Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Gloucestershire Meet April 20th - 22nd

Much more quiter than prevoius mornig ....wonder where all those pop-tops gone;)
Still no rain since that thunderstorm on sathurday so made very good choise to stay the extra night , we will heading of also soon to wander arround to the south-west coast , ending our first few days and the meet in the UK and staying arround until the 1st May.

Lovely to see you both again and thank you very much for coming and also for making the badges.
Hope your wanderings around the South West coast are fun and the weather holds up for you.
See you both again soon.

Simon & Helen

Thanks to Simon and Martin for organising the meet, it was great meeting new faces and many thanks to those who sponsored Chris for his paddle next week.
Thank you Loz for re-programming our van- everything works great. It was a real pleasure to meet Chris- no wonder you’re so proud of him. We’ll follow his progress with interest next weekend.
The weather helped us to chat to more people than on previous meets and the location was superb. Sincere thanks to Simon, Martin, Kev and Nick for all your hard work.

Thanks to Simon and Martin for organising the meet, it was great meeting new faces and many thanks to those who sponsored Chris for his paddle next week.
Hi Loz
Not quite sure where all the time went over the weekend as we didn't manage to stop by. We did see Chris on the canal however just before we got rather wet on our bikes! All good wishes for next week and a pleasure to help the cause with a few pounds.
See you next time. Rik

Our first meet but definitely not our last...
Thank you everyone for a great weekend. Hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes, Brendan & Sue.

Every time I think I've got my head around remembering so many real names even more people come along! So if I called anyone by their forum name I apologise ;) lol

Sad I didnt get chance to say hello and we really hoped to chat about paddle boarding too this really appeals to us.

Thanks to everyone for making our first meet and our first trip so good... We had a great time... Checking the diary now to see if we can make the Yorkshire trip in June!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Our turn for blanket thanks to all for a really great weekend, I'm just sorry that there are still so many posting here that I didn't get to meet - the storm didn't help of course.
Lots of tips for Lynda & I as newbies, in particular from @Docsu @Spud our next door neighbours, @briwy @Toot-toot ( almost but not quite a business transaction but a pleasure chatting with you) and @Jabberwocky ( and some delicious cake made by Terri)
A big up to Simon & Martin for organising this, I know there were others who helped so thanks to you too!
And gifts too - @hotel california lovely to meet you both and enjoy Cornwall, you'll love it ! And thank you Wim for the badges, wash liquid and an appropriate key ring for this cycling enthusiast :thumb
And @MattBW your bottle opener gift was timely as we had forgotten to put one in the cutlery drawer.
A few of us flew the flag in the Tudor Arms pub on Sunday evening our ourselves, @Docsu , and Mr & Mrs @briwy under the Team name "Hotel California" coming a creditable 3rd in the Quiz :)
I have to say, and hopefully not offending anyone, I had not envisaged going to "meets" as being a feature of owning a Cali and this one off was to learn and absorb tips and ideas - it really won't be a one off now . It was an utter pleasure to meet and be amongst like minded people with a shared interest and passion, so, if dates are free we will be there again and hopefully meet more of you.
All the best
Bill

Thanks from JudeT & me for a great first Cali meet. Everyone was very friendly, helpful & informative to a couple of newbies, I think we think we got away with our naivety!
Don't mention the tin opener! (Or the fact we never had one either.... );)

Every time I think I've got my head around remembering so many real names even more people come along! So if I called anyone by their forum name I apologise ;) lol
Sorry we never got to meet Matt, although I must have been standing next to you in the shelter when the bottle openers were going round! I think we need bigger name badges next time! :D

Sorry we never got to meet Matt, although I must have been standing next to you in the shelter when the bottle openers were going round! I think we need bigger name badges next time! :D

Ha the tin opener reminds me to go & find it otherwise there will be no beans next time we are out!

Sorry we never got to meet Matt, although I must have been standing next to you in the shelter when the bottle openers were going round! I think we need bigger name badges next time!

If you didn’t get a bottle opener send me a DM with your address and I’ll pop one in the post . Whilst stocks lasts though, as they were unexpectedly popular.

Oh and don’t try and open beans with it you maybe disappointed bottles only sadly :)
It’s a good idea for another time though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our thanks to Simon, Martin, et al for organizing the excellent meeting and the great weather (not that I am complaining about Devon snow :(). The Coleman event shelters made for a great meeting place that will hopefully be repeated at future meetings. Great to see familiar faces and many new ones, just wish my memory was up to it!!

:thanks

Oh and those curious on how those badges got made....

I can do it faster than in the vid. using both hands instead of holding my Iphone , but still took me a while to make them.
Gave a bag to @Vale46 to hand out at the comming meets , don't sell 'm all on Ebay Kev;)
@Kmann , wil be making a new bag to hand out at the Denmark meet

It was not a torture machine @El Greco ;)

@motacyclist , i like your new avatar picture where did you get thatone ....?
;)

There was some guy at the meet giving them out. Didn’t you get one?

Also some shampoo in a little bottle, but it seems to be making my hair fall out! ;)

Hair is falling out also here ...i don't mind doh!

Woke up by a rainshower here at St-Ives campsite but the sun does ot best to push the clouds aside.
Be having a light breakfast and packing up to head back on the road to the actual Lands End.
This site is great and this time a year very peacefull , but the thing i never seem to understand is when a campsite invests in renovation (as it was here recent) why don't they put insulation arround the piping of the heated water in the sanitairy block?
It takes ages to have hot water coming out the tap ending up in a lot of waterlos.
Also can't understand why they keep placing those push buttons for water in the showers that only give water 10sec. witch bodypart can you wash in 10sec....?
You should say now a days a sensor type of tap should be the standard when renovating . Guess the ran out of money for these and pipinginsulation.

All in all a good site doh , i'm just pushing the boundries here..

Also can't understand why they keep placing those push buttons for water in the showers that only give water 10sec. witch bodypart can you wash in 10sec....?
But you have your own shower! ;)

Help...already a week since the super meet + Slimbridge! Thanks to Martin & Simon (Nick & Kevin) for all of the organization and support and to all of you fellow Californians for advice & info. Met too many friendly people to list but special mention to my “neighbours” Roy & Jude, Rik & Terri and fellow quizzers Bill & Linda. Ozzi enjoyed making so many doggy acquaintances too!
Ozzi and I had a great time and are looking forward to our next meet venture at Skipton.