Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coronavirus Impact

Seems wrong. People still need a place to exercise.

Whilst those people can't be trusted to respect the rules and others around them, lock them out.

I have just been for a walk. Left my house and walked along the greensward adjoining the beach for a couple of miles. I avoided every gate but couldn't believe how many opened, closed, with bare hands and no sanitiser afterwards.

I had to step on to the beach and off the green many times to avoid groups of people walking along taking no effort whatsoever to keep their distance either from each other or other walkers.

I reached the Bluebird cafe, Ferring. A lovely place with outside tables on a beachside terrace and lovely blue sky: Beautiful. The take-away window was open and people were queuing nose to tail, shoved close to the person in front, to get a take-away. A lot of those people then went to sit on the beachside terrace so it was crammed.

Try and cross the car park and the track is blocked by groups standing in huddles. The car park was of course full, people drive for miles to the Bluebird cafe and why do anything different now?

Utter madness.

Until someone loses a loved one they will still carry on as normal. Some people cannot think of others. Very sad that there is no cohesion or sense of responsibility.
The less people we need to meet in the next 3 weeks, the better.
The faster we reach the zero new infections, the faster we can get back to kind of normal.
The more you keep meeting other people, the longer it will take to reach the zero.

I have been walking today, from home, 11km. I almost feel guilty as there were too much other people walking, running, biking, motorcycling, driving cars on that trip.
It should have been better when it was raining. No one would have been outside.

Like many I had been planning a road trip with the family over a few weeks of the Easter break. Given most if not all of the trip would include France and Northern Italy this is now a no go. What are other people doing or not doing? Staying put and putting trips on hold or travelling within UK? Cheers
Putting everything on hold, GDit. And hoping late summer sees a greenlight!

All this talk about coronavirus could end up driving us all mad !!!
so I found some jokes,there on another tread but incase anyone missed them here we go...
Enjoy and keep well !!

I went to the chemist yesterday and asked the assistant; "What kills the Corona Virus?"
She replied to me, "Ammonia Cleaner."
I said, "Oh, I am sorry- I thought you worked here..."

Doctor: "Sorry but, following testing, I can now confirm that you DO have the Corona virus."

Patient: "That's not possible - I have made sure that I am totally immune."

Doctor: "How so?"

Patient: "I have 300 Tesco toilet rolls in the house!"

Plane with 5 passengers on board, Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, the Pope, Leo Varadkar and a ten year old school boy. The plane is about to crash and theres only 4 parachutes Trump, said i need one i've to sort out the USA! Takes one and jumps, The pope said i need one, I've to sort out the catholic Church. Takes one and jumps, Boris said i'm the smartest man in England takes one and jumps, Leo said to the ten year old "you can have the last parachute I've lived my life yours is only starting"...the 10 year old said "ah sure theres 2 parachutes left the smartest man in England took my school bag"

Tescos, good, occasionally busy later.
Sainsburys, moderate to good, sale on Corn Flakes.
Asda, slight to moderate, heavy crowds by evening.
Marks and Spencer and Co-Op, fair.
Waitrose fair to moderate, spillage in aisle 7.
Lidl, rough at first, moderate later.
Aldi, rough at first, becoming rougher.

And that's the end of the Shopping Forecast.

Difficult decision but you took the right one, amazed by the number of selfish people who are travelling in campers, and big whites ( convinced they are self isolating- your NOT ) if infected your spreading Covid19 if your not by travelling you may become ill and the NHS will need to pick up the pieces I live in Cornwall - one hospital, that’s correct one.......... stay home for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People are as thick as sh** and very selfish

Another Bootneck?

I went out to the forest early to walk the dogs (2hrs) but not early enough. By the end of the walk there were people and families everywhere. Typically on a walk like that I would see a 1/3rd that number and if it was raining an 1/10th. That said I know the off beat paths so cut across, and or followed parallel where available.

I honestly do think we have a problem.

As such I've just spent 2hr 11min riding on my turbo indoors. Rowing machine is going back up and I have permission to buy a running machine.

Peak Park over ran with visitors today - like first day of summer school holidays ! Hate to think of the germs they left in the super markets and petrol stations and subsequently for the local population ... A disgrace. Can't see how they can avoid a full lock down or proximity to home measure (may be too too difficult to enforce but could scare people via huge potential penalties).

Two big figures shout out from the table below. Over 1000 deaths in Italy and Spain combined, and the huge surge in newly confirmed cases in the US. I hope this is due to a surge in testing, if not, the US will be ravaged by this virus.

1584912303841.png

Last edited:
I would suggest you cancel it for the next 3months. We are only just starting on our journey with the virus. We are expected to be 2 weeks behind the Italy curve.
Thanks but you don't need to suggest anything, we will not be going anywhere except for work and groceries and I think we will be in this for more than 3 months.

Got a have the humour mixed in to lower the stress of the situation

It’s the doctors who’ll need a sense of humour after they have to decide which patients get a ventilator and which don’t....

You bloody idiots voted Borris in...
I mean cmon...

It’s been the wettest, grey winter I can ever remember and Borris slowly sent everyone home from work this week on the first decent weekend of the year.
Told us all to not congregate, but it’s ok if we go for a quick stroll maintaining distance. Really.

Btw, the National Trust are opening all their sites and beaches etc (FOC) for you all to walk around whilst grabbing some fish and chips from the local take away.
Honestly, what did he think was going to happen.

Complete sheet for brains...
You just couldn’t make this stuff up. :mad:

You bloody idiots voted Borris in...
I mean cmon...

It’s been the wettest, grey winter I can ever remember and Borris slowly sent everyone home from work this week on the first decent weekend of the year.
Told us all to not congregate, but it’s ok if we go for a quick stroll maintaining distance. Really.

Btw, the National Trust are opening all their sites and beaches etc (FOC) for you all to walk around whilst grabbing some fish and chips from the local take away.
Honestly, what did he think was going to happen.

Complete sheet for brains...
You just couldn’t make this stuff up. :mad:
Who would you prefer to be in charge at this time?

Actually, you may have just inadvertently explained why some people think that the advice issued by HM Government doesn't apply to them. Many people dislike Boris intensely, so could that be partially responsible for many ignoring the advice to stay home?

The PM is in an extremely dificult position. As I understand it, the expert advice is that effective management of this virus is a matter of timing, too much control too soon and people will tire of the restrictions and go back to doing what they want. Result - a less effective outcome. We do not live in an authoritarian country and I'm sure the PM is reluctant to issue mandatory restrictions on our movements, firstly for the above reason and secondly, how exactly would it be policed? But make no mistake if people continue to do their own thing he surely will, he'll have to. Advice will become enforcable restrictions like elsewhere.

This isn't about personalities or party politics, it's much more important than that. We should all be doing our level best to comply with the advice the Government has issued. It's in everyone's interest to do so regardless of the weather.

BTW the National trust are closing all of their properties to help control the virus.

Last edited:
So Boris, the great populist liar, is getting slagged off because he has not imposed total lockdown.

No.

I don't like Boris, most of what he represents I detest and I did not vote for him. (Talking of voting I shudder to think of any of the alternatives being in charge right now).

Apart from accepting we still live in a democracy and to fulfil most of what populist opinion demands he does now needs parliamentary approval, he has actually suppressed his populist instincts to follow wholly unpopular scientific advice.

This is no time for dogma, politics or personalities. This is time for balanced implementation of the best scientific measures possible in the face of a no-win situation none of us born after 1938 would even have a clue about. We have some of the best epidemiologists in the world and I base that on my experiences. It is no win, whatever our leaders do will never fulfil expectation, what I am sure of Boris will now be working around the clock, insisting everyone around him does, trying his best to mobilise every resource at his disposal and frankly so far been pretty impressive.

We don't want a dogma divide right now, we want total national unity to reverse the selfishness seen, allow the communal support to blossom and to prepare ourselves as a nation for an unavoidable catastrophe. Get behind the leader regardless of political colour.

Last edited:
Back