Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

May I introduce .....

Wish I had read the previous post first.
Good choice, Jen. Enjoy.

Some had to say this - might as well be me:

Jen - What's it all about?........Alfie!

Maybe you had to be around in the 60's to get it. :)

Have fun in Alfie. :upsidedown

I was around in the '60s .... when that lovely mr Disraeli was prime minister :shocked

Never ask an historian to name anything :eek: You get the hour lecture with it .....

I am no monarchist. I chose Albert as a tongue in cheek name, made in Germany but looking after a regal lady. However the vehicle soon lived up to Albert's finer qualities, dependable, reliable, trustworthy... and almost a feeling of consumate loyalty.

If son of Albert does the same, will I be happy.

Someone who from early childhood displayed a precocious intelligence, Brave and fearless almost to the point of Reckless.

Someone Who loved all things naval, joined on merit not on privilege and rapidly promoted as a highly capable naval officer, until the quasi political appointment of Admiral of the Fleet.

A passionate traveller and explorer, the first member of the royal family to visit Australia (Where a would-be assassin's bullet nearly ended everything), South Africa, India, Ceylon: never happier than when travelling, especially with his beloved Royal Navy.

Finally someone who put duty above self, Reluctantly, with some bitterness, left his beloved Royal Navy and his Beloved GB to fill the vacant slot of Duke of Saxe-Coburg.

Ladies, Gentlemen, fellow travellers and explorers ..... May I introduce ...

Alfie

View attachment 27669
Looks stunning.
Never ask an historian to name anything :eek: You get the hour lecture with it .....

I am no monarchist. I chose Albert as a tongue in cheek name, made in Germany but looking after a regal lady. However the vehicle soon lived up to Albert's finer qualities, dependable, reliable, trustworthy... and almost a feeling of consumate loyalty.

If son of Albert does the same, will I be happy.

Someone who from early childhood displayed a precocious intelligence, Brave and fearless almost to the point of Reckless.

Someone Who loved all things naval, joined on merit not on privilege and rapidly promoted as a highly capable naval officer, until the quasi political appointment of Admiral of the Fleet.

A passionate traveller and explorer, the first member of the royal family to visit Australia (Where a would-be assassin's bullet nearly ended everything), South Africa, India, Ceylon: never happier than when travelling, especially with his beloved Royal Navy.

Finally someone who put duty above self, Reluctantly, with some bitterness, left his beloved Royal Navy and his Beloved GB to fill the vacant slot of Duke of Saxe-Coburg.

Ladies, Gentlemen, fellow travellers and explorers ..... May I introduce ...

Alfie

View attachment 27669

Very posh, that's the first two tone in grey and white I've seen. Would good once you've had a trip away to hear you've views on the upgrades.
Enjoy your new adventure.

Looking good! Nice paint job.

Love the two tone Jen. The two colours which were our two choices. Looking at him what amazing memories you’ll make together.
Fun times ahead.
X

Very nice Jen, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Looks great, I really like the two tone colour scheme and it makes me think it's time to upgrade my Cali.

Looks fab GJ. Congratulations to you and welcome to Alfie. Without the number plate yet, was it delivered home on a trailer? :)

With the two tone, I wonder which colour is listed on the V5C? #confused

Looks fab GJ. Congratulations to you and welcome to Alfie. Without the number plate yet, was it delivered home on a trailer? :)

With the two tone, I wonder which colour is listed on the V5C? #confused

Thank you, It does have a number plate but I just obscured it. As a single female that often declares where she is going on public forums like this I'm a bit wary of disclosing my registration.

I drove it home today, a nice 200 mile run, and tomorrow / Friday I have a 500 mile round trip planned with a britstop so we will know each other quite well by Saturday.

Great looking van. Pic of him towing the caravan too please.
Love the name

Love to two tone, so glad we did not lose you to Mercedes

I would have liked to have the choice but MB did not provide me with one.

A comment that I read recently, said in a derogatory way towards the California ... "I chose a Marco Polo because I prefer glamping to camping". I thought about it for two seconds then realised that is why I bought the Cali. I want to go camping, not drive to a full facilities site and worry about keeping things clean. No 4WD, only one leisure battery and even more reliance on electric motors than the Cali means to me something that I would not take 20 yards from hook-up and bathrooms.

Last edited:
Great looking van. Pic of him towing the caravan too please.
Love the name

Definitely going to have an "Alfie meets Frieda" thread :D

I will be towing on Friday but not Frieda unfortunately, someone elses. However it gives me a chance to fiddle with the DCC and see if it reduces the rear wallowing that happens when towing on bumpy roads.

Thank you, It does have a number plate but I just obscured it. As a single female that often declares where she is going on public forums like this I'm a bit wary of disclosing my registration.

I drove it home today, a nice 200 mile run, and tomorrow / Friday I have a 500 mile round trip planned with a britstop so we will know each other quite well by Saturday.
Ah! I can see. You used grey to obscure. Had to look close to see that :) Yeah, the dealers cannot release a vehicle without a plate fixed.

What is the colour mentioned on the v5c? :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back