Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

May I introduce .....

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Never ask an historian to name anything :eek: You get the hour lecture with it .....

I am no monarchist. I chose Albert as a tongue in cheek name, made in Germany but looking after a regal lady. However the vehicle soon lived up to Albert's finer qualities, dependable, reliable, trustworthy... and almost a feeling of consumate loyalty.

If son of Albert does the same, will I be happy.

Someone who from early childhood displayed a precocious intelligence, Brave and fearless almost to the point of Reckless.

Someone Who loved all things naval, joined on merit not on privilege and rapidly promoted as a highly capable naval officer, until the quasi political appointment of Admiral of the Fleet.

A passionate traveller and explorer, the first member of the royal family to visit Australia (Where a would-be assassin's bullet nearly ended everything), South Africa, India, Ceylon: never happier than when travelling, especially with his beloved Royal Navy.

Finally someone who put duty above self, Reluctantly, with some bitterness, left his beloved Royal Navy and his Beloved GB to fill the vacant slot of Duke of Saxe-Coburg.

Ladies, Gentlemen, fellow travellers and explorers ..... May I introduce ...

Alfie

Alfie.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome Alfie! You look great! May you follow Albert‘s path and lead to unexplored terrain and new adventures always keeping an eye on GrannyJen!

No discreet overnight parking now.

Hello and welcome from 'Snuezy'

Well, if Albert did a good job of looking after you, I'm sure Alfie will be even more Earnest in his endeavours than Albert.

That looks good.
The number plate is a bit of a mess though.. Did they spill paint on it.

Are those lights on the bumper or just reflectors ?

Great two-tone combination ....!
New adventures ahead...:thumb

That looks good.
The number plate is a bit of a mess though.. Did they spill paint on it.

Are those lights on the bumper or just reflectors ?

Reflectors.

The number plate was vandalised :shocked

Never ask an historian to name anything :eek: You get the hour lecture with it .....

I am no monarchist. I chose Albert as a tongue in cheek name, made in Germany but looking after a regal lady. However the vehicle soon lived up to Albert's finer qualities, dependable, reliable, trustworthy... and almost a feeling of consumate loyalty.

If son of Albert does the same, will I be happy.

Someone who from early childhood displayed a precocious intelligence, Brave and fearless almost to the point of Reckless.

Someone Who loved all things naval, joined on merit not on privilege and rapidly promoted as a highly capable naval officer, until the quasi political appointment of Admiral of the Fleet.

A passionate traveller and explorer, the first member of the royal family to visit Australia (Where a would-be assassin's bullet nearly ended everything), South Africa, India, Ceylon: never happier than when travelling, especially with his beloved Royal Navy.

Finally someone who put duty above self, Reluctantly, with some bitterness, left his beloved Royal Navy and his Beloved GB to fill the vacant slot of Duke of Saxe-Coburg.

Ladies, Gentlemen, fellow travellers and explorers ..... May I introduce ...

Alfie

View attachment 27668
Very nice :)

Very tidy. Like they way the seal awning and awning rail add some balance around the top. When I was trying to decide on colour for mine it was between Indium Grey and White so I suspect I might have gone for it.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Some had to say this - might as well be me:

Jen - What's it all about?........Alfie!

Maybe you had to be around in the 60's to get it. :)

Have fun in Alfie. :upsidedown

I think all that naming embellishment stuff is a cover for naming him after a song by Cilla Black......What's it all about?

Does look good, Step inside, Love!!

Back