Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MY19 on order

homerorchid

homerorchid

VIP Member
We have recently ordered new Cali Ocean (should arrive beginning 2019). To allow my wife and I to hopefully see members set-ups we have booked on to the Dorset site (static caravan) for the 3 nights (Fri, Sat, Sun) at the time of the VWCC meet. Would be great to meet some members to get some general advice/tips.

have you been quoted Jan 19 for delivery? - I was told Oct 18 for delivery if ordered now. It would be good to have a realistic delivery time

We told dealer we did not want it registering until the new year, wanted reg docs to say 2019 not 2018

Does that mean you’ve secured the current pricing and not subject to the potential price increases later this year?

Now you ask, not sure. On bottom of quote it says price subject to change, but there's always a deal to be had, if we don't like the deal we'll shop around, we'll play one dealer off another

Now you ask, not sure. On bottom of quote it says price subject to change, but there's always a deal to be had, if we don't like the deal we'll shop around, we'll play one dealer off another

It's a bit late to do a deal after you've ordered. Unless you are going to cancel and wait another 6 months.

Doesn't seem to be an issue, the dealer suggested that they find it difficult to get demos so if we decided to change our minds on delivery of Cali we could cancel our order and get our £1000 deposit back. I don't think they would be taking us to court to accept delivery

Doesn't seem to be an issue, the dealer suggested that they find it difficult to get demos so if we decided to change our minds on delivery of Cali we could cancel our order and get our £1000 deposit back. I don't think they would be taking us to court to accept delivery

I doubt they will be taking you to court either, just another van to sell, but your chances of getting a good deal will definitely be reduced.

We just ordered a new Cali Ocean last week, paid the deposit (£2000 in our case because of the options we included) and according to our dealer our order is now locked in at today's prices and so the price of the Cali itself will not change, even if VW increase the Cali pricing between now and delivery.

The one thing they did say might change is the VED although for us given we are close to being in the top bracket anyway then any VED increases are very unlikely (year 1 is £1760 and years 2 thru' 5 are £450); for this we had to sign a "Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicles Test Procedure" (WLTP) form; this form just basically says that due to emissions testing the road tax could go up and lead times could be extended.

As far as build dates and therefore delivery dates go, our dealer said that nobody who orders a Cali between now and August will get a firm build date until at least some time in August because this is when the production schedule for the MY19 spec will worked out; our dealer suggested that VW will determine the build week for our Cali in August which will then determine the delivery date; he explained that it could be anything between 2 and 6 months.

If we get a firm delivery date that is in Q4 of this year then we will take delivery as soon as it arrives with the dealer but if delivery goes into Q1 of next year then I will tell the dealer to delay registering the Cali until March 1st 2019.

Interesting that your VED is £1760, we have been quoted £1805?

Are you sure it is not £1,815?

The reason I ask is because there is also a New Vehicle Registration fee at £55; so £1,760 + £55 is £1,815.

Just looked a quote again, £1805 is 1st yrs VED plus 1st Reg Fee

Dealer may have got it wrong but he seem very knowledgable

Did you get an "order form" on the dealers stationary along with the "quote" they provided? The quote will say "subject to change" but your order form should not say this.

Just checked and order subject to change so I have emailed dealer and asked him to fix price or I'll have to take business elsewhere, maybe your dealer, thanks for heads-up

Now officially excited ... as just received a call from our dealer to say that our Cali is entering build phase next week! This will mean that we will get it in NZ in the October time frame - fitting nicely into the beginning of summer! The dealer does not have any details as to what MY19 means - or if there are any external changes (ie front end). I have seen the pictures from the Parker web site ... though nothing that relates to a finished product in Cali Ocean guise. So hoping that all ends up ok. If anyone has any more info/pictures on this - then it would be great to hear/see. Thanks

if you order before any price rise is announced , you will pay todays price.
if you order one before a price rise is imminent and has been announced, you have to get it registered within 21 days of it landing in the uk to get the price quoted or it will re-consign at the new price.
With the new WLTP regulations , it is one thing to say when a vehicle is due to be built - it's another to say when it can be registered. This is an industry wide problem and not just VW, don't pin your hopes on getting one soon...

Anyone have any idea of the MY19 changes (if any?) they seem to be leaving this pretty late. Maybe they have some chassis part built to MY18 from the halted production at end of ‘17

only notable change on MY19 is wing mirror reshaped , petrol variants dropped and 204ps going to be 199ps

only notable change on MY19 is wing mirror reshaped , petrol variants dropped and 204ps going to be 199ps

Where have you read / seen this. I thought it was 198? The Düsseldorf caravan show is this weekend so I’d guess anything new will surface then.

no picture , just description -

Driver's side wing mirror changes from aspherical to convex