Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Eskdale Meet April 2016

I know , but i see some people seem to talk about a big meet ....so my guess was they saw thisone as it is the same weekend...

Got my leave confirmed...... Booked in for 15th and 16th. See you there!

Steve and Norma

We are probably going to the Gloucester meet now as it is nearer, how do I take myself off the list?

Just booked today too, hopefully the lakes will be all rained out by then. Nice to head over there again, great site and nice pubs for all the family on the doorstep.

We are all booked, as for the pricing I rang and spoke to a very nice lady who explained non caravan and camping club members that it would be £21.35per night that's for a van and two people and for members CCC it would be £15.80 per night for van and two adults, hope this helps.
we've had our van a year but have been unable due to commitments to attend any get togethers but We now have two booked both this and the second date of the official one, looking forward to meeting you all !!!!

We have just booked too , are we all in the same area together? Looks to be a good turn out

We have just booked too , are we all in the same area together? Looks to be a good turn out
When i booked I asked that and was told if you tell them your with the club that they would do there best to put us all together!!

Booked in for the 15th-16th and looking forward to seeing everyone there. Just a few non-electric pitches left.

The other event taking place on the site the same weekend is Eskdale Dubfest http://www.hollinsfarmcampsite.co.uk/eskdale-dubfest.html.
Glad to see the growing numbers!
The link above is the same event, or to be correct, the event we are tagging on to.

The same campsite seems to have a couple of different aliases - I guess to reflect the fact that it's not your typical C&CC site - not least as caravans aren't allowed. It's rather more relaxed than most too, and attract a crowd more associated with a privately owned site.

Spoke to Martyn at eskdale today anybody who as booked needs to let him know if they are coming with owners club so he can try and get pitches together

Just got excited about attending this event but it's fully booked. Hey ho, we'll meet you all at a different location hopefully.

We tried to book last week but told it is is fully sold out, guess we will try and make the Gloucester meet instead so long as that's not sold out!

Just tried to book this meet and it is fully booked !!! Shame we did not get any warning

This meet was not organised by us otherwise you would of had a notification.

We also tried to book this, it sold out at the end of last year by the sound of it, low ticket warnings would be nice

low ticket warnings would be nice
Just tried to book this meet and it is fully booked !!! Shame we did not get any warning

So I opened this post in September (5 months ago) for a meet that will take place in 2 months from now. It clearly states that we are just tagging along to an existing meet.
Ewan kindly mentioned in January that only a few pitches were left.
As I don't have access to the C&CC's mainframe booking system (and I have a life trying to earn some money in the off-season), I don't think your expectations are fair.
Owners new to the 'scene' should note that most VW shows sell-out for camping, so you need to make your plans and commit as they pop up.

There is a very nice site at Ravenglass (C&CC) with a short walk to a tourist train that brings you to short walk of the Eskdale site where this event is taking place. Both sites are owned by the same guy, so I'm sure you'd be welcomed as a day visitor if booked at Ravenglass.

Anyone got a ticket for sale for this meet please PM me

Anyone got a ticket for sale for this meet please PM me
Adam, if you contact Martin at the Eskdale site, you may be able to join a waiting list for the whole event, rather than waiting for a Cali owner to cancel.

I also tried to book this meeting but nobody ever answered the phone, when I did get through i was informed 'your too late luv, try again next year'

Ho-hum!

IMPORTANT POST FOR THOSE ATTENDING

Could I ask all those attending (and booked...as it is full) on this meet, drop me a pm with the surname they've made their booking under. This is so the site owners can ATTEMPT to get us in a similar area.
Please include in your pm whether you'd like to attend a group pub meal on the Saturday evening. I imagine this meal is best taken early (in anticipation of crowds and music later) but feel free to add thoughts and ideas.

The forum's page is showing 18 attendees, but the site only have our 'club' recorded against 7 of their bookings, so we just need to give them some help in getting us all together. The missing names probably booked through the website so were unable to record a 'club'.

Personally I'd be equally cool with us all being mixed-up but I felt there might be an expectation to be together, hence the request.

Further details: As mentioned on the original post, this is an informal meet - from both the forum's and the site's perspective. It's not Busfest, just a group of similar minded folk with a shared interest in VW vans.

The main entertainment is still the mountains, the miniature railway, the pubs etc. There are butty vans attending for breakfast, and Segway hire is available (probably faster than my van.....). The pubs are putting on music.

If any attendees have ideas for, and wish to organise any additional activities, do let me know.

IMPORTANT POST FOR THOSE ATTENDING

Could I ask all those attending (and booked...as it is full) on this meet, drop me a pm with the surname they've made their booking under. This is so the site owners can ATTEMPT to get us in a similar area.
Please include in your pm whether you'd like to attend a group pub meal on the Saturday evening. I imagine this meal is best taken early (in anticipation of crowds and music later) but feel free to add thoughts and ideas.

The forum's page is showing 18 attendees, but the site only have our 'club' recorded against 7 of their bookings, so we just need to give them some help in getting us all together. The missing names probably booked through the website so were unable to record a 'club'.

Personally I'd be equally cool with us all being mixed-up but I felt there might be an expectation to be together, hence the request.

Further details: As mentioned on the original post, this is an informal meet - from both the forum's and the site's perspective. It's not Busfest, just a group of similar minded folk with a shared interest in VW vans.

The main entertainment is still the mountains, the miniature railway, the pubs etc. There are butty vans attending for breakfast, and Segway hire is available (probably faster than my van.....). The pubs are putting on music.

If any attendees have ideas for, and wish to organise any additional activities, do let me know.
G