Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Self Quarantine How easy is it

Seems we've been here before, village near us.

On a more positive note. Got the engine back in the MG today instead of being away as planned.View attachment 56417View attachment 56418
On a similar note, I'm going to have some of the cleanest, best maintained cars around, not to mention a very organised camper and a beautifully manicured garden...Oh what was that about BBC screening past world cup football and rugby?

We had a mysterious post arrive of hand gel and for the life me I couldn’t work out where it came from.
About a week earlier I had a search on line for some as we had none at all but I was sure I hadn’t got as far as entering my address as I was disgusted by the profiteering.

Mystery solved today when one of our lads was wishing his mother happy Mother’s Day and did you get your present. Yep hand gel. My boys are trained well.

Mike

As a triumph man through and through I would normally give you a smart remark about an MG but in these challenging times I will behave and say she looks great. Is that Signal Red.

Karlos, shame on you. Signal Red is a Triumph colour.

1584875529472.png
Happier times.. just last month, rallying my Signal Red TR4 in NZ (photo copyright Will Broadhead).

Some info that my Daughter found relating to protecting from the Virus. Source Far East ???

Wash all clothes and have a shower upon return from an exposed area.

Drink hot fluids regularily. Tea, Coffee etc, gargle and rinse mouth using warm water with salt or vinegar or just warm water. Cold drinks are of no benefit.

Apparently initial Chinese autopsy investigations are that the virus causes a solid mass in the lungs stopping their function.

the hot drinks are to wash any early exposure collecting in the mouth or throat and washing them directly into the stomach where normal digestive acids destroy them.

Usual hand washing etc still applies but regular hot drinks are a new addition to my knowledge.
sorry to disappoint beer drinkers.

I'll try to get the link for the 10 point actions. Would expect official info to be released if relevant.

Last edited:
Some info that my Daughter found relating to protecting from the Virus. Source Far East.

Wash all clothes and have a shower upon return from an exposed area.

Drink hot fluids regularily. Tea, Coffee warm water with salt or vinegar or just warm water. Cold drinks are of no benefit.

Apparently initial Chinese autopsy investigations are that the virus causes a solid mass in the lungs stopping their function.

the hot drinks are to wash any early exposure collecting in the mouth or throat and washing them directly into the stomach where normal digestive acids destroy them.

Usual hand washing etc still applies but regular hot drinks are a new addition to my knowledge.
sorry to disappoint beer drinkers.

I'll try to get the link for the 10 point actions.

Unless from a credible source such as gov.uk, advice such as this should be treated with a great deal of caution.

If you somehow got sh1t on your hands, you wouldn’t make do with smearing it off with paper. Nothing less than soap and water would do.

Bidet, Japanese toilets or even the Indian soap and bucket of water all seem more

hygienic.

I have been using this method at home since I travelled to India 45 years ago. I reckon I have saved about 100 trees worth of paper since that time!

Free beer anyone. Our local football club have judt posted on Facebook that they are giving away all their beer stocks rather than throwing it away. Nice gesture but I bet the footie ground is now rammed with folks mingling to get a free pint.

Free beer anyone. Our local football club have judt posted on Facebook that they are giving away all their beer stocks rather than throwing it away. Nice gesture but I bet the footie ground is now rammed with folks mingling to get a free pint.

Or take it home and have a party.

Down the drain with it.

Mike

Some jokes to keep us going:-
I went to the chemist yesterday and asked the assistant; "What kills the Corona Virus?"
She replied to me, "Ammonia Cleaner."
I said, "Oh, I am sorry- I thought you worked here..."

Plane with 5 passengers on board, Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, the Pope, Leo Varadkar and a ten year old school boy. The plane is about to crash and theres only 4 parachutes Trump, said i need one i've to sort out the USA! Takes one and jumps, The pope said i need one, I've to sort out the catholic Church. Takes one and jumps, Boris said i'm the smartest man in England takes one and jumps, Leo said to the ten year old "you can have the last parachute I've lived my life yours is only starting"...the 10 year old said "ah sure theres 2 parachutes left the smartest man in England took my school bag"

Tescos, good, occasionally busy later.
Sainsburys, moderate to good, sale on Corn Flakes.
Asda, slight to moderate, heavy crowds by evening.
Marks and Spencer and Co-Op, fair.
Waitrose fair to moderate, spillage in aisle 7.
Lidl, rough at first, moderate later.
Aldi, rough at first, becoming rougher.

And that's the end of the Shopping Forecast.

Doctor: "Sorry but, following testing, I can now confirm that you DO have the Corona virus."

Patient: "That's not possible - I have made sure that I am totally immune."

Doctor: "How so?"

Patient: "I have 300 Tesco toilet rolls in the house!"

Just a heads up The Ministry of Defence have been told to be on standby for complete UK lockdown as of Sunday evening at 6pm... No one is to leave their home's unless you work in Front Line Retail or the NHS...

I heard this directly from my neighbour Trigger who is best friends with a guy called Boycey. Boycey knows a guy named Del who drinks down the pub with his uncle Albert. Albert was in the Navy during the war so knows his stuff.

Please pass it on.

Rubbish you can’t self isolate in a camper - unless these people don’t require access to water or toilets - shame they didn’t decide to go back home when they landed in Plymouth, which is a shorter distance from where they are now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back