Any optional extra (such as 4MO, heater, aircon etc.) can be added in the configurator.
Thanks Romke, that's interesting.
I have always believed that VW Cali customers in mainland Europe get a much better deal than us Brits here in the UK. Our options choices seem to be much more limited than yours. You are able to order a Coast, we can't. I also believe that you can specify 4motion on just about any version and you also seem to have more freedom to choose a greater spread of options, again on any model. Am I correct?

I thought the side decals looked quite nice, that's just personal preference. Unlike the bonnet stripes that the Ford Custom Sport has!
It's probably just me. I just don't like stickers.

On a similar note, I also can't stand clothes that have any writing on them especially smart #rse sayings or worse still, the makers advertising. Almost every item of casual clothing seems to have something scrawled on it these days. They are using us all as free mobile advertising hoardings.

On a similar note, I also can't stand clothes that have any writing on them especially smart #rse sayings or worse still, the makers advertising. Almost every item of casual clothing seems to have something scrawled on it these days. They are using us all as free mobile advertising hoardings.

Same mentality here. However the edition signing isn’t to bad.
Would need to see one in the flesh before I could fully commit.
Think it looks better on the other colours. Not sure about the white

Your ultimate nightmare...
aac34aac5722c6272945b88c48d15398.jpg

... and they're not even stuck on straight!!!
Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Your ultimate nightmare...
aac34aac5722c6272945b88c48d15398.jpg

... and they're not even stuck on straight!!!

Is that all the places you have visited...???
I have sticker passes of the mountains I’ve visited on the rear window screen.
It adds character and it’s not corporate advertising :D

Is that all the places you have visited...???
I have sticker passes of the mountains I’ve visited on the rear window screen.
It adds character and it’s not corporate advertising :D
All the countries and territories so far, including Gibraltar but excluding the Vatican (we visited but not the van).

Back