Coronavirus Impact

Suppressing it is one thing, has anyone
seen an exit strategy yet, now that we are all
in quarantine.
As far as I can understand
Develop vaccine
Develop cure/treatment
Develop herd Immunity at a rate health services can cope with
All of which seem far enough away that we could be exiting to a very different world.

I think this may still be our government's exit strategy. As they get the rate of infection under some sort of control they will relax some of the restrictions while not allowing the NHS to become overrun.
Until a treatment/cure or vaccine is available there is no other option

I can guarantee that everyone reading this will be dead in 50 years...some much much less...SO for heavens sake make the most of what time you have..
Thanks for that. So you mean that some will never get 80, 90 or near 100 years old?

I have read all your symptoms and presumptions this is Covid 19!
Lets be clear, at this time of year there is always flu about. It has been killing about 8 -14 per week IN HOSPITAL, but community deaths not recorded and this is a very minor year. In a bad influenza years such as 2009-10 (47000 excess deaths) 2015 (43000 excess deaths) Excess deaths are the accurate way of assessing infective deats as they show all deaths, community and hospital and you don't need to be tested as the disease is obvious and epidemic/pandemic. These are NOT my figures but the governments Office of National Statistics
see below:
Office for national statistics/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/highestnumberofexcesswinterdeathssince19992000/2015-11-25.

A total of 4,794 hospitalised confirmed influenza admissions (234 influenza A(H1N1)pdm09, 1,473 influenza A(H3N2), 2,782 influenza A(not subtyped), and 305 influenza B) have been reported in England since week 40 2019 via the sentinel scheme.
So far this year just under 100 HOSPITAL and tested deaths this winter. How many community deaths from elderly not admitted and no-one tests for flu unless admitted to hospital?

There are 3 viruses that make up the coryza group (cold) Rhinoviruses 60-80%, Adenoviruses 20-30% and Coronavirus about 10%. They are not NEW viruses they were discovered in 1964 and guess what! that was the year the electron microscope was available for use. They are a very old group. They are RNA type just like foot and mouth and that has a well documented 4 century history.

On the 18th October 2019 a conference, paid for at Bill Gates a great Globalist believer (New World Order/ Global government qv) ran EVENT 201, please look this up on the internet because they ran a scenario of an agressive strain of Corona which caused a world pandemic and a predicted 65 million deaths. Odd that, I would have gone for an influenza group as the last few decades have only seen antigenic drift to the flu bug and not an antigenic change which is well overdue (Spanish flu 1919 up to 600 million worldwide (no antibiotics then for the seconday bacteria which caused the deaths by pneumonia which killed them) Hong Kong flu etc.
Even more surprisingly they chose the least likely cold virus!!! If you look up EVENT 21 you will see we are all following the recommendations like 'sheeple'.
The Diamond Princess was a great virology experiment (the cruise ship held off the Japanes coast in quarantine after a passenger infected the whole ship) Get 3600 people in a confined space and infect them all then test them. Results were 60% had tested positive and never knew thay had had it, 20% had minimal symptoms like a runny nose and sore throat the other 20% had more severe symptoms like flu. 7 Deaths occured but take into account the age and underlying health conditions plus the Japanese only allowed the sick to hospital on shoreside at a very late date and this is unremarkable (cruise ships because of the age of the passengers often experience 2 deaths per trip.
The British Brainwashing Corporation and Fox media etc all run the same propaganda to put fear into sheeple to get them into civil obedience. 7am Radio 4 news yesterday said Trump says 'Americans have to go back to work', immiediately the BBC followed this and said the first doctor had died of Corona (I looked him up on the GMC website as they named him, he was 76 and had no licence to practice ie totally irrelevant as not caught through working). They had a voxpop with a female GP in south London who (VERY VERY breathlessly) said she BELIEVED she had covid 19 from working with patients and was self isolating. If I was breathless at rest and could have problem talking I would be in hospital as at least 60% of my lung function had been lost.

Why, then, all this 'scam' of a world armagedon virus, figures telling you how many people have tested positive (something which does not occur ourside of hospital with flu) Remember the Diamond Princess percentagesand relevance of positivity to disease severity!!
Remember the virus cannot live outside a host for more the 12-16hours, kill the host and it dies. Ideal state, like most viruses, have a carrier state, host well and passing it on. eg Herpes group, Hepatitis HIV etc etc.

The benefactors of a world economy shut down are the CENTRAL BANKS who will lend the money to Governments. 2 trillion$ to the US , UK likely to be many billions etc. We will have a 10 year recession 10% unemployment and have to have increased taxes/NI to pay the central banks. NOW LOOK UP WHO OWNS THE CENTRAL BANKS.
Wake up, how many people do you know that are seriously ill, so infectiou Prince Charles hasn't infected his wife!! and he is battling the disease (fully dressed waving at a window) try that with the flu!!!

I am not a paranoid schizophrenic, conspiracy advocate etc just a retired consultant in the medical profession, no qualification then?
I have worked through many a flu pandemic in 40+ years and this one is a farce

Everyone in isolation, no-one contacting the virus therefore no immunity, what happens next? come out of isolation SOMETIME, dream on 2 more weeks, but when? no vaccine nor will there be unless this virus was manufactured for this purpose. RNA viruses have great 'plasticity" (qv) change antigenicity frequently sometimes in a matter of weeks, and only possible antidote would be a live attenuated one (qv). The pharma companies would make billions from a cold vaccination as it causes massive sickness absence, most asthma attacks in children etc, great financial incentive so why not acheived, same as foot and mouth, still no vaccine (another RNA virus). The UK cold research establishment near Porton Down was shut down after 40years of ineffective research into a vaccine.

The benefactors of a world economy shut down are the CENTRAL BANKS who will lend the money to Governments. NOW LOOK UP WHO OWNS THE CENTRAL BANKS.
Same bul#+&t different scenario.
Conspiracy theory. Nothing more.
Long live Elvis and man never went to the moon.

Same bul#+&t different scenario.
Conspiracy theory. Nothing more.
Long live Elvis and man never went to the moon.

From the Office of National Statistics
Deaths peaked on 1 January last winter when daily deaths were 35% higher than the five-year average. The first part of 2015 (5 to 11 January) also saw weekly deaths at 15,000, the highest number in any given week since the last two weeks of December 1999 and first two weeks of January 2000, when flu levels were very high.

This is 5000 deaths in a week, action by Government NIL, were we aware that this strain of Influenza was going to self limit, definitely not!!

Deaths peaked on 1 January last winter when daily deaths were 35% higher than the five-year average. The first part of 2015 (5 to 11 January) also saw weekly deaths at 15,000, the highest number in any given week since the last two weeks of December 1999 and first two weeks of January 2000, when flu levels were very high.

This is 5000 deaths in a week, action by Government NIL, were we aware that this strain of Influenza was going to self limit, definitely not!!
Of course the 40000 killed by particulates and NO2 will now live for ever since traffic is history, statistics are so moreish.

Of course the 40000 killed by particulates and NO2 will now live for ever since traffic is history, statistics are so moreish.

Meanwhile in the Brecon Beacons, police stopped a day tripper from Bristol who had decided that the coronavirus lockdown was the ideal time to climb Pen-y-Fan :mad:

Instead of having a holiday to the UK (Scotland or Wales, we hadn't decided yet) in May, we will be at home.

Being married to a nurse who was taking care of the first Covid-19 infected patients in her hospital, it is quite heartbreaking to read a page-long rant with conspiracies and other nonsense while self tapping the shoulder for being knowledgeable enough to uncover the truth behind all this.

It is difficult enough to help people to survive the infection - being told that your work is nothing more than following an orchestrated attempt to get the world in a state of panic…

:(

Meanwhile in the Brecon Beacons, police stopped a day tripper from Bristol who had decided that the coronavirus lockdown was the ideal time to climb Pen-y-Fan :mad:
Was there a likelihood that the hillwalker would not be able to avoid congregating in a group of more than two? If not, I suggest that the police were overstepping their authority.

I know this is a national emergency, and the instruction from the Government is quite clear, but there is a real danger to freedoms if the police are allowed to prevent people going about their lawful business. Either the law needs tightening, or the actions of the police need to be reigned in. What we really cannot allow is the law enforcers to become law makers.

Was there a likelihood that the hillwalker would not be able to avoid congregating in a group of more than two? If not, I suggest that the police were overstepping their authority.

I know this is a national emergency, and the instruction from the Government is quite clear, but there is a real danger to freedoms if the police are allowed to prevent people going about their lawful business. Either the law needs tightening, or the actions of the police need to be reigned in. What we really cannot allow is the law enforcers to become law makers.

If a thousand people were driving there would that be OK ?

Mike

If a thousand people were driving there would that be OK ?
I think that the comment to which you were replying answers that.

What’s your answer to my Question. ?
If a hill or park needs closing down because the danger to the public from leaving that area open is too great, then that hill or park needs to be closed down in a lawful manner. If a chief constable needs to be given the power to close down a hill or park then that chief constable needs to be given that power. But what we cannot allow is for the police to act without lawful authority.

I have only once climbed Pen-y-Fan and my recollection is that it would be far easier to maintain a 2m separation from 1000 other household groups on Pen-y-Fan than in my local park.

If a hill or park needs closing down because the danger to the public from leaving that area open is too great, then that hill or park needs to be closed down in a lawful manner. If a chief constable needs to be given the power to close down a hill or park then that chief constable needs to be given that power. But what we cannot allow is for the police to act without lawful authority.

I have only once climbed Pen-y-Fan and my recollection is that it would be far easier to maintain a 2m separation from 1000 other household groups on Pen-y-Fan than in my local park.

Let’s leave the police out of this for now. Keep it simple.

That’s clear then. So you believe it’s fine for 1000 people to travel from Bristol to the Brecon Beacons.

Agree.

My view is that the law needs to be clarified/ and tightened up on a temporary basis so that the police don't need to come in for this criticism in helping with this situation. Of course people should not be climbing mountains at this time. The mountain rescue and hospitals have better things to deal with.

Or think of it this way....

If a thousand people were in your local park with 300 dogs, kids on bikes would it be far better to travel 5miles to have less occupation/ density?

I nipped out to the Forest this morning with the dogs. Saw 7 people. I walked the dogs around the common yesterday and that figure was 150 plus..... IMG_20200329_111154(2).jpgIMG_20200328_123857.jpg

That's not what I said.

If it is lawful but unsafe it either needs to be made safe or the law needs revisiting.

Amarillo, you’re right.
We are in danger of losing our common freedom.
Some of this stuff of late is going to far and I’m worried about the direction we’re all heading...

Back