Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coronavirus Impact

How about a nice picture of Mike's beach. That would make my day! :)
(And I dare you to drive your Cali onto it Mike). ;)
Mike is not the only one who can boast of a beach on his doorstep.

IMG_2984.JPG
(Picture not of my doorstep, but outside the doorstep of Thorn Cycles in Bridgewater (the beach is mine)).

The beach we have 5 mins walk from our house...
1585570242505.png
(5 mins walk from our house on the Solway Firth, where we're not allowed to visit at the moment. Sniff. But looking forward to the time we can go there again.)

Some people have often referred to this picture as a beach on a beach ..... I really don't understand what they mean but hey-ho :oops:

EP1.jpg

View attachment 56769
(Picture not of my doorstep, but outside the doorstep of Thorn Cycles in Bridgewater (the beach is mine)).

Congratulations.

Between the three of you you’ve managed to twist any hopeful discussion on how we will come out of this into one depicting me as boasting about living near a beach.

I shall no longer be replying to any of you about anything on any thread.

In my time on this board there have been two previous episodes of such disruption. I fear this one will not go away as you gentlemen do not abuse, you just poke and twist virtually everything.

I made a decision a while ago that I would not remain silent. It was a mistake.

Good luck to you.

Mike

Congratulations.

Between the three of you you’ve managed to twist any hopeful discussion on how we will come out of this into one depicting me as boasting about living near a beach.

In my time on this board there have been two previous episodes of such disruption. I fear this one will not go away as you gentlemen do not abuse, you just poke and twist virtually everything.

Good luck to you.

Good grief!

And I thought that I was the one who misinterpreted motives. I don’t even know who the two other miscreants are.

Congratulations.

Good luck to you.

Mike

Is it time for your nap?

Mike, we haven’t had the opportunity to meet, but to me your posts are typically well judged and informative.
At this time of tension there will be moments of levity and distraction (look at all the memes flying around) as well as complete Chinese whispers on threads where they start as one topic and morph into something else.
Reading the posts I don’t believe anything was intended as a dig at you but it is clear that there are differing laws, guidelines and interpretations being put out as the situation develops. With that it is natural that there will be differences of understanding, interpretation and approach from people receiving this info and those tasked with implementing it.
In short, please don’t bail out of the forum as your input is beneficial and appreciated.

Congratulations.

Good luck to you.

Mike

Mike,

I don't know if my contribution upset you or not, if so then it was completely unintentional. Sometimes in topics of gloom and doom it is necessary to allow humour to creep in, often of the quite childish variety for I hope none of us grow old mentally, so carry on posting ....

Jen

Mike,

I don't know if my contribution upset you or not, if so then it was completely unintentional. Sometimes in topics of gloom and doom it is necessary to allow humour to creep in, often of the quite childish variety for I hope none of us grow old mentally, so carry on posting ....

Jen

It wasn’t Jen. You were supportive.

I’m reluctant to say much more as it will be twisted.

Mike

ok, back to the show everyone ..... nothing to see here ...

It's almost time for Tom @Amarillo to produce another graph and indecipherable bit of analytical modelling ....

(well indecipherable to me, My field is understanding why and when people died, not anticipating the event before it happens ..... another time a humorous anecdote about being on a Virgin Atlantic flight back from Washington to Heathrow ......)....

Mike, we haven’t had the opportunity to meet, but to me your posts are typically well judged and informative.
At this time of tension there will be moments of levity and distraction (look at all the memes flying around) as well as complete Chinese whispers on threads where they start as one topic and morph into something else.
Reading the posts I don’t believe anything was intended as a dig at you but it is clear that there are differing laws, guidelines and interpretations being put out as the situation develops. With that it is natural that there will be differences of understanding, interpretation and approach from people receiving this info and those tasked with implementing it.
In short, please don’t bail out of the forum as your input is beneficial and appreciated.

Thanks

I don’t have a problem with levity as everyone is in different circumstances and under different pressures.

Sadly its gone beyond that with some as they just disrupt making it pointless.

I shall only bail out of engagement with the obvious minority.

Mike

View attachment 56769
Very much off topic, but what the hell is that contraption on the roof? Who has the third seat and can they see past the other two?

2208e5d37eb7116779a59682a3bb4f12.jpg

Mike
It's stretching it a bit far to call that a beach.

It's stretching it a bit far to call that a beach.

It’s an estuary. The tides coming in.

Round the corner is a sandy beach, currently cordoned off to traffic.

Mike

Moderators - Do we have a children’s section?

Back