Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Much a-loo about nothing? (Do we need a toilet?)

K

KiwiCwtch

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
We have just bought our new Cali and are heading off to France and Spain for the summer. We are hoping to use the free stops and wild camping.

We are unsure about a loo. Do we need one? We have a she wee with a bottle attachment for the night. We don’t know if we need to upgrade to an actual toilet or if we can make do. Any thoughts?

We have just bought our new Cali and are heading off to France and Spain for the summer. We are hoping to use the free stops and wild camping.

We are unsure about a loo. Do we need one? We have a she wee with a bottle attachment for the night. We don’t know if we need to upgrade to an actual toilet or if we can make do. Any thoughts?
Bog in a Bag, simple, easily carried, disposal easy and no chemicals.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0759M7HZ8/?tag=eliteelect-21

Get ready for the posts ... there is lots of toilet threads on this formula already.

We are in a similar dilemma - got she-wee too.

My other half says when wild dig a hole - fine I suppose if you are actually really wild.

We are in France in June so will see how we fair - planning on mainly campsites (so no problem there) will be interesting to see how many of the Aires have toilet facilities for future reference.

Good luck

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

there is a limit …. we have a Thetford Porta Potti 335 cube.

It fits under the sink, and maintains our dignity.

If at a serviced site then we will use the facilities provided, otherwise the 335 works well for us. Only no.1's though!

There are toilets everywhere: supermarkets, bars, garages, motorway picnic areas etc so there is no need to panic for the no.2 and a she wee for the quickie. To be honest who wants to do a no.2 inside the van.

I guess you are correct, but ours outgrew us ages ago. You could leave them at home :)

If at a serviced site then we will use the facilities provided, otherwise the 335 works well for us. Only no.1's though!
Never doing no.2's? if there is a way of not so doing then I for one am very interested.
Otherwise a right pain in the butt but when you've goto go then why handle it 2 x?
It works for our canine friends; in the bag, in the bin.. open the windows...
:cheers

She-wee and a bottle of ‘truckers tizer’ :embarrased

No way will I have a toilet in my van.

Also, I strongly object to people 'going in the wild' behind bushes/boulders etc in popular areas.

Therefore, I've a trowel for when I'm in *really* remote areas, otherwise I park somewhere near facilities.

Fit a cover on it and it becomes a delightful extra seat/footrest, it seems that some on here have found a way to make calls of nature optional, i am impressed.

Chemical loo kept in the back, toilet tent when practical but no issue with using it in the van.

We carted a pop-a-loo around Scandinavia and the Baltic states for 12 weeks and never used it. We dumped it as soon as we returned to England and managed perfectly well without one for 9 further months touring Europe.

We have it with us this week on the Costa Blanca. It has been Christened by a son, but nothing more. We keep it in a corner of the driveaway awning.

Fit a cover on it and it becomes a delightful extra seat/footrest, it seems that some on here have found a way to make calls of nature optional, i am impressed.

i made a cover that fits a huge, soft cushion .... really comfy both as footrest and seat
i'd miss that item ( and the loo too )

We are on our first proper trip. Two weeks in France. Should have been Spain via Santander but I managed to find out the Ferry had been cancelled because of over running repairs and that’s still ongoing. Thanks Brittany Ferries!
Rant over we have a Cube 335 in the boot Used once in 10 days but prefer to know it’s there. Small loo tent is brilliant store and we have bought a 3 shelf pop up store cupboard from Decatholon which fits neatly in the loo tent. Excellent way to store wash kit, washing up bowls etc, crockery, cutlery and the many things so carefully stowed when traveling but a real pain to keep going backwards and forwards to the Cali for once on site.
Cube has not stopped us from taking everything we want including Duvelay toppers and two sun loungers. Another star buy from a Chalmers were 4 crocodile clips for 3 euros. Works a treat for securing laundry lines, shading sheet etc.
Enjoy
Mollie

I carry a Cube 355 but do my utmost never to use it. Never used it yet! Never dug a hole or used a bag either.