Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Mats

murray0710 said:
That's exactly how they are. Ive emailed some pictures to Chris at his request and should hopefully get it sorted. Just a bit of a pain.

i hear ya murray ,as you proably read i've been through it .Hope it gets sorted sooner than later fella :thumb

Still trying to get it sorted. Seems I've ordered the wrong colour to have the latex backing at present although I only ordered after the comment from the company on the previous page that ALL rear mats would have the latex backing.

Jim

murray0710 said:
Still trying to get it sorted. Seems I've ordered the wrong colour to have the latex backing at present although I only ordered after the comment from the company on the previous page that ALL rear mats would have the latex backing.

not heard that one jim..all cali mats are now meant to come with latex backing ( i was told after mine got sent out with that other stuff)
.what colour did you order out of interest . :?: :?:

Jim

Midnight blue. Think it's sorted now as I'm now getting a set in a 'similar' colour all with latex backing. Think the lesson learned here is to phone and clarify before ordering.

Jim

This as far as i can see has only just started to be a problem with this company .. The other backed carpet isn't good at all and not sure why they are sending it out ,as i thought the lesson had been learnt with me complaining and if not keeping on at them they wouldn't have got replaced .

Hey all again.

Sorry for the mixup this time.
I wasn't told that this midnight blue prestige wasn't available with the rubber/latex backing at the time of sorting out the problem with a previous set. I was just informed that all cali sets would go out with it so assumed the problem wouldn't aris again.

They have now sourced a "Denim Blue" which i think is a shade lighter than the midnight blue. Just awaiting it to be delivered to the factory before they can get the replacement sorted.
I will leave the colour choice on the website as midnight blue though as i think they are going to stick with just the one with the rubber/latex backing as it is slightly a better quality anyway.

Hopefully this will be the last we hear of the harder backing problems. But i will say that this only really applies in the "Prestige" range. Anyone purchasing a standard poly set, or a velour set will more than likely receive one with a harder backing.

Chris,

A word of advise from a fellow business owner - your products are your business, your service is your business.

You need to be right there at the factory, checking orders as they go out, personally ensuring customers have the right product and to the quality expected.

I have a set and the quality is good BUT there were a load of hassles getting the order right - it took over two weeks.

Some customers are happy, others have been hacked off. You need to take full control, iron out any issues then if that works, put some robust systems in place including a QC manager to ensure every customer is happy.

I can count at least five irritated customers here - just get those systems sorted and you'll be laughing. The product (if/when it arrives) will sell itself if the service reflects the mats.

Sorry if this sounds heavy handed but I feel this is a critical time and simply "remote selling" removes the control you should have.

Wise words. Potentially you have a market here of x, growing by ~300 a year. For the right products there is nice little niche market. Received the comfortz waterproof 'downstairs' mattress topper yesterday and first impressions are very positive.

Jim

Received my new mats today and what a difference in terms of quality compared with jthe original mats I was sent. Anyone got any tips for fitting them? Having issues fitting the centre mat under the bench seat.

Jim

No tips as such but it will go it's a bit tight to start with I just push it under as far as it will go
Then open the drawer a little till it raises the carpet up then push a little and repeat until it is far enough under the bed :thumb :thumb easier the second and third time you do it :rofl I remove mine when I take the dog out in the Cali as it gets covered in dog hair so plenty of practice :rofl

Sod that, these will be a permanent fixture if I ever get them fitted :grin:

murray0710 said:
Sod that, these will be a permanent fixture if I ever get them fitted :grin:
. :rofl :rofl

murray0710 said:
Received my new mats today and what a difference in terms of quality compared with jthe original mats I was sent. Anyone got any tips for fitting them? Having issues fitting the centre mat under the bench seat.

Jim

glad you got the correct mats in the end fella :thumb :thumb

they are nothing like the other one's even if qtm say the quality is the same ...

Carrg said:
Woo so overall not great?

What % is the disc code?

Discount is 10% If I remember rightly carrg ....
What colour was you after fella ?

I have a mid grey set ,but it is quite dark .. I could send you over a photo if you fancy it :)

I'm not having a lot of luck finding out when 3 rail mats will be availible. Just out of interest and maybe to apply some more pressure how many of you out there are waiting for the 3 rail version to become availible?

If any of you need a front mat (that gap between for footwell mats being light grey carpet is NOT handy!) then do look at Megavan mats. We got one before these became available. At first I thought I'd got my timing wrong but the mat is actually doing a great job and is mega heavy duty. We go belt and braces and put rubber footwell mats over it too - it's protecting the cab area floor really well.

One issue I'm having is the rear boot mat - the front O/S corner catches the bench seat when you move it and is slowly disintegrating.

Still looks very good though and easy to clean with our turbo death destroyer vacuum cleaner.

I was finding the plastic floor very hard to keep clean - especially when muddy.

KernowLad said:
If any of you need a front mat (that gap between for footwell mats being light grey carpet is NOT handy!) then do look at Megavan mats. We got one before these became available. At first I thought I'd got my timing wrong but the mat is actually doing a great job and is mega heavy duty. We go belt and braces and put rubber footwell mats over it too - it's protecting the cab area floor really well.

One issue I'm having is the rear boot mat - the front O/S corner catches the bench seat when you move it and is slowly disintegrating.

Still looks very good though and easy to clean with our turbo death destroyer vacuum cleaner.

I was finding the plastic floor very hard to keep clean - especially when muddy.

Duly noted. Will check out their site. Thks.

I have to say my dealings with this company were less than special and I think I'm not alone.

The mats aren't bad but as I've said before the fronts are much shorter than the OEM ones I had.

They are made elsewhere and the guy at QTM is just a bedroom based go between I think. When asked the questions I got a reply as if it were from a sulking teenager.

When or if you order guys please please make sure you tell him that you want the rubber backed carpets as its for a Cali .. Even though u are ordering Cali mats .. Make it clear in e- mails and on order ... This is because I had problems which I had to fight to get the mats changed ..( long story) maybe in this thread

choplee said:
When or if you order guys please please make sure you tell him that you want the rubber backed carpets as its for a Cali .. Even though u are ordering Cali mats .. Make it clear in e- mails and on order ... This is because I had problems which I had to fight to get the mats changed ..( long story) maybe in this thread

Lol yeah I read it all.... :headwall

Back