Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

City Assist

I did spec the Multi Function Steering Wheel on my 1st van (@Gavrobb 's van) & on my current van. Is there any difference between the MFSW ordered without ACC, compared to a MFSW ordered with ACC?
Additional buttons? Anyone know? Hopefully no difference, then maybe you can get it Gav.

Cheers
I will confirm at Lower Lode as there is bound to be one to compare with but I'm certain there will be as there are specific buttons for it.

Mike

We had a demo van with ACC - pretty sure it was a different SWheel - nice shout tho Tommy. I was just curious - hardware or software update. Dreaming !

Real reason for all the info was simply to forewarn others undecided about which way to go - I'd do ACC

Last edited:
This is my steering wheel TG and do you have the big radar sensor in the front.

cb4598f5ee0dee8ffc5ae9076ed87f65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apart from the white symbol (on the existing button), the steering wheel looks the same.
I'm guessing from what you are saying, the size of the radar sensor for Front Assist only v's ACC + Front Assist could be different !! If it is - then hopefully it can be changed out + a software update maybe.
Might be do-able yet....
I'll leave this with @Gavrobb to chase up Mike. He's just lusting after that ACC!! :)

Cheers the pic & reply Mike
Thanks

Sorry to resurrect this, but poss of interest to some. Had the full level 3 auto braking today when driving home...
Metallic helium balloon blew out from the roadside as I drove along a country lane at around 50 (in a 60 zone). The Cali braked hard for around 0.5 sec to 1 sec and ABS kicked in with the alert appearing on the dash. I guess the radar assumed a pedestrian had stepped out.

Douglas thats interesting and thanks for resurrecting. I was just thinking about this one yesterday too - 10months in and still no real indication of it ever working, still feels like the van could easy roll into the back of stopped traffic, still no answer from the dealer on how it should work....

Given up on it - maybe I'll try some balloons.... ! ;)

Douglas thats interesting and thanks for resurrecting. I was just thinking about this one yesterday too - 10months in and still no real indication of it ever working, still feels like the van could easy roll into the back of stopped traffic, still no answer from the dealer on how it should work....

Given up on it - maybe I'll try some balloons.... ! ;)

Are you trying to test Front Assist or City Emergency Braking? For the latter you could try a tarp or cloth held between two posts, this was how they tested some of the Volvos City Safety. You have to be travelling between 3 and 19 mph. You should come to a complete stop, if the road has enough grip. You could use some stacked cardboard boxes and pretend you are having a '90 police chase.

...message ends...

Back