Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaking pop top.

Ha, indeed!!
I did the same until I figured out how the interaction of all the elements came together.
All removed and nice clean gaps now. Flushed out all the drainage pipes and added a little sealant around the bottom and sides of the rubber drain grommets so hopefully all set for winter now.

I had similar. There were two causes.
One was that there was a spray of water coming in the top vent when the wind was in the wrong direction.
A little water looks alot when is beads like it is in the photo.
The second was that there was some of the stitches in the seams that I could see daylight through. I put a small amount of sealer on the stitching.
Seems to have been solved.

All removed and nice clean gaps now. Flushed out all the drainage pipes and added a little sealant around the bottom and sides of the rubber drain grommets so hopefully all set for winter now.
What do you mean by ".......around the bottom and sides of the rubber drain grommets....." can you show me?

What do you mean by ".......around the bottom and sides of the rubber drain grommets....." can you show me?
See picture below, mine looked like the sealant needed more sealant to be sure they didn't leak as I had water in the top of the A pillars after parked downhill in heavy rain and I know the drain pipes are clear after flushing with a syringe and no water ingress.sketch-1571863152371.png

Ah, OK. I was a little worried you meant the hole I have highlighted. This is of course the drain hole.
1572216793020.png