Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Mats

I had a set delivered on Friday. They are spectacular value when compared to the other options out there.

It's a good indication that the supply chain for all the other sellers must be adding 'significant' margin ! I am pretty sure this supplier is also the manufacturer for other 'retailers'.

The quality looks good, although time will tell. Not sure you would want a thicker carpet to try and get under the bench seat drawer. Had to remove the drawer contents to push the carpet under.

The amazing thing is that they are delivered by FedEx, so not some guy in his car that chucks the package over the side gate and can't be bothered to leave a card!

The only minor point is that the front set doesn't reach as far into the footwell as the vw double front mat. I may swap that back again.

It will be good to compare the carpet quality and fit to other Makes we use ..
The higher quality usually don't have the heel pad on them and found this on Audi Vw and Volvo mats ,but you can't grumble at the price if you need to tighten up on spending ...
Not sure about having to swop the front set back ...is it not good at all ??

Hi, does anyone know whether these mats will fit a pre-facelift Cali (2007)?

Derrick said:
Hi, does anyone know whether these mats will fit a pre-facelift Cali (2007)?

Not sure Mate. Cant see there being a huge difference.

Call the company and ask?

danny13 said:
Valuecarmats, £22 with next day delivery - sold! :thanks

Can we get a discount with these value mats as forum members? If so can anyone pm me the code?

Thanks in advance

Ed

hi all,

I know this thread is almost 4 years since the last update, but thought i'd share my experience from QTM, as this thread was a good source of info. I've got a T6 conversion, not a cali sadly, but i'm loving it regardless!

Anyway, i ordered the prestige mats in light grey, with black and silver piping. I have a double front swivel seat, so chose the three seat option. The package arrived a few days after ordering and the first thing i noticed was the heel pad, which was a sign earlier of an incorrect mat. However, a quick call to Chris confirmed that the design has changed so all prestige mats now get a heel pad, the website just hasn't been updated. I am impressed with the quality for the price, the material is plush and the mats are well finished.

Unfortunately, what i didn't realise was the 3 seat option didn't mean a swivel seat. The swivel mechanism sticks out further forward than original seat, to allow room for the swivel bolts. This meant the carpet sat unevenly on the front and couldn't tuck under the mechanism. The panel van also didn't come with the carpet clips to secure it (not really a surprise tbh :))

So, a quick ebay visit to purchase some mat clips and i fixed the 2 under the drivers seat to set the mat where it "should" sit and took an educated guess at how much I needed to remove. Then, in an all or nothing moment i cut the mat down, using the existing holes as a guide. I checked for fit and it was bang on - phew. I decided where the mat clips should go and cut the holes for that with a craft knife and marked the floor to install the clips.

Couple of pics of the mat after cutting and fitted in place. Really happy with the fit!
y3mJ4SUE16PLTj7jXGV1yvsAUWhSt_7841Cy2tBhO9bft9EfCYBn3IsULIHbA5hv2btnZu3Of5ux09mEcae3upYbxtuCCgbt-xRqViyvmBPUG_xMeZIS2Lw9VxU_fnQ1qcvWXN40Dguss565AthxwB4QXFrCXeHMDHZcSFXDuOdNj4

y3mXNk3k0KYbBZnf2y_o8-g4ezkCm33Fs3vLIGS7hl0nltGRo1Miq-de_pT0008X3WXk5FSPd3ghIT0U38uXDMeHc9bMssBbt68TA76lTS7vNz1dVxAbT6vk9k36kQa37CLvTYQ5IHAU0JmLIpp6ooRhH0f-mNGhPpYqoOG0_XQz20

For the price its a good mat and whilst the fit wasn't ideal to start with that's not something I anticipated and expect the variation of seat mounting options would make it difficult to cater for all, so my home brew mods were well worth it.

Hopefully this helps someone else looking at the mats!

Cheers

David

My Cali mat is a bit more unusual, it's made from coffee bean sacks. I've had it for a few years now and still in good nick, plus doesn't show the dog hair like a dark coloured one!

IMG_3779.JPG

They certainly look different!

Referring to the "really cheap" mats from ValueCarmats...
The chap who ran that business along side his other car mat business went bust. He was doing things under hand, such as tax avoidance for one! From looking at his company records he was £300,000 in debt when he went bust. With a good chunk at £50k owed to HMRC.

Last edited:
Back