Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coronavirus Impact

I don't trust a word @Borris says over this , nobody can know for certain. Look at China, even though they are on decline they are still in lockdown as there could be risk of second wave

I’m 65 next month. I ride a 214 bhp motorcycle and I drink more than I probably should (not at the same time, I hasten to add) so my chances of living to a ripe old age are probably slim. Ain’t no virus gonna keep me at home.
It’s not just about you. It’s social responsibility to keep pressure off the nhs so they have enough healthy people to care for those who are badly affected and enough intensive care beds and ventilators. We have to STAY AT HOME to flatten the curve.

I don't trust a word @Borris says over this , nobody can know for certain. Look at China, even though they are on decline they are still in lockdown as there could be risk of second wave

China’s apparent elimination of this virus from within its borders is truly remarkable. No confirmed new cases yesterday other than imports by returning citizens.

However, China has a quota driven system of government, and if zero was the target set, we should be suspicious of that target being met: doctors might be terrified of breaching that target by reporting a case.

It’s not just about you. It’s social responsibility to keep pressure off the nhs so they have enough healthy people to care for those who are badly affected and enough intensive care beds and ventilators. We have to STAY AT HOME to flatten the curve.
What good are intensive care beds and ventilators if the doctors and nurses follow your advice and STAY AT HOME. Get real.

It will be over in 12 weeks. We just don't know what date to start counting those 12 weeks from.

The current strategy is causing more harm than good.

It’s time to close everything down.
Maybe even close the supermarkets and have them do ratio parcel drops to households.
Don’t get me wrong, there will be some people that will need to keep working to carry out these essentials, but they should be tested over and over as much as possible to ensure they don’t distribute the virus.

3/4 weeks of self isolation could kill this thing off completely in our country.

He was clearly attempting to give some sort of timescale after several days of ramping up the warnings whilst at the same time encouraging people to follow the guidelines.
Turning the tide to me was an attempt to give a time when the peak was hit. Clearly this peak is going to vary throughout the country, starting in London.

Mike

You're right. My wife didn't believe me either when I said I might fix the kitchen tap today..........and she was right as well, I'm not. I'm decorating and it will have to wait.

What good are intensive care beds and ventilators if the doctors and nurses follow your advice and STAY AT HOME. Get real.
Ermmm context! Us staying at home and freeing up those emergency workers is exactly what we need to do. As far as I’m aware camping is not an essential service

Ermmm context! Us staying at home and freeing up those emergency workers is exactly what we need to do. As far as I’m aware camping is not an essential service
Who said anything about camping? How do you know I’m not a doctor and a nurse, or an emergency worker, or someone who works in a petrol station so they can get to work, or a bus driver so they can get to work, or a tyre fitter?

We mustn't lose the ability to smile/laugh in these difficult times.

I am meant to be meeting friends for a cycle at 10:30 tomorrow.
I’m really not sure...?
I know I shouldn’t, but on the other hand. My company says I’m a core worker and therefore as the entire institution closes, it’s deemed fit that I still attend work to keep things ticking over...
the way I see this is that we can’t eliminate risk of Covid-19 spread but we can limit it and on that basis you should not go for yr bike ride. Also you acknowledge that you shouldn’t go, sorry, so don’t!

The current strategy is causing more harm than good.

It’s time to close everything down.
Maybe even close the supermarkets and have them do ratio parcel drops to households.
Don’t get me wrong, there will be some people that will need to keep working to carry out these essentials, but they should be tested over and over as much as possible to ensure they don’t distribute the virus.

3/4 weeks of self isolation could kill this thing off completely in our country.
Prisoners begging to help build their prison. You are witnessing a patsy man made virus being used as warfare against the global masses. While the hysteria spins with the media fed by the government to inflame public panic the government introduce legislation to erode civil liberties with legislation not even debated or voted on in parliament.

Prisoners begging to help build their prison. You are witnessing a patsy man made virus being used as warfare against the global masses. While the hysteria spins with the media fed by the government to inflame public panic the government introduce legislation to erode civil liberties with legislation not even debated or voted on in parliament.
I recognise each word you have used but fail to understand the context in which you have used them.

But what's your best guess Borris?
All I can tell you is we, that is human kind, will get past this deeply disturbing episode. All things come to an end!

And to prove it, here is a photograph that may be of interest. It was taken in June 1919 and features my ancestral family gathered outside my paternal great grandparent's house on the Romney Marsh in Kent.

20200315_195728.jpg

Why was it taken? Apparently as a mark of thanks giving following both the Great War and the truly dreadful Spanish Flu Pandemic that killed more than the war itself. My Great Grandparents are seated in the center with their eight sons, seven daughters and issue gathered around them. When so many had died in both the war and the following pandemic my family was remarkable for being the largest surviving family in Kent that were relatively untouched by both events. My Grandfather (third from the right, rear row) was injured in WW1 and had mental health issues for the rest of his life but he too survived. The photo was taken before a large party held to mark the occasion.

Another thing worth bearing in mind is that that was before the age of benefits so if anyone fell ill then they were really stuck.

I'm really not trying to make light of the current awful situation that we all find ourselves in. Many people have died already and there's no end in sight but an end there will be for sure.

All I can tell you is we, that is human kind, will get past this deeply disturbing episode. All things come to an end!

And to prove it, here is a photograph that may be of interest. It was taken in June 1919 and features my ancestral family gathered outside my paternal great grandparent's house on the Romney Marsh in Kent.

View attachment 56348

Why was it taken? Apparently as a mark of thanks giving following both the Great War and the truly dreadful Spanish Flu Pandemic that killed more than the war itself. My Great Grandparents are seated in the center with their eight sons, seven daughters and issue gathered around them. When so many had died in both the war and the following pandemic my family was remarkable for being the largest surviving family in Kent that were relatively untouched by both events. My Grandfather (second from the right, rear row) was injured in WW1 and had mental health issues for the rest of his life but he too survived. The photo was taken before a large party held to mark the occasion.

Another thing worth bearing in mind is that that was before the age of benefits so if anyone fell ill then they were really stuck.

I'm really not trying to make light of the current awful situation that we all find ourselves in. Many people have died already and there's no end in sight but an end there will be for sure.

Looked and looked but I can't see you in that photo Borris. :Grin

Seriously though, I completely share your sentiment.

Seeing that kitchen roll and face tissues appear to be getting bought as an alternative to loo roll, I foresee the next shortage will be getting a plumber to clear blocked drains!

just clean up in the shower with soap & water if it gets that bad!

Back