Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Question.....So when your California reaches build?

Hey Chris..... Here she is as of 2 minutes ago.

@2020 freedom Does this count as a Hyper Stalk Assist? When a fellow stalker updates on behalf of another stalker?

More to the point, any news on your van?

BTW Congratulations on being in 4th place in the Top Poster of the Month so far. Are you going for top spot this month or next? The podium is within reach, but pole position could be a stretch.

Come on... someone must have started to look at the CCTV by now..
You joke but I have just tried to find out if there's any footage on youtube of the makassar highway being loaded/unloaded... (I couldn't find anything). I think I may be becoming slightly obsessed...

@2020 freedom Does this count as a Hyper Stalk Assist? When a fellow stalker updates on behalf of another stalker?
I don't know but you started it around post 65 didn't you? So you have the right to name it.

@2020 freedom

More to the point, any news on your van?
Only that I'm told once its in port at Sheerness, the dealer can't do anything about it until VW release it to them after all checks have been carried out. They check its conditon after transportation and it can take up to 14 days but I'd guess this is typically less than half that time.

@2020 freedom
BTW Congratulations on being in 4th place in the Top Poster of the Month so far. Are you going for top spot this month or next? The podium is within reach, but pole position could be a stretch.
Not really, I wont be doing much posting from my captains seat :Stig :rolleyes:

Besides I'd like to impart knowledge in later posts instead of the rubbish I come out with now.

@California7 only lives 12 miles away from the dock....

See this thread - for more hyper stalking

Flippin' eck you lot are obsessed! take a leaf out of my book and relax a little bit.
Now @California7 fancy going down there and having a word sometime tomorrow? Shall we say 6 a.m? Tell them to pull their finger out!

Shall we say 6 a.m?
Was there a nice sunrise?

A potential way for anyone needing to alleviate their ongoing hyper stalking symptoms, whilst your van is endlessly inching closer and closer - get yourself one of these exciting, well known [copy], building block campervan construction kits:
wilko.jpg
You will be able to marvel at the fine engineering and amazing detail. Build, deconstruct and reconstruct it over and over again whilst impressing the family with your knowledge of the intricacies of the campervan build process. Then ask yourself 'Why haven't VW come up with the concept of a cool California Trailer?'

Other (more costly) brands of brick based construction kits are available.

Nice....how long for delivery?

Just thought I'd give a little update.
So My Cali is still in Sheerness at code 40.
Thought I'd get the dealers angle on this as all the good stuff time wise is coming undone at the seams and I have a house move comoing so trying to avoid the move and the pick up coinciding.
Believe me I tried to plan them apart and the house move just took off all of a sudden.
I digress....
Speaking to the dealer, it seems there are 2 approaches. You either sit it out waiting for VW clearance or request that the vehicle is called forward. I don't think there are any guarantees when requesting this but it is an option as this idea came from them not from me.
So it looks like I may be able to pick up on the 5th or 6th of December if that comes off. Failing that, I'll have to wait for the house move to happen first, in which case we are looking at the 14th December.
Not happy with the process once it lands this side. Yep I know there are plenty of people waiting longer both now and over the years but it feels like all the hard work went sweetly and there is no need for delay.
:help

the house move just took off
Cripes - you have a lot on - hope the move goes well.

As for your elusive California, which surely can't be any longer? Hopefully you will get it on the 5th or 6th, then you will still be well within a week of us.

Sadly mine missed the boat. It got to Emden on the 23rd and is still was waiting to be allocated a ship to Grimsby.

Cripes - you have a lot on - hope the move goes well.

As for your elusive California, which surely can't be any longer? Hopefully you will get it on the 5th or 6th, then you will still be well within a week of us.
Thanks Pete!
Its OK though COZ I CAN COPE :mad::mute:punch:rage:embarrased:eek:

Is there any CCTV of Emden? Do you know which berth/mooring it tends to go from? You might be able to see a sea (pardon the pun) of vans/calis parked up waiting to board...

So it looks like I may be able to pick up on the 5th or 6th of December

Sorry to hear about your van delay. Moving house, taking delivery of a van and Christmas just around the corner.... brave stuff! Good luck!

It looks like my van has consistently been about 3 or 4 days behind yours. Mine was code 30 on 19th November, and arrived into Sheerness on the Makassar Highway on 24th November. My dealer tells me that from there, it kind of depends on how quick it takes to check them in/over, and then how long it is before the next transporter with a space on it is heading towards your van centre. I've been told that my van _should_ be at the van centre I'm using (in Plymouth) on 4th Dec, so ready to collect later that week. If yours is still 3 or 4 days ahead of mine then you should be getting a call from your dealer soon I'd hope! :)

Good luck, and keep the faith. Once you have your hands on the keys/steering wheel, the waiting will seem like the blink of an eye!

Back