Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Much a-loo about nothing? (Do we need a toilet?)

Have you tried using cat litter (seriously)? Bit heavy but cheap.

We went with the Bivvy Loo and used it for the first time last night. It was brilliant. Takes up no room in the van, easy to put up and take down. So happy with it.
View attachment 46019
Mine is tucked away and unused, but I think perhaps it should be be less tucked away. It is like insurance - I don't want to use it. But its there if I need it.

Mine is tucked away and unused, but I think perhaps it should be be less tucked away. It is like insurance - I don't want to use it. But its there if I need it.

Anthony did you buy from the Carplife website? Surprised not more readily available in UK??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We purchased our first Cali in 2015 complete with new Thetford 335 cube toilet which we agreed would only be used as a last resort. We sold the toilet recently still mint and boxed having never once been tempted to use it.

For us at least, it proved to be unnecessary. You are never far from a toilet. If you do get caught short then why not get yourself one of these:
20191124_105938.jpg
They take up less room. You don't need to be pregnant to use it, just the owner. DO NOT attempt to use one that's in official use whether pregnant or not as that's a myth.

Last edited:
We purchased our first Cali in 2015 complete with new Thetford 335 cube toilet which we agreed would only be used as a last resort. We sold the toilet recently still mint and boxed having never once been tempted to use it.

For us at least, it proved to be unnecessary. You are never far from a toilet. If you do get caught short then why not get yourself one of these:
View attachment 52925
They take up less room. You don't need to be pregnant just the owner. DO NOT attempt to use one that's in official use whether pregnant or not as that's a myth.

What does the Human Rights Act say about this? Does it have to be a sergeant's helmet then?

Apologies to Facebook group for the double post but this is the answer :pinkbanana:thumb

I have heard that some people can hold on for weeks on end...The Queen for example...However not being royalty when I get the urge lookout....But then I suppose that’s why we bought one....

Where can I buy this in the UK? Can’t find it on any site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have a Bivvy for emergencies but have never used it. We had trouble sourcing it as everywhere was sold out. Found one from a fishing place, but can’t remember the name, got it by return of post.
www.carplife.uk.com are showing in stock.

What does the Human Rights Act say about this? Does it have to be a sergeant's helmet then?
Unless there is an actual policeman wearing it at the time of use then I cannot see a problem. However, in order to achieve total satisfaction it's best to obtain your very own helmet. The rank of it's previous owner will only ad to the sense of prestige and one upmanship.

Perfect for the job in hand and no need to spend a copper to use it either. :thumb

The open air is much under-rated for the purpose. Urinating in public is not a statutory or common law offence even if it may be against local byelaws. And indecent exposure is only an offence if you have an intention to be seen. Disorderly behaviour is an offence under the Public Order Act 1986. So just be orderly when you go. Simples.

The open air is much under-rated for the purpose. Urinating in public is not a statutory or common law offence even if it may be against local byelaws. And indecent exposure is only an offence if you have an intention to be seen. Disorderly behaviour is an offence under the Public Order Act 1986. So just be orderly when you go. Simples.
You are never far from a bush.

Thats very true...You can always tell by the reams of tissue you walk in to find a fresh spot. Oh and of coarse dont forget to clean your shoes before you get back into the van.....The smell can be with you for days..
Thats very true...You can always tell by the reams of tissue you walk in to find a fresh spot. Oh and of coarse dont forget to clean your shoes before you get back into the van.....The smell can be with you for days..
You have taken this to a whole new level. Level number 2 to be precise. Not what I was referring to.