Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Great value portable stove

Rhyddin

Rhyddin

A T6 Beach, named Dory
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all,

Just an FYI, I was in Ultimate Outdoors this afternoon, here in rainy Preston, and saw the below on sale.

A great way to have the option of a small stove in your Beach without needing a big gas cylinder. Needless to say, for less than £20, I bought the stove and 6 cans of gas!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

They are a good carry for everyone. Cartridges are very easy to find. Use for frying outside of the van, and for backup in case the main gas bottle runs dry.

Yeah this is the one I've got, it's a bargain. Didn't fry any bacon on it in 2015 though

Sent from my Galaxy S6

and I was just down the road!!

Why didn't I see it :shocked

I carry sortlike stove , other brand , same gas botlles.
Handy to bake meat, bacon,....smelly greasy stuff outside when the weater is good...tryed it in Norway also...but there was to much wind.
Think this is one close to essential to carry , takes not much space , also nice to have with you in case your campinggasbotle is close to empty ...

I carry sortlike stove , other brand , same gas botlles.
Handy to bake meat, bacon,....smelly greasy stuff outside when the weater is good...tryed it in Norway also...but there was to much wind.
Think this is one close to essential to carry , takes not much space , also nice to have with you in case your campinggasbotle is close to empty ...
Hopeless in wind, takes ages to heat up

There are other versions of this with a smaller carry case (depthwise). The campinggaz one has a fixed black bit you set the pan on. In the other versions you can turn this upside down for stowage, making it a cm or so less deep.

You can make the campinggaz one do the same by straightening the tags that hold the black bit in but of course you still have the deeper case.

We use one of these all the time and don't find it doesn't take long to heat things up even when it's windy, mind if it's a howling gale or chucking it down you'll find us in a cafe or pub :)

Gas burners are dramatically more effective if you can shield them from wind. They may work 'OK' in wind, but you use vastly more gas and increase boil times substantially. A bit of time spent choosing your spot and shielding them from wind is usually more than saved in the cook time.

Anyone using this inside of a beach? if used on the table should be as ok as using the Oceans built in?

There are other versions of this with a smaller carry case (depthwise). The campinggaz one has a fixed black bit you set the pan on. In the other versions you can turn this upside down for stowage, making it a cm or so less deep.

You can make the campinggaz one do the same by straightening the tags that hold the black bit in but of course you still have the deeper case.

We use one of these all the time and don't find it doesn't take long to heat things up even when it's windy, mind if it's a howling gale or chucking it down you'll find us in a cafe or pub :)
I've got the campingaz one, the black bit comes out and gets turned upside to pack away the same as other makes.
I suspect they're all made in the same factory.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Interesting - my campinggaz one which we bought middle of last year has a fixed black bit.

And I'm sure you are right that they're all built in the same factory, almost certainly in China.

Last edited:

Yeah did all of that. The Hebridies are a bit blowey!

Although I'm a fan of these, there was a scare on them last year. If you use a huge pan, that covers the side where the canister fits, the heat can't escape and it was alleged on some brands it could cause the cartridge to explode. So I'd stick to the well known brands, and don't use a pan bigger than the black square.

I find the Campingaz one is really great for cooking outside under the wind-out awning. I have a little low table to put it on and use a folding aluminium windshield. You can get them with a flame failure cut off too.

Back