Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

Doesn’t it leave a load of crap inside the wheel…?

Doesn’t it leave a load of crap inside the wheel…?
It does inside the tyre if that was what you're asking, so they can't be puncture repaired. But on the few occasions I've just inflated them, I've been told they can't be repaired as the puncture is in the wrong place. Not sure if this is true or them just wanting to sell a new tyre....

It does inside the tyre if that was what you're asking, so they can't be puncture repaired. But on the few occasions I've just inflated them, I've been told they can't be repaired as the puncture is in the wrong place. Not sure if this is true or them just wanting to sell a new tyre....
If a puncture is too close to the sidewall it can’t be repaired. See the chart below from KwikFit. A puncture in the minor repair zone can be fixed.

IMG_6955.jpeg

The tyre weld today is so good, you don't even need to find the nearest tyre centre immediately. It's usually cheaper if you prebuy them online and you can match the manufacturer of your other tyres which you often can't do buying on spec. That way you can continue your break and not waste it sitting in the waiting room at Kwik Fit for half a day!!!!!
Hey Barry let me know what comes with your van on regards to tyre repairs

I’ve never had a full blow out. Punctures on a couple of occasions. I rely on a tyre inflater and Google maps to the nearest tyre shop.
I couldn’t be chuffed trying to change wheels over, that’s what breakdown cover is for.

We still call the breakdown company, they put the spare on & off we go.

Which is the best 'gunk'? Reviews here suggest it is better than I thought..

I’ve never had a full blow out. Punctures on a couple of occasions. I rely on a tyre inflater and Google maps to the nearest tyre shop.
I couldn’t be chuffed trying to change wheels over, that’s what breakdown cover is for.
I agree about changing the wheel it is a faff we had a flat on the Cali on route to Scotland it was pouring down and we had VW assist and I thought just ring them, I did he came out and changed the wheel :) have you got a spare on your Hymer?
If I wanted to buy a spare wheel, jack and brace for the Sven to get me going where would I get one from?

Last edited:
I agree about changing the wheel it is a faff we had a flat on the Cali on route to Scotland it was pouring down and we had VW assist and I thought just ring them, I did he came out and changed the wheel :) have you got a spare on your Hymer?
Tyre weld and inflator.
European breakdown cover through Caravan Guard and Mercedes assist for life…

The way I see it. I’ve broken down with a bed, bathroom and onboard kitchen facilities :cool:

Tyre weld and inflator.
European breakdown cover through Caravan Guard and Mercedes assist for life…

The way I see it. I’ve broken down with a bed, bathroom and onboard kitchen facilities :cool:
I have a small compressor which works from the 12v socket is that good enough although maybe I need a better one for the van it is quite old have they moved on a lot do you reckon, and as for recovery we will get the MAN roadside assistance won't we.

Will cost you more to buy back probably too!
It’s like ex girlfriends you only remember the good bits ;)
I had an ex girlfriend punch me in a Chinese takeaway before. I’ve tried to forget it but it still makes me twitch…

0”
Even when it costs £108,559 ?

Painted bumpers £729 as an option when ordering. Not everyone wants them on T6 as you still end up with the black ‘canoe paddle’ in the lower grill, so can look odd if the van is not a darker colour (ie - the metallic blue van v the dark grey van; blends in on dark grey, sticks out like a sore thumb on the blue); T5 was different as the lower grill was also color coded.

Even when it costs £108,559 ?
That 108k has painted!
I’m not interested in any as my little build (brand new t6.1) is around halve the price of the Scottish new blue joker.
Would love another joker, but after the major issues I had with my new 2yr wait one I’d rather have the savings!
Really enjoying the build too :thumb

0”

Painted bumpers £729 as an option when ordering. Not everyone wants them on T6 as you still end up with the black ‘canoe paddle’ in the lower grill, so can look odd if the van is not a darker colour (ie - the metallic blue van v the dark grey van; blends in on dark grey, sticks out like a sore thumb on the blue); T5 was different as the lower grill was also color coded.
The grey one is painted, but I get what you mean.
That raven blue could do with a tone down (to blue like my bronze) so the plastic bumper would help break it up.
I guess it depends on if you want a posh campsite show off van or try to hide the fact you have a £100k to people.

The grey one is painted, but I get what you mean.
That raven blue could do with a tone down (to blue like my bronze) so the plastic bumper would help break it up.
I guess it depends on if you want a posh campsite show off van or try to hide the fact you have a £100k to people.

Agree. I think its because the top roof panels are black, ie - either have a dark shade with colour coded…or lighter shade with black plastic bumpers to balance it out.