Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coronavirus Impact

Hi velma's dad, do you believe the proportionate funding in THEIR accounts, I do not, they just can't deny they don't receive it, so put in a tame amount, please see my contribution on 2010 Tamiflu, $48Billion wasted funding from stretched world health budgets (half a billion from UK alone), WHO commitee that recommended stockpiling this useless anti-viral, failed to disclose they received PERSONAL payments from said companies. I can send many references regarding this.
You seem to be one of the few interested in fact and the truth, no YAWNS, Bo=====cks etc from the sheeple.
Look clearly at the situation, how many people do you know who are ill? A colleague has had medical training in COVID/received PPE/etc in the West Midlands, the epicentre of the Armageddon virus apparently, but is still waiting for the first case! so on general wards at present. Must be lock down is working? I think not looking at the previous curves I have posted of this rate of viral infectivity
21 anti-viral agents, none effective in COVID or SIMILAR, no vaccine will be viable, so what are we doing? Flattenening the curve so NHS can cope. In India ther are 1300,000,000 people 75% have no access to healthcare (Indian Government figures 2016) 1% death rate from COVID (better than original 3.6%) and you will look at 11.3 million dead. I will hold my breath on this to see if it is true (try and do social distancing in Calcutta Mubai etc).
Last post from me, much a relief to the ignorant who deserve what they will get.

While everyone is queueing up to have their nasal swab or whatever, sent to an unknown 3rd party 'lab' for Corona (the test being used unvalidated, poor specificity/sensitivity (qv) the results of which elude me in managing this situation, but what do I know about epidemiology (study of diseases in populations which I took training in)!
Just pass on your DNA and make sure you get your Address, Date of birth and name correct. It makes microchipping the population in the future un-necessary, less invasive and foolproof, once given cannot be removed unlike a microchip.
Yawn and b*****ks. Couldn’t resist !

Hi velma's dad, do you believe the proportionate funding in THEIR accounts, I do not, they just can't deny they don't receive it, so put in a tame amount, please see my contribution on 2010 Tamiflu, $48Billion wasted funding from stretched world health budgets (half a billion from UK alone), WHO commitee that recommended stockpiling this useless anti-viral, failed to disclose they received PERSONAL payments from said companies. I can send many references regarding this.
You seem to be one of the few interested in fact and the truth, no YAWNS, Bo=====cks etc from the sheeple.
Look clearly at the situation, how many people do you know who are ill? A colleague has had medical training in COVID/received PPE/etc in the West Midlands, the epicentre of the Armageddon virus apparently, but is still waiting for the first case! so on general wards at present. Must be lock down is working? I think not looking at the previous curves I have posted of this rate of viral infectivity
21 anti-viral agents, none effective in COVID or SIMILAR, no vaccine will be viable, so what are we doing? Flattenening the curve so NHS can cope. In India ther are 1300,000,000 people 75% have no access to healthcare (Indian Government figures 2016) 1% death rate from COVID (better than original 3.6%) and you will look at 11.3 million dead. I will hold my breath on this to see if it is true (try and do social distancing in Calcutta Mubai etc).
Last post from me, much a relief to the ignorant who deserve what they will get.

While everyone is queueing up to have their nasal swab or whatever, sent to an unknown 3rd party 'lab' for Corona (the test being used unvalidated, poor specificity/sensitivity (qv) the results of which elude me in managing this situation, but what do I know about epidemiology (study of diseases in populations which I took training in)!
Just pass on your DNA and make sure you get your Address, Date of birth and name correct. It makes microchipping the population in the future un-necessary, less invasive and foolproof, once given cannot be removed unlike a microchip.
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Same old sheeple, no brains, no ability to assimilate information, no contribution to formulate counter arguments just cras comments.Just the fodder needed for control of the population. For those that voted for Boris to get out of Europe, forget it, we will be tied to the Eurobond (courtesy of our benevolent Central Banks (qv) , not Barclays etc) and have to remain for their funding. Who said democracy was dead.

Same old sheeple, no brains, no ability to assimilate information, no contribution to formulate counter arguments just cras comments.Just the fodder needed for control of the population. For those that voted for Boris to get out of Europe, forget it, we will be tied to the Eurobond (courtesy of our benevolent Central Banks (qv) , not Barclays etc) and have to remain for their funding. Who said democracy was dead.
Well I didn’t vote to get out of Europe so it can’t be me

Is your it interest in receiving wellbased information or just having nothing better to do than pass useless comments after microseconds of analysis. We are in the middle of the biggest financial catastrophy (a DEPRESSION not recession) our youngsters will not have education for months, those due to take GCSE/A levels/degrees after years of hard work to be denied this and the student loans accrued, only to find a minimum of 15-20% unemployment ensuing!
I am not living in a 2 bedroom flat in Bermondsey (S London) with 2 screaming kids and a husband out of work who can't go down the pub see his mates go to football etc. I live in an area where I can walk for miles, cycle out to the Welsh hills and receive a couple of very nice state pensions (unlike the private pensions people have paid into and lost 40%) So why do I POST, because after 40+ years of caring for people and seeing what is being done to society for the sake of the greed of the CENTRAL BANKS I do care still. Get wise there is no Armagedon virus only the threat of one, being manipulated to acheive the Central Banks/UN/WHO ends, GLOBAL GOVERNMENT.
10,000 deaths after 6 weeks! sad but not impressive. 43,000 in a matter of 3-6weeks 2015 ,47,000 in 2010 from Flu same time scale. Do you remember the BBC knocking out the daily tally then! I have worked through at least five epidemic/pandemic flu episodes over 40+ years so I have seen the effects of viral disease, at least the Corona leaves the children and pregnant women alone concentrating on the sick and elderly.

I’ve said it before but I’ll repeat.

I like your posts, I like an alternative view.

I do have a problem with conspiracy theories.

I see the experts on the daily updates and in my view they hold a genuine belief that what they are doing is right.

This is not just attacking the old and infirm.

I’ll leave it there.

Mike

I’ve said it before but I’ll repeat.

I like your posts, I like an alternative view.

I do have a problem with conspiracy theories.

I see the experts on the daily updates and in my view they hold a genuine belief that what they are doing is right.

This is not just attacking the old and infirm.

I’ll leave it there.

Mike
Docbob talks of assimilation - do we think he is the Borg? Resistance is futile.

seeing what is being done to society for the sake of the greed of the CENTRAL BANKS I do care still. Get wise there is no Armagedon virus only the threat of one, being manipulated to acheive the Central Banks/UN/WHO ends, GLOBAL GOVERNMENT.
This is really the only bit I take issue with.

The reason for the lockdown is to prevent doctors having to make the hard choice of who lives and who dies. That is the only reason or main reason. It may or may not be the right decision.

Now, I can see and understand the argument the lockdown is too bigger price to pay for potentially years and years of misery. History will decide. But the argument I cannot accept is that this is part of a big global conspiracy. That is just ridiculous.

I feel there is much in this crisis we are not party to, lots of graphs, smoke and mirrors.
I have noticed strange new cameras and sensors being put up around our roads.
I am being asked to volunteer my every movement (not those) to the state through an app........
I abide by the lockdown rules as I am scared movement less (those ones this time) about going out anywhere. I don't want to catch it nor have to explain my shopping choices to the police.
I do, however, feel that some of the conspiracy theories are not entirely without merit.
Sadly my intellect is in the 'arseholes have opinions' camp. No disrespect intended to mrdocbob1 in particular and to anyone else in general. I am not able to articulate a reasoned argument as to why I feel worried the cure might be worse than the virus. Even more concerned for the democracy we cherish being trumped using the global epidemic as cover.
It may not be a planned event but there are those who will want to take advantage, and some.

I would love to be around when the official papers are released in 25 yrs? or when ever.
Not going to happen, that is one theory I am sure of, sadly , maybe even gladly.......
Stay safe in any event.

I feel there is much in this crisis we are not party to, lots of graphs, smoke and mirrors.
I have noticed strange new cameras and sensors being put up around our roads.
I am being asked to volunteer my every movement (not those) to the state through an app........
I abide by the lockdown rules as I am scared movement less (those ones this time) about going out anywhere. I don't want to catch it nor have to explain my shopping choices to the police.
I do, however, feel that some of the conspiracy theories are not entirely without merit.
Sadly my intellect is in the 'arseholes have opinions' camp. No disrespect intended to mrdocbob1 in particular and to anyone else in general. I am not able to articulate a reasoned argument as to why I feel worried the cure might be worse than the virus. Even more concerned for the democracy we cherish being trumped using the global epidemic as cover.
It may not be a planned event but there are those who will want to take advantage, and some.

I would love to be around when the official papers are released in 25 yrs? or when ever.
Not going to happen, that is one theory I am sure of, sadly , maybe even gladly.......
Stay safe in any event.
You are not alone in having genuine concerns about this, it is the basis of the linked headline article. Others seems to think of it as trivia, which can be addressed after the event.

You are not alone in having genuine concerns about this, it is the basis of the linked headline article. Others seems to think of it as trivia, which can be addressed after the event.

Reading that article, it seemed to say that China has monitoring already (hardly surprising), Israel has great potential to do it, Russia are trying to do it but can’t make it work, and some EU countries might be interested in doing it , but can’t really decide what ‘it’ is.

The question to be asked is ‘Why?’. What does the state have to gain by monitoring me? It already knows where I’m going when I drive using ANPR. Anyone who’s used ‘Find my iPhone’ realises all the technology the state needs exists already....no need for an app.

So what is the new threat here that COVID is enabling?

Like a lot of these articles going around, it makes good copy for newspapers struggling to find things to write about, but when you strip that away, what is actually new here? It just a re-hash of a previous story.

Reading that article, it seemed to say that China has monitoring already (hardly surprising), Israel has great potential to do it, Russia are trying to do it but can’t make it work, and some EU countries might be interested in doing it , but can’t really decide what ‘it’ is.

The question to be asked is ‘Why?’. What does the state have to gain by monitoring me? It already knows where I’m going when I drive using ANPR. Anyone who’s used ‘Find my iPhone’ realises all the technology the state needs exists already....no need for an app.

So what is the new threat here that COVID is enabling?

Like a lot of these articles going around, it makes good copy for newspapers struggling to find things to write about, but when you strip that away, what is actually new here? It just a re-hash of a previous story.
It may or may not be repeating what has been said before, this does not make it any less valid. The concerns are being raised by human rights experts who are probably best placed to understand the threat.
The concern being raised, is that freedoms may be being permanently eroded during this pandemic, and that once gone they may be difficult to reinstate. The short term benefits may be far outweighed by longer term consequences.
WhI knows why. It may even be unintentional. Does it matter why? I don’t want the UK to slowly turn into some sort of 1984 state where citizens inform on each other for minor harmless transgressions, or locals offer death threats to people in vans, and entering an unfamiliar supermarket is entering a hostile environment, where the state monitors our every move and action, through mandatory apps and drones. Some other countries may have far more to fear from this than we do at the moment.
The way Donald Trump is behaving should give us all some cause for concern.
There is the ‘nothing to hide nothing to fear‘ camp, and there is the alternate view.

It may or may not be repeating what has been said before, this does not make it any less valid. The concerns are being raised by human rights experts who are probably best placed to understand the threat.
The concern being raised, is that freedoms may be being permanently eroded during this pandemic, and that once gone they may be difficult to reinstate. The short term benefits may be far outweighed by longer term consequences.
WhI knows why. It may even be unintentional. Does it matter why? I don’t want the UK to slowly turn into some sort of 1984 state where citizens inform on each other for minor harmless transgressions, or locals offer death threats to people in vans, and entering an unfamiliar supermarket is entering a hostile environment, where the state monitors our every move and action, through mandatory apps and drones. Some other countries may have far more to fear from this than we do at the moment.
The way Donald Trump is behaving should give us all some cause for concern.
There is the ‘nothing to hide nothing to fear‘ camp, and there is the alternate view.

I don’t want it either, but this virus doesn’t enable anything new, or introduce greater risk.

My point was that this article is just a copy and paste of previous fear mongering stories whenever tech and government are linked together. The fear of government monitoring has existed for decades if not centuries. Certainly the fear existed in 1948 when George Orwell put it down in his novel.

Assuming we have a say in this monitoring, if you don’t want it, don’t download the app. Assuming we do not have a say in it, it will happen anyway (if it isn’t already happening)..

I would argue you are at much more risk from using Google & Facebook than the government. Their knowledge of you is already huge and is used to influence your life, from what videos you see on your social media feeds to what companies profit from your spending.

I don’t want it either, but this virus doesn’t enable anything new, or introduce greater risk.

My point was that this article is just a copy and paste of previous fear mongering stories whenever tech and government are linked together. The fear of government monitoring has existed for decades if not centuries. Certainly the fear existed in 1948 when George Orwell put it down in his novel.

Assuming we have a say in this monitoring, if you don’t want it, don’t download the app. Assuming we do not have a say in it, it will happen anyway (if it isn’t already happening)..

I would argue you are at much more risk from using Google & Facebook than the government. Their knowledge of you is already huge and is used to influence your life, from what videos you see on your social media feeds to what companies profit from your spending.
I really don’t see it as fear mongering, I see it is just a factual account of what is happening. If we could be assured that such capabilities could and would never be abused, I still wouldn‘t like it, but maybe I wouldn’t object, however when we see how these capabilities are abused in other countries, then I think we should be cautious, and I think all such measures should have a sunset clause so that their use cannot proceed beyond the epidemic.

I agree that already we are subject to excessive monitoring, the raft of measures introduced in the name of anti terrorism are in my view excessive, when the threat posed by terrorism is relatively low.

Apple seem to be the only massive company that seriously protect our privacy. The personal data accumulated by google can be erased these days, largely because people raised concerns about its use following on from the Cambridge Analytica scandal.

Mandatory apps are used in China to track the movement and to send Uyghurs to re-education camps if they go somewhere or meet someone undesirable. I know we are not there, or anywhere near there yet, and I think we should just make sure that remains the case.

I particularly don’t like the way that individuals are turning against each other in the UK at the moment. It makes me very uncomfortable, that in the name of protecting the NHS and saving lives, we seem to have become so hostile.

I particularly don’t like the way that individuals are turning against each other in the UK at the moment. It makes me very uncomfortable, that in the name of protecting the NHS and saving lives, we seem to have become so hostile.
That's not my experience and I am here living it not observing from another country.
I am seeing more empathy, friendship and people wanting to help and talk to neighbours and strangers alike than I have ever seen.
Quite humbling and heartwarming.

I go to work my van is tracked,I use google I’m targeted with ads, anpr cameras follow the location of where I go on roads cctv monitors large areas of the country and I accept this as I don’t have anything to hide. If the government bring out an app that assists with tracking covid 19 alongside the social distance policies that are in place I have no problem with that as it helps us to track and ultimately get on top of the virus as social distancing alone will not work.

I can see in some countries that this is going to be a longer term problem as some of those in power will not want to relinquish that.

Have an independent body set up alongside the tracking apps that are being developed for covid 19 that have the power to turn off the these apps when no longer required therefore removing the risk of these long lasting measures.

That's not my experience and I am here living it not observing from another country.
I am seeing more empathy, friendship and people wanting to help and talk to neighbours and strangers alike than I have ever seen.
Quite humbling and heartwarming.
That’s good news, and it’s true that I have been looking at it from the perspective of somebody who lives in their van. This community have not been so fortunate.

Perhaps some light entertainment needed to show absurdity of current situation. I have taken a leaf out of the BBC programming and will give a 'thought(s) for the day' courtesy of Radio 4 news

'An MPand Policemen were arrested in a bar in Kenya breaking the lockdown where they have had 9 Covid deaths'
Population Kenya 53 million, daily murder rate 9! no wonder they went down the pub.Hardly world news!!!!!

As Trump says about America getting back to work, Italy and Austria opening some shops WHO are to 'recommend we wear face masks in public'
They must think their pandemic isn't been taken seriously enough.
Size of Corona 0.000,000,030m (thirty nanometers) If you want to filter out viruses even High Efficiency Particulate Filters struggle (HEPA)
Try putting one of those on your face!!
As you breathe around the paper masks not through them as there is no face seal you now need to put it in a respirator. Oh, and as Corona like many viruses access through the surface of eye and down tear duct a pair of googles also!!
I guess WHO used the same researchers as they did for Tamiflu

If we're onto random international news, here's another one. (Own goal?):

This guy had a bad day too
:)

This guy had a bad day too
:)
Having worked with the French (in a health and safety role on the high speed channel tunnel railwayline) I can understand their indepth risk assessment. A terrifying buch to work with. Trainers instead of Toetectors, wine at lunchtime ,despite no alcolhol rule, as they were installing high tension cabling!

Back