Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France in August?

What a sad person you are that you have to continually, repeatedly, put down a female engineer. Over and over again.
I hope you have a happy life and learn to respect successful members of the opposite sex.
@calikev @Martin
Confused with that, no offence was meant.

Calling me a sad person isn't really called for, is it?
either from a male engineer or a female one.

Yes, that seems to be the case. My point was that cases of Beta relative to France are on an island in the Indian ocean, many thousands of miles from Europe. I cannot see why or how that would affect the UK.
I don't believe that is true. According to GISAID, In the past 4 weeks European France returned a beta case rate of 3.4% (108 cases). The island of Reunion is reported separately by GISAID.

Spain returned 9% (173 cases) in the last 4 weeks. But this seems to be relatively new about a third of their infections have been in the past 4 weeks.

UK by comparison has had 4 Beta cases in the last 4 weeks.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Agree. I got really upset reading that post, he might have made
it up.

I only want to read about fluffy bunnies and stuff.
Oh let’s all talk about fluffy bunnies and not what’s really happening in the world. I’ve lost someone close because of the downright incompetence..Is that toned down enough.

I don't believe that is true. According to GISAID, In the past 4 weeks European France returned a beta case rate of 3.4% (108 cases). The island of Reunion is reported separately by GISAID.

Spain returned 9% (173 cases) in the last 4 weeks. But this seems to be relatively new about a third of their infections have been in the past 4 weeks.

UK by comparison has had 4 Beta cases in the last 4 weeks.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Oh let’s all talk about fluffy bunnies and not what’s really happening in the world. I’ve lost someone close because of the downright incompetence..Is that toned down enough.
Sorry for your loss

Forgive me if I don't trust a newspaper report. Here are the statistics lifted from the GISAID site. Reunion has reported 29 Beta cases in 4 weeks. Even if the French are double counting and reporting the Reunion numbers as their own, 29 is nowhere near the majority of 108.

So the statement
"Gisaid, a website that tracks Covid variants, says the Beta variant represents 3.4% of cases in France with the majority on Réunion."

by the Guardian is factually inaccurate.

CountryTotal #Beta GH/501Y.V2 (B.1.351)#Beta GH/501Y.V2 (B.1.351) in past 4 weeks%Beta GH/501Y.V2 (B.1.351) in past 4 weeks
France
2,149​
108​
3.8​
United Kingdom
812​
4​
0​
Spain
588​
173​
9​
Reunion
400​
29​
30.9​
French Guiana
2​
0​
0​

I'm going to stop posting on this discussion after this post, since we just have to agree to differ. I have lived in France for a very long time, and I know the reality of the situation here. Apparently this scenario known as dead cat politics.

So with the latest COVID sing-show travel rules, the one piece of the jigsaw I’m missing is, what does one do if a positive test result occurs at the 72hour test in France prior to re-entry into the UK?

Isolation and re-test?

I typed sh*t-show not sing-show!!

So with the latest COVID sing-show travel rules, the one piece of the jigsaw I’m missing is, what does one do if a positive test result occurs at the 72hour test in France prior to re-entry into the UK?

Isolation and re-test?

Yes

I am in Portugal and will take a test this Thursday prior to flying to U.K. on Saturday. Fingers crossed.

What is the minimum retest period?

We are taking some of the free NHS LFT with us. We will use these 72 hours from return. If negative then we will use the paid LFT tests as our proof.

Last edited:
We are taking some of the free NHS LFT with us. We will use these 72 hours from return. If negative then we will use the paid LFT tests as our proof.
If positive on the NHS Free Lateral, what then?

2 & 8 day Tests plus 10 day quarantine now required after UK return.

Quarantine requirement now means that my Version 5 ferry Booking will become version 6 but when??

Hang on. I’m confused. You can’t travel from France without a negative test. If you’ve tested negative then surely no quarantine is required?

I have NHS friends who’ve had negative PCR tests after being pinged. They still have to isolate/quarantine.
I think it’s partly to do with incubation period.

Hang on. I’m confused. You can’t travel from France without a negative test. If you’ve tested negative then surely no quarantine is required?
NO
Heres todays (19/7/21) rules!

Returning to the UK
France is on the amber list for entering England. From 19 July anyone arriving from France to England must continue to quarantine for 10 days at home or in other accommodation, even if they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Check what you must do to enter England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

Negative test result to get back into UK followed by 10 days quarantine with 2 & 8 day PCR Tests. Regardless if jabbed or not.

2 & 8 day Tests plus 10 day quarantine now required after UK return.
After we have spent some time in France we are then going to other European countries, for 10 days, and then return from Hook of Holland. Therefore no self isolation required as returning to UK more than 10 days after leaving France.

It was all changed very late on Friday night by Shapps.

After we have spent some time in France we are then going to other European countries, for 10 days, and then return from Hook of Holland. Therefore no self isolation required as returning to UK more than 10 days after leaving France.
Yes just the pre sailing PCR and the 2 day PCR after return as was the case with France pre the 19th.

As with France any country can change rapidly, just to keep uncertainty rife.

With UK figures ramping up UK may end up on the majority of Red Listings by other Countries.