Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Discounts

Hantshog

Hantshog

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi, can anyone confirm whether they have recently achieved an 8 or 9% discount of their new van order? If so from what dealer?
Thanks

Thanks, I have followed that link with interest for a while but I was hoping for a current reply stating what discount was achieved from what dealer. I would be very interested to understand where those 24 votes achieved 9%.

I think you would probably find that in most cases people would workout the discount they could get from an online broker such as Drive The Deal then use that as a negotiating tool. Some then got an extra amount say 1% ish due to finance and then a loyalty bonus which were available which worked out to about 2%.
What I'm trying to say is you have to look at market conditions and what is available now. Anything else is history and not necessarily available now, it might be but might not. All you can do is get your facts together and negotiate.
Good luck. Lots seem to like Guy at Preston.
Good hunting

Mike

Hi, can anyone confirm whether they have recently achieved an 8 or 9% discount of their new van order? If so from what dealer?
Thanks
On one related thread there was a recent comment stating that the Cali can no longer be found on drive the deal. With demand being so high for calis I don't know if the typical 8 / 9% is still being offered but that is what I would push hard for (don't forget to make sure the discount applies to optional extras as well). And be prepared to walk away and try another dealer. However also consider what you actually need and what you would accept for example the difference between 7.5% and 8% discount may only be a few hundred £ (depending on your spec obviously).

This could be the time of year when orders slow down and this may work in your favour so go in high. Hopefully some members who have recently ordered will provide some up to date info.

I know it's been discussed before, but going in on the last working day of the month with a definite spec, what I'm prepared to pay and an offer of an immediate deposit proved a valuable negotiating tool for me. As Mike said though things will always be heavily influenced by prevailing market conditions at the time.

Thanks all for your advice. Anyone know when the VW financial year end is? I mean end of September is end of half one where I work and there's a real push to close out a great first half 1. I hope it's the same for VW commercial which means possibly a good deal to be had.

I think it's a dangerous line to walk. The build times are soooo long at the moment I wouldn't hang around a couple of weeks to squeeze more discount. Just go to a dealer who wants to sell. Guy at preston will give you a good deal. There are others that will be recommended too but my experience is only through Guy. If you can try and avoid the April 2017 VED charges I would.

Hi, in my research on prices I came to the conclusion that discount will differ from the same dealer. For example, mine did once offer a Drive the Deal offer but as sales and availability changed so did their ability to offer that deal. Stated percentages on the Forum may not have been worked out by people in the same manner ie some may comment pre VAT and other post VAT. Some may include £750 cashback in their calculation knowing they will pay off finance asap and achieve a close to £750 saving. I got my discount on the pre VAT cost of the vehicle and all factory fitted options. As stated earlier in the thread, the VED change is significant and may be more over 5 years than the odd percentage. Good hunting.