Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cashed in

How do you find your 911 - I’m retiring in a year and I’m considering 1) Morgan 2) 911 2s cab 3) v8 Ftye cab

You can hire Morgan’s for the day from Morgan directly.
Brilliant fun, quirky and well worth experiencing.
However, I was glad to jump back in the baby Porky for the drive home…

How do you find your 911 - I’m retiring in a year and I’m considering 1) Morgan 2) 911 2s cab 3) v8 Ftye cab
I have been through a few some better than others. If your a first timer I would point you to a 2wd 997.2 GTS or the S. If you want newer then 991.1 is pretty good. However dont discount the Boxster 987.2S or 981s as these are a really great drive. Generally speaking newer is more like a fast Golf and older more character. Do your homework as there are some horror design issues out there to be avoided .

I have been through a few some better than others. If your a first timer I would point you to a 2wd 997.2 GTS or the S. If you want newer then 991.1 is pretty good. However dont discount the Boxster 987.2S or 981s as these are a really great drive. Generally speaking newer is more like a fast Golf and older more character. Do your homework as there are some horror design issues out there to be avoided .
This is outrageous! You can’t camp in a Porsche, you’ll be wanting your own section soon

This is outrageous! You can’t camp in a Porsche, you’ll be wanting your own section soon
Seriously you dont need a dirty great big California when you can sleep in a 911. If you get the pop top pan roof roof then basically its equipped the same as a Beach. You have a better holiday as well as you get there and back quicker.

Seriously you dont need a dirty great big California when you can sleep in a 911. If you get the pop top pan roof roof then basically its equipped the same as a Beach. You have a better holiday as well as you get there and back quicker.

My 1989 turbo had a picnic table on the back, and was as well equipped as a beach for cooking.

I think a Boxster is more like a Beach, the cheaper model that you bought & then wished you had gone for the real deal.

Puts on hard hat & runs for the door........

Thanks @Legin

My 1989 turbo had a picnic table on the back, and was as well equipped as a beach for cooking.

I think a Boxster is more like a Beach, the cheaper model that you bought & then wished you had gone for the real deal.

Thanks @soulstyledevon I’ll hopefully keep the Cali as well - but there’s something about a Morgan. Been on the factory tour and it was brilliant

Some people will always be attracted to bigger and heavier rear ends, the Kardashian of Porsches, as it were.

And no corrosion on the roof either ;-) As it’s the Fiat forum now maybe be a nice X/19 although the corrosion won’t just be on the roof!

I would agree with that, my last 911 was a 997.2 4S lovely to look at but boring at sensible speeds. Sweet spot for me was 964 Carrera2 its the earliest 911 I've had with a proper working heating / ventilation system, the aircon actually worked.
Newer ones have lost a lot of the character.

I currently have a 2017 Morgan Plus 4 - its hard work to drive, you get wet if it rains, you roast in the sun, there's no luggage space & the wife hates it. However I stand a reasonable chance of keeping my licence, it costs peanuts to run, & everyone seems to love it, you get let out junctions and its just a joy to own.
I will however be changing it shortly for one of the new CX platform models as my knees are shot & need an automatic, the new ones have aircon, power steering, courtesy lights & bluetooth connection to stream audio, so a lot easier to live with & use regularly.

And no corrosion on the roof either ;-) As it’s the Fiat forum now maybe be a nice X/19 although the corrosion won’t just be on the roof!
Not to worry, starting in 2024 all Transporters will be rebadged Ford Transits made in Turkey!

I’m not paying on here to delete or edit posts. Is this just a money making exercise? Any other forum I’ve ever been on haven’t demanded money to edit posts.
No one is demanding money, ?
you choose to come onto the forum for your own benefit ?

if you use the forum and get a benefit from the forum maybe you would consider supporting that forum So it is available in future?

as far as I can see the servers, admin, tech support, electricity etc etc to run an international forum, used by thousands every day for the benefit of many many Cali enthusiasts must be created magically,
proviSion of all the kit and resources must be by magic,
which of course come for free to the head Magician, who just takes the cash and sticks it under his mattress!

it’s called business & if you don’t support businesses that you like or need what happens ?

lifetime membership is pretty good value IMO.

you can always go look for another forum if you feel aggrieved Or you could just continue to be on here every day and accept the rules of the head magician !

I would agree with that, my last 911 was a 997.2 4S lovely to look at but boring at sensible speeds. Sweet spot for me was 964 Carrera2 its the earliest 911 I've had with a proper working heating / ventilation system, the aircon actually worked.
Newer ones have lost a lot of the character.

I currently have a 2017 Morgan Plus 4 - its hard work to drive, you get wet if it rains, you roast in the sun, there's no luggage space & the wife hates it. However I stand a reasonable chance of keeping my licence, it costs peanuts to run, & everyone seems to love it, you get let out junctions and its just a joy to own.
I will however be changing it shortly for one of the new CX platform models as my knees are shot & need an automatic, the new ones have aircon, power steering, courtesy lights & bluetooth connection to stream audio, so a lot easier to live with & use regularly.
Only ever had one Porsche in my life and that was my 1954 oval window VW Beetle which had Porsche stamped on the engine block.

Blimey! I thought the Porsche snobbery was confined to the Porsche forums!

PM each other please :Grin

Isn't a Beach the stripped out, no excess weight performance machine?

Back