Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France in August?

If I go on holidays abroad, I don't have to meet people.
If I go to work everyday, I meet people everyday.

Going on holidays is much safer for me than going to work.

(going shopping for food is equal here or elsewhere, so this doesn't count)

And yet I am restricted for going on holidays in another country.

Where is the logic?
The logic is straight forward. You are an individual and in any country the Government's policy must be for the majority. Any Policy will not impact everyone equally, you win some you lose some - that's life.

Work is more important at this time than an a holiday in another country.
So going to work and have more risk to get ill an die is more important than living?

I won't stop you from working. I would like to live before I die.

If I go on holidays abroad, I don't have to meet people.
If I go to work everyday, I meet people everyday.

Going on holidays is much safer for me than going to work.

(going shopping for food is equal here or elsewhere, so this doesn't count)

And yet I am restricted for going on holidays in another country.

Where is the logic?
The problem now coming to the forefront is that there as a high risk of Travellers, holidaymakers, picking up a new Variant of Covid and bringing it back into the UK.

Not all Countries are monitoring the possibilities of mutations with anything like the level that the UK is.

The UK has a collaboration between the Wellcome trust and 16 Universities (with ~complete geographical coverage). This enables us here in the UK to carry out around 50% of the world’s genomic sequencing. If a variant arrives or mutates in the UK we will know about it. Other countries haven’t got a clue. Wales, for example, carried out more genomic sequencing tests last week than France has done since the start of the pandemic.

France may be great for summer Cali trips but less great at investment in Universities and particularly science and research.

Well it seems France has reversed the previous decision and now allows tourists from a wide range of countries as long as you are a) vaccinated, and b) have a negative test. The 48 hour window for UK testing and seems to be back to 72 hours as well?

Crazy way of managing things with a flip-flop approach, but there you go.

hard to keep up with the Rules which have no consistent logic.

hard to keep up with the Rules which have no consistent logic.

The penny has dropped, Merde les englais viennent Avec Leur argent

Cripes!
We aren’t going abroad. I cancelled tunnel and Spain ferry last week. If it had been similar rules and regulations as last year we would have gone to France to be honest. It’s just the highlight of my year. Those two weeks of joyful sun and eating outside, and my young kids love ice cream and swimming pools.
We will try and have a good week camping in Dorset and a week in a house in Norfolk, but it won’t be the same. Selfish perhaps.

Cripes!
We aren’t going abroad. I cancelled tunnel and Spain ferry last week. If it had been similar rules and regulations as last year we would have gone to France to be honest. It’s just the highlight of my year. Those two weeks of joyful sun and eating outside, and my young kids love ice cream and swimming pools.
We will try and have a good week camping in Dorset and a week in a house in Norfolk, but it won’t be the same. Selfish perhaps.
No you are absolutely NOT selfish..Probably 95% of people that buy a camper van want to go abroad.Wether it’s France or Spain or anywhere else South of the UK its normally consistently warmer and rain free. we have been doing it on both motorbike and camper for the past 20 years. We have now completely lost 2 years we can’t get back. if you are in your 40s or 50s you have lots of years ahead. If you are in your 70s you haven’t...

from June 9th (could change at any time) the 'Jab' requirement.

From 9 June onwards, tourist traffic between France and foreign countries will be reopened under procedures which vary depending on the health situation in the other country and the vaccination status of travellers.
Countries have been classified on the basis of health indicators. The country lists are liable to be adjusted depending on changes in their epidemic situations (the lists can be found here: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/deplacements).
The United Kingdom is currently in the "Amber" category
Travellers wishing to go abroad must find out in advance about any restrictions imposed by the destination countries (find out more here: www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs). You are strongly advised not to travel to “red” countries.
France accepts the vaccines recognized by the European Medicines Agency (EMA): Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson.
Proof of vaccination is valid only if it shows that the full course of the vaccine has been administered, i.e.:
  • 2 weeks after the 2nd injection for two-dose vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca);
  • 4 weeks after the injection for single-dose vaccines (Johnson & Johnson) ;
  • 2 weeks after the vaccine for people who have previously had COVID-19 (only 1 injection needed).
PNG

Last edited:
from June 9th (could change at any time) the 'Jab' requirement.

From 9 June onwards, tourist traffic between France and foreign countries will be reopened under procedures which vary depending on the health situation in the other country and the vaccination status of travellers.
Countries have been classified on the basis of health indicators. The country lists are liable to be adjusted depending on changes in their epidemic situations (the lists can be found here: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/deplacements).
The United Kingdom is currently in the "Amber" category
Travellers wishing to go abroad must find out in advance about any restrictions imposed by the destination countries (find out more here: www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs). You are strongly advised not to travel to “red” countries.
France accepts the vaccines recognized by the European Medicines Agency (EMA): Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson.
Proof of vaccination is valid only if it shows that the full course of the vaccine has been administered, i.e.:
  • 2 weeks after the 2nd injection for two-dose vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca);
  • 4 weeks after the injection for single-dose vaccines (Johnson & Johnson) ;
  • 2 weeks after the vaccine for people who have previously had COVID-19 (only 1 injection needed).
In the document you are citing as a reference it is written this (French text translation) :

The case of the United Kingdom

Since May 31, 2021 midnight, strengthening of health measures for travelers moving to France from the United Kingdom, faced with the development of the so-called "Indian" variant:

Compelling reasons will be required for foreign nationals outside the European Union who are not resident in France and come to France from the United Kingdom;

A PCR or antigen test of less than 48 hours will be required from anyone coming to France from the United Kingdom;

Upon arrival, travelers will be required to observe a 7-day isolation period. For the moment, given the low incidence of Covid in Great Britain, the systematic home control system will not be applied to them.

In the document you are citing as a reference it is written this (French text translation) :

The case of the United Kingdom

Since May 31, 2021 midnight, strengthening of health measures for travelers moving to France from the United Kingdom, faced with the development of the so-called "Indian" variant:

Compelling reasons will be required for foreign nationals outside the European Union who are not resident in France and come to France from the United Kingdom;

A PCR or antigen test of less than 48 hours will be required from anyone coming to France from the United Kingdom;

Upon arrival, travelers will be required to observe a 7-day isolation period. For the moment, given the low incidence of Covid in Great Britain, the systematic home control system will not be applied to them.
Taken from French Embassy Site for merely as stated the Covid Jab requirements from 9th June. Test requirements also changed from then.

Taken from French Embassy Site for merely as stated the Covid Jab requirements from 9th June. Test requirements also changed from then.
Exact. The translation came directly from the documents cited in reference, which are therefore no longer relevant. But it seems that a PCR test is still required.
d29ac3e3eed32bc0-ef76a.jpg

Exact. The translation came directly from the documents cited in reference, which are therefore no longer relevant. But it seems that a PCR test is still required.
View attachment 79641
yes PCR now back to 72 hours from 48 hours and looks like self test with negative confirmation will be accepted on 48 hour time basis. and no quarantine needed if all criteria met.
As usual a case of watch this space.

I kept clear of that area as I only updated on the Covid vaccination aspect now being accepted for travel.

I feel quite put out as the OP now reading about you all going when I’ve cancelled!!
Slightly selfish (of me)!

Just got booked an earlier second jab and so have a two week window to be in France in between becoming ‘fully vaccinated’ and getting back in time to isolate for the start of school.

Still expecting lots to change but feels slightly more possible at the moment.

Still have to do the Covid test on way out and back then 2 after return including isolation.
Hoping isolation and test requirements change on July update.

Just got booked an earlier second jab and so have a two week window to be in France in between becoming ‘fully vaccinated’ and getting back in time to isolate for the start of school.

Still expecting lots to change but feels slightly more possible at the moment.
We are doing exactly the same. Second jab next Monday, off to France as soon as the schools break up. Can't wait to escape!

I know we need to test and isolate, but we think it is worth it.

Still have to do the Covid test on way out and back then 2 after return including isolation.
Hoping isolation and test requirements change on July update.
Yes. Will probably be three tests after return as part of test to release, based on current understanding.

Yes. Will probably be three tests after return as part of test to release, based on current understanding.
Worry now is with UK's rising R number France will revert to essential travel again or require 7 day isolation plus a test.

My current test costing is free one for France entry, 54 Euro one to get back to UK then isolate with 2 £99 tests per person.

My current test costing is free one for France entry, 54 Euro one to get back to UK then isolate with 2 £99 tests per person.
Could you please let me know who you are looking at for these 3 sets of tests? Thank you.

Looked on French Covid Test sites to get locations and cost. Might be different cost when getting a test as what can be found online isn't always accurate. Prepaid UK cost was based on search for postal tests as unable to use cheaper options due to having to isolate at home.
You must have proof of purchase of tbe 2 tests before exiting UK.

Flying packages are including cheaper test options but not applicable to Cali travelers.