Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

4motion 204hp dsg club joker for sale if anyone is interested.

4motion 204hp dsg club joker for sale if anyone is interested.
That looks an absolutely cracking van.

Indeed, if you can get past the plastic front and £65k price tag for a 6 and half year old van!
Less than 12k miles on the clock! There is a 2019 4Motion Ocean on Autotrader with 5k miles more for £66,000. Which represents better value for money?

Less than 12k miles on the clock! There is a 2019 4Motion Ocean on Autotrader with 5k miles more for £66,000. Which represents better value for money?
Calis run at about £10k-£15k less than a joker hightop (with same spec). So not sure it is better value.
Both over priced in my option :thumb

Calis run at about £10k-£15k less than a joker hightop (with same spec). So not sure it is better value.
Both over priced in my option :thumb
Substantially so in my view. I just don't get why in the UK you would pay soo much more for a Haldex 4WD system that is almost never needed or used.

Substantially so in my view. I just don't get why in the UK you would pay soo much more for a Haldex 4WD system that is almost never needed or used.
Always need mine (cairngorms) uk gets similar weather to eu (apart from less sun:headbang)
Wet grass is wet grass wherever in the world.
My old t5 2wd would spin up at the slightest of damp tar on up hill pullaways (tech prob improved since then) wouldn’t be without 4motion or some sort of 4x4.
Campers are bought for travelling the world also :thumb

I see you live in Birmingham if I lived in Birmingham I would think the Same but some people live in remote parts of Scotland travel in Europe in the winter launch boats down slipways etc so need 4 wheel drive

I see you live in Birmingham if I lived in Birmingham I would think the Same but some people live in remote parts of Scotland travel in Europe in the winter launch boats down slipways etc so need 4 wheel drive
I get the point. In fact, I changed from a 3 series BMW (RWD) to a 4-Matic Mercedes GLA specifically for the wet grass and snowy / icy tarmac issues I used to have around Jan-Feb in the BMW which cost a fortune in rear tyres.

But asking £65k for a 6 year old van with a plastic front and no LEDs or digi dash, just makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

And yes, modern FWD diesel vans pretty much drive themselves off wet grass without even needing any accelerator in my recent experience. So as always, I guess you pays your money and takes your choice.

I get the point. In fact, I changed from a 3 series BMW (RWD) to a 4-Matic Mercedes GLA specifically for the wet grass and snowy / icy tarmac issues I used to have around Jan-Feb in the BMW which cost a fortune in rear tyres.

But asking £65k for a 6 year old van with a plastic front and no LEDs or digi dash, just makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

And yes, modern FWD diesel vans pretty much drive themselves off wet grass without even needing any accelerator in my recent experience. So as always, I guess you pays your money and takes your choice.
Led's became standard on the Ocean a few years ago but the base van is different spec for the Westys. Not many until recently ticked the led option as it is an expensive camper to start with. As for digi dash, that's T6.1 territory so if you're holding out for a "cheap" Joker with LED's and digital dash you will be waiting a long time.
Painted bumpers are also an option and should definitely be picked imo, 4 wheel drive or not.
Have you got a camper at the moment?

Led's became standard on the Ocean a few years ago but the base van is different spec for the Westys. Not many until recently ticked the led option as it is an expensive camper to start with. As for digi dash, that's T6.1 territory so if you're holding out for a "cheap" Joker with LED's and digital dash you will be waiting a long time.
Painted bumpers are also an option and should definitely be picked imo, 4 wheel drive or not.

I retrofitted a digidash on mine and it has LED’s. Totally doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Larry,

No - still browsing with interest, while a remortgage goes through. In particular this one:

Brand new with 5 years warranty and servicing for under £68k - very very tempting, if only it was in dark grey rather than Ascot.

Hi Larry,

No - still browsing with interest, while a remortgage goes through. In particular this one:

Brand new with 5 years warranty and servicing for under £68k - very very tempting, if only it was in dark grey rather than Ascot.
Just noticed this:

Also has the
  • 5 + Promise - 5 Services
  • 3 MOT's
  • 5 Year Warranty
  • 3 Year Roadside Assistance
Now we're talking!

I retrofitted a digidash on mine and it has LED’s. Totally doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, but it would be very lucky
Just noticed this:

Also has the
  • 5 + Promise - 5 Services
  • 3 MOT's
  • 5 Year Warranty
  • 3 Year Roadside Assistance
Now we're talking!
Very nice. If the photos are correct there is no shower fitted (as mentioned in the description). Just check with them, might be stock photos.

Indeed, if you can get past the plastic front and £65k price tag for a 6 and half year old van!

Haha, its whats on the inside that counts.

Plastic bumpers come in handy when I pick the father-in-law from the fishing lake. The track is overgrown with brambles etc, so saves getting the T-cut out.

Anyone with a Sven carrying a spare wheel and jack as we have a van on order but it really bothers me that it doesn't come with a spare wheel, what if you get a puncture in the middle of nowhere even with roadside assistance they wouldn't be able to fix it would they?

Also any tips to fine interior rugs for the van :)

Anyone with a Sven carrying a spare wheel and jack as we have a van on order but it really bothers me that it doesn't come with a spare wheel, what if you get a puncture in the middle of nowhere even with roadside assistance they wouldn't be able to fix it would they?

It doesn't bother me that that it doesn't have a spare wheel, most new cars I've recently owned don't have one either. I've had a few punctures and I've always found the can of tyre weld works perfectly. Worst case scenario the AA will come out and sort it.

I get my Sven next week and I've wondered about your second point, I noticed Campervantime had custom fitted carpets in theirs. I did ask them on the comment on their YT video but they didn't reply.. As it has underfloor heating I'm wondering whether rugs/carpets are a good idea in the first place?

It doesn't bother me that that it doesn't have a spare wheel, most new cars I've recently owned don't have one either. I've had a few punctures and I've always found the can of tyre weld works perfectly. Worst case scenario the AA will come out and sort it.

I get my Sven next week and I've wondered about your second point, I noticed Campervantime had custom fitted carpets in theirs. I did ask them on the comment on their YT video but they didn't reply.. As it has underfloor heating I'm wondering whether rugs/carpets are a good idea in the first place?
Does the Sven come with tyre weld etc do you know? I bet you are looking forward to getting it :)

Its probably to keep the weight down, to give more carrying capacity / payload.

We always carry a matching spare wheel / tyre on our van as gets you moving quicker if you breakdown which is handy on longer trips that are time sensitive for a a ferry crossing etc. Can just get the damaged tyre swapped when you have time.

AWD transmissions will need all 4 wheels off the the ground for a tow, so might have to wait longer for a suitable tow truck. This can be avoided if you have a spare wheel.

Not every tyre issue can be cured with tyre weld and once used believe range is limited which is fine if the puncture occurs in normal working hours, otherwise you will have to wait for the tyre places open the next day to to source & fit new tyre.

We always carry a matching spare wheel / tyre on our van as gets you moving quicker if you breakdown which is handy on longer trips that are time sensitive for a a ferry crossing etc. Can just get the damaged tyre swapped when you have time.

AWD transmissions will need all 4 wheels off the the ground for a tow, so might have to wait longer for a suitable tow truck. This can be avoided if you have a spare wheel.

Not every tyre issue can be cured with tyre weld and once used believe range is limited which is fine if the puncture occurs in normal working hours, otherwise you will have to wait for the tyre places open the next day to to source & fit new tyre.
I would feel happier carrying a spare wheel I wonder where you source the right wheel for the van, do you carry a jack and brace as well?

I would feel happier carrying a spare wheel I wonder where you source the right wheel for the van, do you carry a jack and brace as well?

We now have a Club Joker so came fitted as standard. Spare wheel underneath (same as Cali), Jack stores under under the lift up passenger seat(s) along with the removable tow bar.

You're absolutely right about the limitations of tyre weld, they can't fix larger punctures or blow outs also you're only supposed to do 100 miles on them and limit your speed to 50mph.

However I reckon I've had about 4 or 5 punctures since owning cars without spare tyres. I've managed to roadside repair every one using tyre weld and it's a lot quicker than changing a wheel. Although not recommended I've done hundreds of miles on them before replacing the tyres. Recently the chap a Kwik Fit said many are now even running on welded tyres for years until the tread wears down!

I’ve never had a full blow out. Punctures on a couple of occasions. I rely on a tyre inflater and Google maps to the nearest tyre shop.
I couldn’t be chuffed trying to change wheels over, that’s what breakdown cover is for.

I’ve never had a full blow out. Punctures on a couple of occasions. I rely on a tyre inflater and Google maps to the nearest tyre shop.
I couldn’t be chuffed trying to change wheels over, that’s what breakdown cover is for.
Very true.
Unless I was in the back of being which happens 2 times a year!

The tyre weld today is so good, you don't even need to find the nearest tyre centre immediately. It's usually cheaper if you prebuy them online and you can match the manufacturer of your other tyres which you often can't do buying on spec. That way you can continue your break and not waste it sitting in the waiting room at Kwik Fit for half a day!!!!!