Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric Roof fault code : Ignition on? Vehicle Stationary?

V

Vincent Hack

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello,
I'm converting a VW tranporter Van into a VW california Ocean. I bought the whole interior incl roof, etc of a collision vehicle. Currently I need to get the electric roof working. I fixed the ignition signal in the panel. Now I get a new message. The panel gives me the following message : Ignition on? Vehicle Stationary? I think it has to do with the J285 sensor in the dash panel. That one is not connected and I don't know what the function is. Maybe vehicle "not moving". Does anybody know what the message means or info on the sensor?

For the time being I can also connect directly to the electric motor of the roof unit, but cannot find info on the motor. Can you directly put 12 volt to the motor to open and close the roof?

Hello,
I'm converting a VW tranporter Van into a VW california Ocean. I bought the whole interior incl roof, etc of a collision vehicle. Currently I need to get the electric roof working. I fixed the ignition signal in the panel. Now I get a new message. The panel gives me the following message : Ignition on? Vehicle Stationary? I think it has to do with the J285 sensor in the dash panel. That one is not connected and I don't know what the function is. Maybe vehicle "not moving". Does anybody know what the message means or info on the sensor?

For the time being I can also connect directly to the electric motor of the roof unit, but cannot find info on the motor. Can you directly put 12 volt to the motor to open and close the roof?
I’m not an Autoelectrician, but the California roof is powered by the Leisure Batteries BUT requires the Ignition On as a safety feature to prevent accidental use of the Roof control.

This VW document might help, if you haven’t already found it.

Attachments

• t5_tech-manual.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 58